Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

View attachment 19725 Hello everyone! I'm super excited to be joining a group of fellow enthusiasts. My name is Corey Daniels and I live in South Jordan, Utah. My wife is a school teacher and we are the parents of 4 teenage (one is actually 20 yrs old) daughters. I love off-road travel. Whenever we are traveling I'm always looking for the next best "shortcut" or road less traveled. However, my daughters finally clued into the fact that "shortcut" doesn't mean the same to me as it does to them. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

I'm currently driving a 2012 Land Rover LR4, but also drive a 2004 Ford F-150. The Ford has 375,000 miles on it, which is a testament to how much we enjoy traveling. I have build plans for the LR4, but haven't started yet. Still coping with the fact that there aren't any tire options for 19" wheels:confused:
The LR4 is a nice rig but...I got tell you, that donkey in the picture really put a smile on my face!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Mario Ol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Rockwall, Tx
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Ol
Member #

Hi all, I am ʍąяɨ๏ and i'm new to the forum

I'm located in the DFW area Tx. My rig is a 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro 4x. Since purchaseing this vehicle in 2011 I have been on many adventures and slept in it many times during our travels. My longest duration of living out of my vehicle during one of our trips has been 2 1/2 weeks. It's a work in progress with many mods so far.
Here is a few pics
2F6AEB16-91F2-4232-A6A8-6DF2C06B9792.JPG

433E4070-D676-48A1-B221-9FA98992A7F2.JPG

AFD3FFE8-690B-4D9D-945A-EF33051479B6.JPG

D31AB912-D812-47CA-A256-F70B1B35E0F4.jpg

445BC2D2-15D8-45D2-A1DD-8AD356D2D69D.jpg

Last edited:

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello from Arkansas!
I do not have a vehicle yet, do motorcycles count?
Looking forward to learning more from this experienced community.
I did motorcycle overlanding for a period of 4 years...grueling! Hindsight I wish I could do it again. Live the dream, when you get older and your bones ache, you can smile and tell stories to inspire younger people to live their dreams too.

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi I am Guillermo Herrera, forgive me for my English.

I from venezuelan and i emigrated to Ecuador
My car is a land cruiser fzj 80 1993
Engine 4500 cc and carburetor.
Transmission is manual not automatics.
This truck it was my father's, therefore has family history.
My truck still in Venezuela in my family's house , waiting for my return in a country free of the dictatorship chavista, I don't sell it because i think I am going to go back and tour my country

Please support my country that is going through a very bad situation, military repression and end affects all of America, although they do not fell this way.

"Billions of voices from many countries is more millions voices a single country"
Amigo Venezolano, reciba mi cordial saludos de un puertoriqueño viviendo en Oregon. Reconozco que Venezuela esta en tiempo duros. No venda el auto que es herencia familiar. De esperanza vivimos y somos. En Portland, Oregon Estoy a su servicio.

TCBronson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I did motorcycle overlanding for a period of 4 years...grueling! Hindsight I wish I could do it again. Live the dream, when you get older and your bones ache, you can smile and tell stories to inspire younger people to live their dreams too.

I took a month and road my MC from Arkansas to Prudhoe Bay AK, 10,800 mile round trip, mostly camping out. I am looking at maybe getting a new Africa Twin and a project classic 1973 Jeep Commando for Overlanding.

PinnaclePete

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Maumelle, Arkansas
Member #

Speaking of Arkansas, I'm in the Little Rock area and hit the Ouachita Mountains couple times a month with doggo. Rig is a daily driver 2014 Tacoma under continuous modding as budget allows. Make a lot of "business" trips throughout AR and to TN, MO and OK with some overnight exploration. Badge# 798
ORV15.jpg

Last edited:

Ditcherman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sheridan, IN, USA
Member #

Hello from central Indiana, my name is Matt and I am stoked to be a part of this community as I begin overlanding adventures. I have camped and hiked a lot, but recently with a renewed interest in backpacking, discovered overlanding as I have been building a new to me 07 Toyota Tundra. So far the mods are a 4" Tuff Country lift up front (had level kit on front and airbags in rear when purchased), 20x10 Moto Metal 977's wrapped with 275/65R20 (34") Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and Bushwacker fender flares. This is a daily driver and these tires are put to good use as I have a farm drain tile installation company. So the Tundra was bought as a work truck and also to get me and the family/friends west to hike, and it has morphed into building it out into an overland vehicle. I am currently working on building a rack for my Tepui tent I bought during REI's 20% off sale for members. This started by learning how to tig weld aluminum, I guess you could say I like learning new things and love doing it myself. Future goals for the rig at this point are a rear bumper build that carries the spare, and a solution to the tiny fuel tank on this truck. Really looking forward to putting it to good use to see many sights with many friends.
Edit: OB#3743 Yay!

