Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I just realized that though I've been a member for a while, I never posted here.

I'm Dave, my family and I are avid outdoors folks, wherever and however we can partake. Sometimes that's a nice Saturday night around our fire pit in the yard, other times were out camping and exploring in the Cruiser. We've got a 1994 FZJ80, we've been tearing around in her for years, but we only recently really changed much from stock.ill put together a build thread in the next few weeks. image.jpeg

I've got four kids, bookend girls, and boys in the middle, the oldest girl being 15. They still like camping, fishing, exploring, and hiking. We try not limit ourselves to just backwoods exploring, we enjoy road tripping and urban excursions as well. We're all into hockey (Go Stars!) my kids play Lacrosse, we bicycle avidly, and we're all geeks, gamers, and Dr Who fans. .

I'm a career Soldier, I've been an Airborne Infantryman for the last 22 years, and I imagine I'll do another 5 or so before I punch out fully. I'm looking forward to that next chapter of life, but I still love the Army.

We look forward to meeting up with anyone else in Central Texas, were active in the local Landcruiser scene, and a few other groups. We go to South Padre pretty much every year, camp and fish at Pedernales, and we get up to the DFW area pretty often, so drop a line.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello All,
New member here currently hanging my hat in Woodstock, GA.
I own a 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE. Pretty much stock, but I did put 32" BFG A/T's on it, and use a set of Johnson Rods to give it a 2.5" lift when off roading. Being a tight wad, I welded my own safari rack (which was a pain, but am happy with the results).
My overlanding experience is probably pretty slim, however I've been car-camping a few times a year pretty consistently for over 40 years. Have backpack camped maybe twenty times in the last 20 years, hand have been studying "bushcrafting" pretty ambitiously for the last 5 years.

I love getting out in nature, sometimes the further, the better. I see overlanding as a great way of getting further, and being able to take my girls with me (wife and two daughters).

I look forward to reading more, learning more and sharing experiences with you all.

Thanks,
Brent
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Brentski

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone. My name is Alex. I have a 2013 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4. I'm a novice when it comes to Overlanding. Always been an outdoors person. Love camping, Fishing and hiking. Been into photography for awhile, but haven't been able to do much. Having a newborn takes up most of my time at the moment. So I've been getting my truck ready for the adventures before us. And we are located in Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Alexander Bunyard

Uncle O

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Atlanta, Georgia
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Owen. From Tuscumbia, AL but live and work in Savannah, GA. Proud owner of a 2014 JKURX. Love adventures in the jeep. Just finished a 1 month 12K miles road trip with my father this past summer. Hit every state but 2 west of the Mississippi River. Wanted to say hello and enjoying the community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hello everyone! My wife and I are just now getting into overlanding. We are from Eastern WA, and we drive a 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. We haven't made many modifications to it yet but they are coming. We are currently novice at overlanding but we are willing to learn and just enjoy exploring whatever we can find. We are big outdoorsy people that try to get into the woods with our dogs whenever we are away from work. Glad to be a part of the group. I do have an instagram account if you want to see our adventures, just follow @pierson610View attachment 2104 View attachment 2105
Welcome to the crew!

Reactions: Pierson2214

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

1) Location: Phoenix, AZ
2) Rig 2011 FJ Cruiser OME Lift, Warrior Flat Roof Rack, Cooper AT/3 tires, Dual Ham radios and CB, RAM iPad Mount, other electronic gizmos
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced but always learning.

I found your site from a link, to a link, to a link! Ha Ha.... I have had my FJ for 3 years. Before that I had a Honda Element for 10. Once I purchased the FJ it was off to the races.

I have been to and done the following in 3 years
Overland Expo
FJ Summit
AZ Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
Utah Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
North Rim
Mohave Road
El Camino Del Diablo
7 days in Baja
Just got back from Death Valley
Countless other trips within AZ
Lots of upcoming trips

I also purchased and sold an M416 trailer and now have a large DIY trailer similar to a Turtleback Trailer. I also have a web site. 4XOverlandAdventures.com or 4XOA.com

I spend way too much time on Expedition Portal and IH8MUD. I hang out with the Copperstate Cruisers and AZFJ folks.

I'm a pilot by profession and at times it gives me the time off to do all of these trips. I would love to quit my job and drive from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego (Been there by air)

Every trip is a learning experience and I don't claim to know it all.

Here's my setup less the new Warrior Roof Rack.

Happy Trails!
Chris
Love it. Welcome to OB.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I just realized that though I've been a member for a while, I never posted here.

I'm Dave, my family and I are avid outdoors folks, wherever and however we can partake. Sometimes that's a nice Saturday night around our fire pit in the yard, other times were out camping and exploring in the Cruiser. We've got a 1994 FZJ80, we've been tearing around in her for years, but we only recently really changed much from stock.ill put together a build thread in the next few weeks. View attachment 2176

I've got four kids, bookend girls, and boys in the middle, the oldest girl being 15. They still like camping, fishing, exploring, and hiking. We try not limit ourselves to just backwoods exploring, we enjoy road tripping and urban excursions as well. We're all into hockey (Go Stars!) my kids play Lacrosse, we bicycle avidly, and we're all geeks, gamers, and Dr Who fans. .

I'm a career Soldier, I've been an Airborne Infantryman for the last 22 years, and I imagine I'll do another 5 or so before I punch out fully. I'm looking forward to that next chapter of life, but I still love the Army.

We look forward to meeting up with anyone else in Central Texas, were active in the local Landcruiser scene, and a few other groups. We go to South Padre pretty much every year, camp and fish at Pedernales, and we get up to the DFW area pretty often, so drop a line.
Saweeeet hat man...

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Welcome to the Group,
Hello everyone, my name is Owen. From Tuscumbia, AL but live and work in Savannah, GA. Proud owner of a 2014 JKURX. Love adventures in the jeep. Just finished a 1 month 12K miles road trip with my father this past summer. Hit every state but 2 west of the Mississippi River. Wanted to say hello and enjoying the community.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
View attachment 2175
Hello everyone, my name is Vito and I'm from the Murrieta, CA area. I currently drive a 1995 80 series LandCruiser outfitted for overland travel. I've been hitting the trails for about 10 years. Great site, thanks for having me.
Welcome to the Group,

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello All,
New member here currently hanging my hat in Woodstock, GA.
I own a 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE. Pretty much stock, but I did put 32" BFG A/T's on it, and use a set of Johnson Rods to give it a 2.5" lift when off roading. Being a tight wad, I welded my own safari rack (which was a pain, but am happy with the results).
My overlanding experience is probably pretty slim, however I've been car-camping a few times a year pretty consistently for over 40 years. Have backpack camped maybe twenty times in the last 20 years, hand have been studying "bushcrafting" pretty ambitiously for the last 5 years.

I love getting out in nature, sometimes the further, the better. I see overlanding as a great way of getting further, and being able to take my girls with me (wife and two daughters).

I look forward to reading more, learning more and sharing experiences with you all.

Thanks,
Brent
Welcome to the Group,

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics from your 12,000 mile trip when you can. Sounds epic.