Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Radknightranger

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Chicago, IL
Member #

Greetings from a new member. I’m in the process of modifying a 2018 4Runner TRD ORP (white) to my perfect Overlander. Experienced car camper with modest off-roading experience but I consider myself a newbie at overlanding and am looking to learn how to live/camp out of the 4runner for a week without lugging a houseful of gear every time. I’m based in San Diego. Looking forward to being part of this great forum.
Nice Rig! How's the weather in San Diego? Welcome.

ak12

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Clara, CA
Member #

1) Bay Area, CA
2) 2017 Toyota Highlander AWD
3) Novice. Love hiking, exploring and being outdoors. Still waiting for my first _real_ Overlanding experience, but exploring the lifestyle through OB forums and learning as I go. Happy to chat and meet up with locals in the Bay Area.

- Akshay

Reactions: Burque Outbound

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

1) Bay Area, CA
3) Novice. Love hiking, exploring and being outdoors. Still waiting for my first _real_ Overlanding experience, but exploring the lifestyle through OB forums and learning as I go. Happy to chat and meet up with locals in the Bay Area.

- Akshay
Hi Akshay and welcome to OB! Nice looking Highlander! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: ak12

J&K4ADV

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello from J&K. We are from Alaska. We own a tiny house in Quartzsite Az as well. We spend our winters traveling and our summer making enough money to support or winter trips. We look forward to meeting other like minded adventure seekers.
We own a 2002 E350 sportsmobile, 2012 Jeep Jk, and BMW GS motorcycles..

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from J&K. We are from Alaska. We own a tiny house in Quartzsite Az as well. We spend our winters traveling and our summer making enough money to support or winter trips. We look forward to meeting other like minded adventure seekers.
Hi J&K4ADV and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Kizer

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all just signed up and figuring out the site. A little about me. I live in the Midwest (Illinois)and drive a 75th Anniversary Jeep JKU. I do not consider myself a novice in overlanding justalways called it different names. I have participated in a Jeep Jamborees and continue to do so. I discovered this group by accident and I was immediately intrigued so Insigned up. Now how do I get a number? LOL. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all just signed up and figuring out the site. A little about me. I live in the Midwest (Illinois)and drive a 75th Anniversary Jeep JKU. I do not consider myself a novice in overlanding justalways called it different names. I have participated in a Jeep Jamborees and continue to do so. I discovered this group by accident and I was immediately intrigued so Insigned up. Now how do I get a number? LOL. Hope to meet some of you soon.
Hi Kizer and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

KSTrekker

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lenexa, KS
Member #

Hey, I'm headed to Flagstaff for my first time from Tennessee. Bought my ticket at midnight. 27 years of big city firefighting here. Hoping to find a few easier trails to explore while I'm out there.
I hope to see you there! We will probably hunt up a few gentle trails when we are there. Schnebly Hill Road is always a good one, very scenic.

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hello J&K4ADV for Indiana and welcome!

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

1) Bay Area, CA

- Akshay
Welcome AK12 glad your with us!

Reactions: ak12

ELY-9999

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Parker, AZ, USA
First Name
ELIYAHU
Last Name
YHWH
Member #

Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to join up with you all :)

A quick question: What form of communication do you all prefer for phone app and Social Media access?

I am Retired and just sick of my stagnant life. Time to build a fire under my bottom and seek out some adventure. I never have like the flat land, but much prefer places less accessible. Where a bit of a challenge with a certain amount of risk might be involved. The black stripped ribbon of straight hiway puts me to sleep and that just isn't what I call adventure. I want to get up in the hills and do a little prospecting for gems and precious metals, more of a hobby than a get rich scheme :)

My last rig was purely a flatlander and since it blew up I now have many options open. I currently have a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 intercooled turbo diesel, 5-speed and 4x4. But it needs lots of work like a complete engine rebuild and new clutch. I have it listed For Sale as is and am trying to get the funds together for a 1999 Toyota 4Runner Highlander with 5-speed and rear E-Locker. I found one and just selling a few older projects to make enough to close that deal.

Got my 1999 SR5 seeit in new shoes below:

Glad to be part of such an amazing group, let me know if I can be of service :)
Large Shop near Hugo, OK 74743

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to join up with you all :)

A quick question: What form of communication do you all prefer for phone app and Social Media access?

I am Retired and just sick of my stagnant life. Time to build a fire under my bottom and seek out some adventure. I never have like the flat land, but much prefer places less accessible. Where a bit of a challenge with a certain amount of risk might be involved. The black stripped ribbon of straight hiway puts me to sleep and that just isn't what I call adventure. I want to get up in the hills and do a little prospecting for gems and precious metals, more of a hobby than a get rich scheme :)

My last rig was purely a flatlander and since it blew up I now have many options open. I currently have a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 intercooled turbo diesel, 5-speed and 4x4. But it needs lots of work like a complete engine rebuild and new clutch. I have it listed For Sale as is and am trying to get the funds together for a 1999 Toyota 4Runner Highlander with 5-speed and rear E-Locker. I found one and just selling a few older projects to make enough to close that deal.

Glad to be part of such an amazing group, let me know if I can be of service :)
Large Shop near Hugo, OK 74743
Hi Eliyahu YHWH and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!