Reactions: Deadpool_TRD

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

I drive a 2005 GX470.
Simple mods so far.
I live in Nashville.
I am a total novice when it comes to 4x4. All of my other cars were small sports cars.

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

Greetings from Anchorage, Alaska!
I am totally new to Overlanding on four wheels. Been all over on two. The last trip took me from Alaska to the Southern tip of Argentina.
I'm a retired pilot, so traveling is in my blood. Looking forward to learning how to travel in my little truck. ( 2017 Tacoma)

Best,

Peter
Hello and welcome to the group. Just want to make sure you know about the first "Meet and Greet," for Alaska OB members. It's planned for Jun 18th, at the Brushkana Creek campground at mile 104 on the Denali Why. You can get more info on the meet by going to the Upcoming Member Events listing and scroll down to Jun 18. Hope to see you there!

Boulder Burt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granite Falls, WA
Member #

Hi all, I am ʍąяɨ๏ and i'm new to the forum

I'm located in the DFW area Tx. My rig is a 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro 4x. Since purchaseing this vehicle in 2011 I have been on many adventures and slept in it many times during our travels. My longest duration of living out of my vehicle during one of our trips has been 2 1/2 weeks. It's a work in progress with many mods so far.
Here is a few pics
View attachment 22498

View attachment 22499

View attachment 22500

View attachment 22501

View attachment 22502
Nice setup.

Boulder Burt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Granite Falls, WA
Member #

Hello there fellow Overlanders,
My name is Jessica I've been overlanding / four-wheeling most of my life.
I also do motorcycle overlanding.
I'm currently living in Lake Havasu, but unfortunately my job doesn't allow me to be able to get back home as much as I would love to.
View attachment 22331 One of my rigs is a 97 Land Rover Disco XD
Nice Land Rover.

Escher

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Washington, DC, USA
Member #

First post here. Longtime overland and off-road tourer. Being that I drive a Subaru "soft-roader," I appreciate the open mindset with "it doesn't matter what you drive." :grinning:

Currently I run a MY06 Subaru Forester with a 1" lift and King springs. It's my ideal everyday vehicle. Practical daily driver, and capable enough for my needs off road. I like the idea of taking full advantage of my modest vehicle's abilities, rather than driving something that's overkill 99 percent of the time. So far, it's worked out well.

I did leave the Forester behind in the US during two multi-year stints in West Africa, where I drove various Toyotas, incl. a 1998 100-Series Land Cruiser with a 3.0l diesel. Wish I could have taken that one back with me. It wasn't quick by any means, but it had all the torque you'd ever need, and lovely sideways bench seats in the trunk. The kids affectionately referred to it as "The Bulldozer." :grinning:

Look forward to reading up, and enjoying the diverse group of vehicles and overland adventures. Cheers!

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

First post here. Longtime overland and off-road tourer. Being that I drive a Subaru "soft-roader," I appreciate the open mindset with "it doesn't matter what you drive." :grinning:

Currently I run a MY06 Subaru Forester with a 1" lift and King springs. It's my ideal everyday vehicle. Practical daily driver, and capable enough for my needs off road. I like the idea of taking full advantage of my modest vehicle's abilities, rather than driving something that's overkill 99 percent of the time. So far, it's worked out well.

I did leave the Forester behind in the US during two multi-year stints in West Africa, where I drove various Toyotas, incl. a 1998 100-Series Land Cruiser with a 3.0l diesel. Wish I could have taken that one back with me. It wasn't quick by any means, but it had all the torque you'd ever need, and lovely sideways bench seats in the trunk. The kids affectionately referred to it as "The Bulldozer." :grinning:

Look forward to reading up, and enjoying the diverse group of vehicles and overland adventures. Cheers!
Subaru's rock! My daughter loves hers. It's a solid vehicle.

Reactions: Escher