Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New here but have been apart of other groups for a year now, some of you may know me
Names Juli, I'm new to this overland stuff, was originally a Honda girl, but when I got my current rig it all changed.
Live in Washington, but I'm from Arizona, I've also recently lived in Oregon.
Been to Cali, Nevada, Utah and Idaho all in the last year with my rig, can you guess how many miles I put on him since buying in December of 2016!?
I'll give you a hint its over 30k! Yup, I drive ALOT!

Ah I guess I should tell you about my rig, hes a basically stock 2012 FJ Cruiser.
He does have a OME 2.5 inch lift, and a couple lights, but thats about it.

Follow my IG from lots of content!
https://www.instagram.com/love4fj

Feel free to message me, I'm super friendly and love talking to new people!

Hi Juli...we're neighbors...on the east side of Washington ...welcome to the OB crew. Glad to add another Toy to the group..nice FJ..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

love4fj

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi Juli...we're neighbors...on the east side of Washington ...welcome to the OB crew. Glad to add another Toy to the group..nice FJ..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Hey nice to meet you to! You apart of any facebook groups? I know a few groups we do alot of camp trips and wheeling!

Reactions: Chadlyb

elm

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hi there
My name is Eric #8472. I leave in McLean Va and just recently switched from a bmw X5 to a much more off-road worthy 4Runner TRD pro. I am not totally new to off~roading having used rental vehicle (do not tell Hertz) to visit some not so paved roads in Utah, Arizona, Colorado and California. Some of the staircases in the Maze district were not so easy with Qx56 (might as well do it in style). Anyway I joined the group to learn from more seasoned drivers and discover the tracks available to us on the east coast. Before getting into tough roads, i will have to do some upgrades to the new vehicle. Note that this is my daily ride. I am not there into converting it into a full overland rig :)
And hope to find help/advise here as well.
Regards,
Eric

Reactions: Chadlyb and m3lspec

KaizerWilhelm

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

Hey y'all,
I'm Will, #8453 in Seattle, WA. I picked up a new Toyota Tacoma Off Road this year and have started exploring the mountain ranges within a few hours drive. I'm relatively new to off-roading but am eager to learn and build my Taco into a part time overlander/part time daily driver.
Looking forward to getting out on the trails with y'all.
Will

Jonathon

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Marlow, OK, USA
First Name
Jonathon
Last Name
Magnus
Hi everyone,
New member here. Currently driving a 2006 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I am in Phoenix Az.
My name is Jonathon. I am new to off reading with my own vehicle. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the outdoors.
Safe travels,
Jonathon

Attachments

m3lspec

Rank 0

Traveler I

RIG.png Howzit everyone! New member here currently residing in San Diego. Just sold my "race car" to pick up my first rig (98 4runner). Fairly new to the overlanding scene-- but always had an interest in getting outdoors and exploring. Aside from my rig for exploration-- I also mountain bike to get my outdoors/adventure fix.

Hope to join the fellow overlanders on future adventures and meet some of you.

Mahalo,
MEL

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi there
My name is Eric #8472. I leave in McLean Va and just recently switched from a bmw X5 to a much more off-road worthy 4Runner TRD pro. I am not totally new to off~roading having used rental vehicle (do not tell Hertz) to visit some not so paved roads in Utah, Arizona, Colorado and California. Some of the staircases in the Maze district were not so easy with Qx56 (might as well do it in style). Anyway I joined the group to learn from more seasoned drivers and discover the tracks available to us on the east coast. Before getting into tough roads, i will have to do some upgrades to the new vehicle. Note that this is my daily ride. I am not there into converting it into a full overland rig :)
And hope to find help/advise here as well.
Regards,
Eric
Hello Eric and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey y'all,
I'm Will, #8453 in Seattle, WA. I picked up a new Toyota Tacoma Off Road this year and have started exploring the mountain ranges within a few hours drive. I'm relatively new to off-roading but am eager to learn and build my Taco into a part time overlander/part time daily driver.
Looking forward to getting out on the trails with y'all.
Will
Hello Will, we are neighbors...great rig for an adventure platform..always happy to add another Toy to the group...get over to the east side just reach out and I'll show you around...

Reactions: KaizerWilhelm

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone,
New member here. Currently driving a 2006 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I am in Phoenix Az.
My name is Jonathon. I am new to off reading with my own vehicle. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the outdoors.
Safe travels,
Jonathon
Hello Jonathon and welcome to the OB crew..great Jeep and can't wait to see your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Howzit everyone! New member here currently residing in San Diego. Just sold my "race car" to pick up my first rig (98 4runner). Fairly new to the overlanding scene-- but always had an interest in getting outdoors and exploring. Aside from my rig for exploration-- I also mountain bike to get my outdoors/adventure fix.

