Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello overlanders,
My name is Dave, I'm from Western Australia, my rig is a 2012 Volkswagen Amarok with a lot of mods, I have owned it since new and the first time it went off road was the day I picked it up from the dealership.
Prior to that I have had 2 Toyota Hiluxes, and a 120 series Toyota Prado.
All of my off road driving has been done here in Australia, plenty of sand, rock and mud.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

The closest Regional Director that can help you out is @Luis Merlo

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
  1. Region: Northern San Diego county
  2. Rig: 2006, Toyota, Tacoma
  3. Overlanding Experience Background: Beginner but, I have spent my entire childhood camping. I am 17 and enjoy camping and off roading.View attachment 88580

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

Your Regional Director is @Narbob

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!

Still checking out the forum and all the info. I have an '07 Jeep Commander 4x4 4.7/V8 (Chip). Def. a novice but still figuring it all out before I [finish the renovations and] start full time living in the camper (Burrito) I got a 'lil bit ago. I travel for work so I am all over the place - I move at most every three months. Currently out in Iowa until summer. Looking forward to the adventures ahead. :grin:View attachment 88405

Overland Bound Meetups

You are currently in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: Ebony M

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined, ready to take the kids across the country.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
As you travel across the country dont hesitate to reach out to local members.

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sup y'all. New to these parts and wanted to say hello. Looking forward to meeting you out on trail(s) :)

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just introducing myself. I'm excited to get to know some other people who share my enthusiasm for the outdoors.

Driving a 2017 TRD Pro (Cement color) that I picked up last month. So I'm just getting started on my build. I'll post some photos once I hit the minimum post count.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

You're Member Representative in Utah is @Cendee
Overland Bound Regions!

My trailer is painted Cement, great color!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi all.
I have a 2006 dodge ram 2500hd that myself and my 14yr old son love to camp, hunt, fish, and ride the quads out of and off of. I am from the great state of New York. I have been out of doors my whole life but due to some health problems i have been relagated to car camping. But darn it i will get fixed and lose the wate so can do all the stuff i used to.
As a fellow New Yorker...
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Gavin, I'm looking to get more knowledge about overlanding by experiencing it myself and through the company of others.
Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Patriot Latitude
Overland Experience: Novice/Amateur
Welcome to Overland Bound
The Reno Meet-up group is awesome, give them a try and hopefully we will meet on the trail someday.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, Im Nick from Bernardston MA. I picked up my 2011 crewmax rock warrior tundra back in November and I've had a blast finally exploring the local trails around western MA. I'm in the process of getting to a point where I'd be comfortable on intermediate trails without damaging the truck. I have Lower control arm skids that I'm waiting to install and have plans for 35X12.5X17 ko2's, a plate bumper with better clearance, rock sliders, and full skids for the trans, transfer case, gas tank, and rear diff. When will I have the money for those? Probably not until late summer, but until then I like to go out and travel some easy trails. I've always loved camping out in the some random part of the woods and me and a couple friends usually go hike out to a spot to set up our hammocks but they'd rather hike because we don't know a lot of trails out here. Its my hope that by coming to this forum I can meet like minded people who can show me the ropes and maybe a few trails :wink:. I finally had the pleasure to meet another forum member from a tundra forum and It made me really happy to get in touch with another enthusiast. I hope to meet a lot of new people and travel to new places:smiley:

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hello overlanders,
My name is Dave, I'm from Western Australia, my rig is a 2012 Volkswagen Amarok with a lot of mods, I have owned it since new and the first time it went off road was the day I picked it up from the dealership.
Prior to that I have had 2 Toyota Hiluxes, and a 120 series Toyota Prado.
All of my off road driving has been done here in Australia, plenty of sand, rock and mud.
Awesome looking rig Dave. Welcome to the group!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Folks, someone at work told me about this forum today, so I'm here to check it out.

My last few overland trips have been split between my Toyota and my Volvo wagon:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! New to this fancy forum thing and new to overlanding. I just purchased my 2000 limited 4Runner and can’t wait to start dumping every dime I can into it! My brother in-law (he’s a Jeep guy) and I will be hitting some trails in north Georgia this summer.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Morning/afternoon everyone! I’m Chris #16638, and this is my second venture into the offroad scene, but first into the overland world. I’ve been mostly involved in sports cars/imports most of my life so I’m quite familiar with doing all my own wrenching.

My current rig is an 04 Lexus GX470 that has had quite a bit of time/money/effort thrown at it and hopefully it shows.

I’m from the Menifee, CA area but you will likely see me in both Riverside/San Diego Counties! I’m really looking forward to getting involved with the community and seeing how far I can delve into the overland community.

There are lots of meet-ups in SoCal check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Brian. I'm not new to four wheeling, but new to overlanding. I've owned several Broncos and a Nissan D10 for mostly trail riding in Florida. I came across some overlanding videos on youtube and it got me really excited about exploring out west. I'm looking to learn about all the tricks and nuances of overlanding and hopefully head out west for an adventure. Looking forward to exploring the forums!

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well, I joined and it's time to introduce myself... and test out the forum. I am certainly a "novice", I have only owned two 4x4 vehicles, both icons. I previously had a Mercedes G500 Gelandewagen, which proved too unreliable to own. I've moved on to a 2018 Toyota 4Runner. Contrary to most on the forum here, I am sure, mine is a Limited. It will do 90% duty on-road, and therefore Limited. The permanent 4WD is key in WI. I plan to take it on some off-road trails, and some camping as soon as possible, so anyone in the area please by all means reach out. I will also be taking a trip or two west this year, likely Glacier National Park and Colorado. I already have a TMT rack in the garage waiting to install, as well as a James Baroud Voyager RTT. The forum will not allow me to add a link to the photos of the T4R until I have posted more, so... there's that. I guess next post?

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, New here. Looking to build my 18 Ram 2500 and learn new things. Interested in buying an Xventure Trailer too lol.

There are lots of meet-ups in SoCal check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I’m Omar I’m looking to get back into camping and outdoors still trying to figure out how good an option it is to use my current rig, I look forward to get more knowledge and tips from y’all!!

Rig: 2015 Silverado 3500HD
Experience: intermediate

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name is Clay and I'm in Lexington, KY. My wife and I have been in to Jeeps for awhile (2006 LJ Rubicon and 2018 JLU Rubicon) and this past year I've taken a dive into the Land Cruiser World. Currently I have two 1985 FJ60s and was planning to build one out for Overlanding but recently picked up a 1997 LX450 that will go through some restoration and be our Overlanding setup. I did a lot of backpacking and outdoor activities with Scouts growing up and now with two young children we're looking forward to traveling with them in the outdoors.

View attachment 88113View attachment 88114View attachment 88115

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello There!

I'm Casey Craven, I live in Western NC, USA. I have a 2007 FJ Cruiser. Most (essentially all) of my "overland" experience involved me living out of an LAV 25 for 4 years. I've been more into rocks since I got this FJC, but I want to branch out.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

As for being into the rocks, don't worry lots of us a reformed crawlers we just take the smother route now when possible.

jishman1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Ludlow, PA, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ishman
Member #

Hello, I’m Jared. Just joined and excited to start hitting some trails. Just recently purchased my 5th Gen 4Runner and can’t wait to see how it does. I’m definitely not new to the offroad scene, but discovered the world of overlanding and it’s right up my alley. I am from NW Pennsylvania but plan to make some trips all over to see the country. But, I am definitely not opposed to some trips in my home state.