Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Corey Carrico

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Highlands Ranch CO
Member #

Hi, I recently joined and am looking forward to learning from and contributing to the group!

Corey Carrico from Highlands Ranch, CO.
I drive a 2015 Wrangler with a 2.5" lift and tow a Hiker off-road trailer with RTT.
I typically get out camping and exploring with my wife and two kids and also enjoy mountain biking, fly fishing, photography, and off-roading.
I have been off-roading for a few years, camping for a lifetime, and just started combining the two just the last couple years now.

Reactions: Chadlyb and GHQ1

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, I recently joined and am looking forward to learning from and contributing to the group!

I drive a 2015 Wrangler with a 2.5" lift and tow a Hiker off-road trailer with RTT.
I typically get out camping and exploring with my wife and two kids and also enjoy mountain biking, fly fishing, photography, and off-roading.
I have been off-roading for a few years and camping for a lifetime and just started combining the two just the last couple years now.
Hi Corey and welcome to OB! Nice looking Wrangler and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Corey Carrico

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I have been off-roading for a few years, camping for a lifetime, and just started combining the two just the last couple years now.
Hello Corey and welcome to the OB crew..great rig and set up...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Reactions: Corey Carrico
Ben Sampson
Currently Montreal Canada until December when the family and I pack up and head to Edmonton Alberta! Best time of year I hear.....
Current Vehicle - 2016 Acura MDX (Wife's rig and will under no circumstances be used for overlanding)
December Vehicle 2013-2015 JKUR (hard rock if possible)
Literally no overlanding experience - Super novice (grew up 4 wheeling on Vancouver Island, so not a novice to vehicle rescues)

I have got the bug though and will be looking for young families to head out and explore the overland routs in Alberta and BC next year!

Reactions: GHQ1 and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Ben Sampson
Currently Montreal Canada until December when the family and I pack up and head to Edmonton Alberta! Best time of year I hear.....
Current Vehicle - 2016 Acura MDX (Wife's rig and will under no circumstances be used for overlanding)
Literally no overlanding experience - Super novice (grew up 4 wheeling on Vancouver Island, so not a novice to vehicle rescues)

I have got the bug though and will be looking for young families to head out and explore the overland routs in Alberta and BC next year!
Hello Ben and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your adventures

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hello! Excited to join the community. Just getting started in Overlanding. Rig is 2013 Jeep JK U Moab , slowly working on the build. I am sure to learn a lot here!
We're neighbors! Slowly building as well, and looking for like-minded overlanders. Welcome to OB! Let's link up.

Philip Brown

Rank 0

Traveler I

Arizona
My name is Philip Brown. I live in southern arizona, near the Mexican Border.

I have always loved exploring and camping, as a kid I would take my old truck out in the mountains in New Mexico and camp, just me and my dog. But life, jobs, kids, you name it, and a long time later I decided I missed it enough to start again.

I own a 2nd gen 4runner that'll be my overland rig, but I'm taking things slow and easy as my wife isn't 100% on board just yet.

I do have some experience from my military time living out of a vehicle and making cat holes for weeks on end...but I'm a rookie otherwise.

I found this place through youtube and love the philosophy.

Thanks for having me!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I have always loved exploring and camping, as a kid I would take my old truck out in the mountains in New Mexico and camp, just me and my dog. But life, jobs, kids, you name it, and a long time later I decided I missed it enough to start again.

I own a 2nd gen 4runner that'll be my overland rig, but I'm taking things slow and easy as my wife isn't 100% on board just yet.

I do have some experience from my military time living out of a vehicle and making cat holes for weeks on end...but I'm a rookie otherwise.

Thanks for having me!
Hello Philip and welcome to the OB crew..thank you for your service and sacrifice..always room for another Toy in the group...look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Philip Brown

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Greetings from the Great Lakes State!

My name is Andy Grow...a retired Coast Guard Chief, now an engineering compliance manager for a yacht manufacturer here in SouthWest Michigan.

I spent 14 years in Alaska, and during that time I was fortunate to be able to travel to the far reaches of the Arctic...all over Alaska, the Yukon and Northwest Territories by Jeep, motorcycle and 2wd Ural. I love backpacking, camping, hiking, fly fishing, hunting, trapping, and just generally spending time outdoors with my wife and my 2 sons.

I don't currently have a rig, but am shopping (SW Michigan peeps - hook me up!) for a pre-'01 Cherokee for a daily driver and weekend/vacation warrior. Have owned 4 Jeeps in the past, as well as 2 Land Cruisers and I miss ALL of them.

Looking forward to meeting others in my area!IMG_8490.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Andy Grow...a retired Coast Guard Chief, now an engineering compliance manager for a yacht manufacturer here in SouthWest Michigan.

I spent 14 years in Alaska, and during that time I was fortunate to be able to travel to the far reaches of the Arctic...all over Alaska, the Yukon and Northwest Territories by Jeep, motorcycle and 2wd Ural. I love backpacking, camping, hiking, fly fishing, hunting, trapping, and just generally spending time outdoors with my wife and my 2 sons.

I don't currently have a rig, but am shopping (SW Michigan peeps - hook me up!) for a pre-'01 Cherokee for a daily driver and weekend/vacation warrior. Have owned 4 Jeeps in the past, as well as 2 Land Cruisers and I miss ALL of them.

Looking forward to meeting others in my area!View attachment 38470
Hello Andy and welcome to the OB crew..thank you for your service and sacrifice..great pic of the bike..look forward to seeing your adventures

Andy G

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Hello

Lets see...

Location everywhere! I move a lot, in fact, I've moved over thirty times in the twenty-eight years I've been alive.

Mostly lived on the NE coast of the US.
I currently reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I've started living out of my truck this summer and honestly... I can't think of a good reason to ever go back! I'm loving the freedom and lack of chains!

Oh right, my rig is:
2008 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

It's still completely stock but as soon as I can put the money together its getting the full overhaul, lift, tires, roof rack, steel bumpers, winch, and all.

Michigan is a very boring, flat, and uninspiring place to hike. If anyone knows any good overlanding spots feel free to let me know!

I'm heading over to Colorado to overland the rockies if I can manage to make the move this coming summer!

Thanks for having me. :)
Have you traveled to the U.P. yet? While there's no 14000' peaks, there's plenty of elevation change up there!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Ben Sampson

Hi Ben and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks for having me!
Hi Philip and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Looking forward to meeting others in my area!View attachment 38470
Hi Andy and welcome to OB! Good choice of rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!