Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

theNAST1EST

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Well, there's nothing quite like stumbling upon a community of like-minded individuals...

I'm Nate and I'm sure like many of you, it was pretty to cool to learn there was a name for the vehicle-based adventures I've been going on for years.

In my early years, you could either find me elbow-deep in a Jeep, or knee-deep in mud trying to figure out my next move. I still have my first rig, albeit in an unfortunate state of deterioration, and a new (to me) blank canvas waiting to be lovingly adorned with all the adventuring doodads.

The cherry-red 1993 2-door XJ Sport was (and still is, to some degree) my baby, but I'm afraid I just don't have the capital, or maybe the heart, to restore it to its former glory. Much like the founder of OB, I too have found that divorce has a peculiar way of sending you back to your roots. I just dumped my family-man sedan for the Subaru Outback I've always wanted...don't ask me why, I've just always loved them...

At any rate, I look forward to being a member of what looks like an organization of fine human beings.

Thanks.

Present, and past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deadpool_TRD

Deadpool_TRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello,
New overland member here, my name is Israel Franco i drive a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO @deadpooltrd on instagram, just started that page. Im a bay area native. Love exploring and adventures. I consider myself a novice when it comes to overloading. My rig isn't fully built yet in the process of getting roof rack and RTT, would call myself more of a weekend warrior, my wife and son love the outdoors as well as our 2 Alaskan Malamutes. Our goal is to get out as much as we can.
IMG_3330.PNG

jessthegypsy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Lake Havasu AZ
Member #

Hello there fellow Overlanders,
My name is Jessica I've been overlanding / four-wheeling most of my life.
I also do motorcycle overlanding.
I'm currently living in Lake Havasu, but unfortunately my job doesn't allow me to be able to get back home as much as I would love to.
17952847_1449624551771649_9213392269325214917_n.jpg One of my rigs is a 97 Land Rover Disco XD

Last edited:

LX4fiddy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Snapseed.jpg A0282965-4FAA-4F5F-8449-1DB1580AFB27.JPG F275ECBD-37AE-4A71-9B0A-190CB895B1F5.JPG Snapseed.jpg Hey overlanders! I'm stoked to join the community.
Rig: 97' LX450 OME J spring lift, 315 MTRs, ARB lockers front and rear, 4:88 gears, DC Fab rear bumper, trail gear front bumper, 9500 smittybilt winch, outpost sliders, and some other odds and ends...

I'm always looking for others to explore with. Let me know of any trips and if I'm available I'll be there. See you out there!

Katie Jean

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cambria, CA
Member #

I've been wanting to join for awhile and finally have!
My name is Katelyn and I am thoroughly invested in all 4 wheel drive activities.
Overland Rig: 2005 Nissan Xterra Offroad; I don't have very many modifications done, it came stock with a rear locker and I've added a 2 inch lift, front Shrockworks bumper, Insain Fab bumper/swing away tire carrier, and Smittybilt winch. Soon I will be putting a Tepui RTT and awning on, wiring an extra battery and hooking it up to solar.
Other 4x4's: Two 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai's and a 1986 1UZFE swapped SAS Toyota 4Runner

I have been 4 wheeling since I can remember and driving my Samurai since 4. My dad would put in first gear, 4 low and I would putt around wherever he'd let me. 18 years after than, him and I are constantly building and working on our vehicles.

I am recently getting into the overland travel aspect and I am super excited to be getting my Xterra overland ready! My boyfriend and I will be going on a road trip for the whole month of June and we are more than excited! :)

Attachments

LX4fiddy

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've been wanting to join for awhile and finally have!
My name is Katelyn and I am thoroughly invested in all 4 wheel drive activities.
Overland Rig: 2005 Nissan Xterra Offroad; I don't have very many modifications done, it came stock with a rear locker and I've added a 2 inch lift, front Shrockworks bumper, Insain Fab bumper/swing away tire carrier, and Smittybilt winch. Soon I will be putting a Tepui RTT and awning on, wiring an extra battery and hooking it up to solar.
Other 4x4's: Two 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai's and a 1986 1UZFE swapped SAS Toyota 4Runner

I have been 4 wheeling since I can remember and driving my Samurai since 4. My dad would put in first gear, 4 low and I would putt around wherever he'd let me. 18 years after than, him and I are constantly building and working on our vehicles.

