Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland bound!

I'm Frank, total novice when it comes to overlanding. Currently driving a 2016 Nissan Frontier that's pretty much bone stock. Been lurking around here for a few days, and figured I'd take the plunge and join.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone here and a massive big up to the founder of OB and its unique state of mind. Writing those lines from Biarritz, France. A gorgeous area by the atlantic ocean and the Pyrenees mountains, where i love to ride solo on my old 1984 XT Tenere bike, or with my family in my Jeep Wrangler YJ for what we call our little great adventures. Exploring, learning, discovering. This is all about Mother Nature and jaw-dropping sceneries, and feeling part of it. Cheers everyone ! (can't wait to receive my emblems)

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director @Polaris Overland

Reactions: 76_overlander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Finally joined. Matt Thomas from Alberta, Canada. First Toyota was a 99 Tacoma. Currently own 2nd Gen 2012 Tacoma, 82 BJ42 and coming over from Japan, a 96 VX Limited HDJ81V.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director @Winterpeg

Reactions: tacomatt76

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone I'm Phil
1. Milwaukee WI
2. Pretty new to actual overlanding but have been doing research for years
3. Vehicle will be a new 2019 ford ranger, when I can get it.
4. Any first time pointers would be great Thanks!!

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

kevin_j

Rank 0

Traveler I

HI!!

So although I've been lurking on Overland Bound for a pretty long time, we never introduced ourselves. We're fulltime overlanders spending most of our time in the Western U.S. We're desert people in the winter and mountains in the summer. We live in a Black Series HQ15 with our dog. My wife drives a heavily modified 2006 4-Runner and I pull the trailer with a modified 1998 Land Cruiser. We try to get out as deep as we can and stay for at least two weeks if possible. Although sometimes we just hang out with other nomads on BLM spots or for gatherings like the RTR. Thanks for having such a welcoming place! The sprit of this forum is what really makes it special!

Roam Bearded

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Ogden, Utah 84403, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Cramer
Member #

Checking in from Loveland CO here. Used to wheel in a CJ7 years ago then tried on the self contained tow behind. It's time to lose that brick on wheels, get back to my roots and build out the Ram 1500 for a more simplistic approach to enjoying Mother Nature. Planning for a bed rack with RTT, awning and eventually an AEV 4" lift sitting on 35's.

I'm excited to be a part of this community!

SashaLee

Rank IV
Launch Member
Investor

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA 90815, USA
First Name
Sasha
Last Name
Kanno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BZX
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
Excited to be here.

Long Beach, Ca
Lexus GX470 - 2007
Minor mods. Front Runner roof rack, Nitto 33's, Dobinsons 2.5" lift but other than that stock.

I've 4x4 and camped my whole life but new to overlanding. We bought this rig in the summer of 2018 and are slowly outfitting and getting out farther and farther. I'm here to gain knowledge about my rig and gear.

Thanks so much!

Scott Loeser

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Shelton, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Loeser
Member #

Hello everyone, Scott here from Seattle. I'm new to overloading with my only experience with anything mud and dirt is from ATV'n. 2018 was a good Christmas since that's when we bought our 2018 4Runner TRD Pro. I recently saw a post on IG with a big burly guy holding a STIHL chainsaw, the caption said, "If you have a beard and you can't, fell a log, butcher a deer, build a fire, sharpen a chainsaw, fire a gun or drive a truck; It's time to shave!" What I'm getting at is that I bought the rig, slowly outfitting it so it's time to get out and use it. Looking forward to what Overland Bound Seattle area has for adventures.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
1) Picture: Hopefully it is attached!
2) Location: Fort Mill, SC
3) Rig: Stock Silver 2016 4Runner Trail
4) Overlanding Experience Background: NOOB other than watching X Overland and Lifestyle Overland( which I just stumbled across a couple days ago!)

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Reactions: Jeepinit

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone, Scott here from Seattle. I'm new to overloading with my only experience with anything mud and dirt is from ATV'n. 2018 was a good Christmas since that's when we bought our 2018 4Runner TRD Pro. I recently saw a post on IG with a big burly guy holding a STIHL chainsaw, the caption said, "If you have a beard and you can't, fell a log, butcher a deer, build a fire, sharpen a chainsaw, fire a gun or drive a truck; It's time to shave!" What I'm getting at is that I bought the rig, slowly outfitting it so it's time to get out and use it. Looking forward to what Overland Bound Seattle area has for adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound @Scott Loeser! The PNW has a great deal to offer to anyone interested in overlanding, and Seattle is a perfect launching point for a lot of it. Plus, the Overland Bound community up here is incredible!

I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. In fact, there is an event occurring this coming Saturday at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle [link]. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi everyone here and a massive big up to the founder of OB and its unique state of mind. Writing those lines from Biarritz, France. A gorgeous area by the atlantic ocean and the Pyrenees mountains, where i love to ride solo on my old 1984 XT Tenere bike, or with my family in my Jeep Wrangler YJ for what we call our little great adventures. Exploring, learning, discovering. This is all about Mother Nature and jaw-dropping sceneries, and feeling part of it. Cheers everyone ! (can't wait to receive my emblems)
Welcome Angus, look forward to chatting and catching up with your travels. I must admit very jealous you have the Pyrenees to play in, hopefully a few of us will get across meet up for a Pyrenees trip sometime in the future. We enjoyed a short visit in 2017 when we did our Big Trip.

If you need any information or want to pass on any ideas please do not hesitate to give me a shout. This is our community so please get involved.

Regards
Dave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI!!

So although I've been lurking on Overland Bound for a pretty long time, we never introduced ourselves. We're fulltime overlanders spending most of our time in the Western U.S. We're desert people in the winter and mountains in the summer. We live in a Black Series HQ15 with our dog. My wife drives a heavily modified 2006 4-Runner and I pull the trailer with a modified 1998 Land Cruiser. We try to get out as deep as we can and stay for at least two weeks if possible. Although sometimes we just hang out with other nomads on BLM spots or for gatherings like the RTR. Thanks for having such a welcoming place! The sprit of this forum is what really makes it special!

Since your on the road full time you might want to check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members throughout the regions.

Also if you need help in a specific area or have questions message the local Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all, I guess introductions are in order.

Rig: 2002 Volvo V70XC Ocean Race
Experience: Aside from trail riding and mud slinging in the pine forests and swamps of Florida, none.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: B Mayfield