Hope to join the fellow overlanders on future adventures and meet some of you.

Mahalo,
MEL
Hello Mel and welcome to the OB crew..great to add another Toy to the group...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New Member Chris from Richmond, VA

I have a 2012 Toyota 4Runner. It has a 2.5" lift Toyo Open Country ATII Tires with 2017 TRD Trail Premium wheels. Tyger rocker guards. Rola 64" roof rack. Rago ditch brackets with Freedom LED's. Full LED headlights and fog lights. Raingler cargo net in the trunk. Truck has factory ACTIVTRAC and DAC mode. Many more mods planned in the future.

I have always been into the outdoors either on 4 wheeler s, riding bikes, hunting, etc. I recently trade din my Silverado in on my 4 runner and quickly started researching what kind of mods are out there for them. In my research i discovered over-landing and was very intrigued by it. I am a newbie at over-landing but have spent my entire life off-roading. I am hoping to combine the two and create a new hobby for my wife and I. Thanks for having me!View attachment 38569
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi!
New here.
Located in toronto Ontario Canada.

I drive a 2007 Toyota fj. Have put a 2 inch lift on it with 285 duratracks. Build a folding bed in the back, great for camping!
Have mainly been exploring in the past on a dual sport motorcycle. But the fj can haul much more and the wife can finally come.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi Stephen and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Welcome Stephen to the over-landing community, I am also new here, badge number 8335.

Current Vehicle: Stock 1999 4runner Limited w/locker - have some big plans for her
Overland Experience: Novice. Fairly new to this, this isn't my first rig, but haven't been on many trips. Yet!!!
Hi EzDay and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello All! We are located on the Kansas/MO boarder.

our Rig is a 2014 Silverado 4x4 and a 2016 Four Wheel Hawk Shell camper. truck has a flowmaster dual exhaust with K&N cold air intake, getting ready to install a 2.5 inch level/lift with BFG ko2's.

as for Overlanding we have been camping for many years in the wild but are now getting back into 4-wheel drive and really get into the back country.........as far and high as me can : ) ......
Hi Lakefan2015 and welcome to OB! Nice looking Silverado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

SchmidtSoCal #8488

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Knoxville area
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6PZN
Service Branch
USN

1) Pic linked above
2) SoCal San Diego area
3) 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (JKU)
4) Overlanding Experience is very minimal. I've taken short trips here and there and each time my 'Overland Checklist' keeps growing. Someday my wallet will catch-up with my overland wishlist!
I'm taking the Mojave Trail this weekend with my local group of off roaders. Gonna be a blast driving over 150 miles through the desert without pavement!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone! New member here from the Phoenix, Arizona area. My current rig is a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado crew cab Z71 4x4. I like to get out and camp and go off roading and wanted to get in to over landing too. My kids love being outside so I figured having more resources and friends to go explore the outdoors with. With that being said as far as over landing I guess I'd be considered a novice.

Current rig:

All accessories have been installed by me in my garage. 2 in. lift, go rhino grille guard and steps, 12k winch in a behind the bumper mount, tail light guards, tow mirrors, fender flares, uniden CB, and Wilson antenna. I plan to build a roof rack in the future too as a spot to mount more lights and for small storage.

I am also working on my future over landing rig, 1978 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4x4

I look forward to meeting new friends and discovering new places to explore.
Hi AJoslin and welcome to OB! Nice looking Silverado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: AJoslin

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey I'm John! Proud owner of a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, all mods have been done myself except for anything welded. I Live in the Pacific Northwest (Washington State) and look forward to meeting everyone.

My overland inspiration started with Expedition Overland on YouTube a few years back and ever since then I've been slowly building up my rig.

Thank you for having me!
Hi John and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys!

New member here.
Im in the SF Bay Area.
After traveling around the Americas for 3 years in anything but my own vehicle, I am finally home and I am itching to find a way to explore this great country of ours.
I've spent my whole live car camping, hiking and all that jazz. Overlanding seems to be the natural progression for a never-ending adventure.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

-Oscar
Hi Oscar and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello there,

My name is Ignacio, I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma... my rig is 2017 Toyota 4Runner... I have some experience back in my country Venezuela... I have been in Oklahoma 5 years now and looking for new experiences outdoors with the kids and wife!! Looking forward to meeting new people.

Ignacio
Hi Ignacio and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!