I am recently getting into the overland travel aspect and I am super excited to be getting my Xterra overland ready! My boyfriend and I will be going on a road trip for the whole month of June and we are more than excited! :)
Nice rig. share more pics. Overlanding all of June? I'm jealous. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

lis-a-lux

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bucca QLD Australia
Member #

Hello all,
As many new member to this wonderful site, I have been lurking around for a while. Well I finally pulled the trigger on joining (obviously), and then proceeded to have the worst week ever. First thing in the morning Monday, I had a piece of swarf (turning, chip, etc.) catch my left hand, cutting my middle finger to the bone, and left the pointer and ring with some good lacerations. The worst part is that i was going to have a long weekend, and i was hoping to get out hills for my first test run of the year. Oh well, i will always have more weekends to go and explore, maybe I will just run a few day trips with my wife. Hope to see you all out there.
Lukebags
bugger:openmouth: and welcome.

Reactions: Guillermo Herrera

Traveler I

Hi I am Guillermo Herrera, forgive me for my English.

I from venezuelan and i emigrated to Ecuador
My car is a land cruiser fzj 80 1993
Engine 4500 cc and carburetor.
Transmission is manual not automatics.
This truck it was my father's, therefore has family history.
My truck still in Venezuela in my family's house , waiting for my return in a country free of the dictatorship chavista, I don't sell it because i think I am going to go back and tour my country

Please support my country that is going through a very bad situation, military repression and end affects all of America, although they do not fell this way.

"Billions of voices from many countries is more millions voices a single country"

Overland ON

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, ON
First Name
Enrique
Last Name
Vivas
Member #

My truck still in Venezuela in my family's house , waiting for my return in a country free of the dictatorship chavista, I don't sell it because i think I am going to go back and tour my country

Please support my country that is going through a very bad situation, military repression and end affects all of America, although they do not fell this way.

"Billions of voices from many countries is more millions voices a single country"
Bienvenido al grupo!!! / welcome to the group!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

BAJAJULIO

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

32.0546665,-116.8793335
Member #

Saludos desde TIJUANA, Baja California. Buena idea..No lo vendas. Ya fuiste a la Cascada "Angel falls" no se como se llama en Espanol. Don't sell.....have you been to Angels Fall.......Want to go.....never been to Venezuela.Cheers from BAJA.

OverlanDalis

Rank 0

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

1) Picture! IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_0856.JPG
2) Location: residing in Las Vegas for now
3) Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited w/ Trailer RTT
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I am pretty new to Overlanding. I was in the Marines for 8 years and practically lived out of a HMMWV (Humvee) with two other guys for weeks at a time sometimes up to a month. I grew up in Idaho and outdoors was standard out there so I have been camping all my life. I am getting ready to go on a summer long excursion through the USA. I am hoping to get a nice thread going and show everyone my progress through this whole adventure. Also hoping to meet up with as many people as I can. I take criticism very well and I have a very steep learning curve ahead!

Traveler I

Saludos desde TIJUANA, Baja California. Buena idea..No lo vendas. Ya fuiste a la Cascada "Angel falls" no se como se llama en Espanol. Don't sell.....have you been to Angels Fall.......Want to go.....never been to Venezuela.Cheers from BAJA.
Saludos

Se llama Salto Angel y no se puede llegar en rústico o no se debe, ya que el daño producido es permanente, se encuentra en el tepuy Auyantepuy en el parque nacional Canima, yo fui pequeño con mis padres, pero tengo recuerdos muy vagos y recientemente fui a La Gran Sabana que está el Roraima que es el Tepuy o es la meseta de formaciones geológicas más antiguas del mundo con una fauna y flora única como si se hubiera quedado en la prehistoria y la compartimos con Brasil y Guyana

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk