First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
1) Location: Phoenix, AZ
2) Rig 2011 FJ Cruiser OME Lift, Warrior Flat Roof Rack, Cooper AT/3 tires, Dual Ham radios and CB, RAM iPad Mount, other electronic gizmos
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Experienced but always learning.

I found your site from a link, to a link, to a link! Ha Ha.... I have had my FJ for 3 years. Before that I had a Honda Element for 10. Once I purchased the FJ it was off to the races.

I have been to and done the following in 3 years
Overland Expo
FJ Summit
AZ Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
Utah Border to Border (Backcountry Discovery Route)
North Rim
Mohave Road
El Camino Del Diablo
7 days in Baja
Just got back from Death Valley
Countless other trips within AZ
Lots of upcoming trips

I also purchased and sold an M416 trailer and now have a large DIY trailer similar to a Turtleback Trailer. I also have a web site. 4XOverlandAdventures.com or 4XOA.com

I spend way too much time on Expedition Portal and IH8MUD. I hang out with the Copperstate Cruisers and AZFJ folks.

I'm a pilot by profession and at times it gives me the time off to do all of these trips. I would love to quit my job and drive from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego (Been there by air)

Every trip is a learning experience and I don't claim to know it all.

Here's my setup less the new Warrior Roof Rack.

Happy Trails!
Chris[/QUOTE
Nice set up! I was looking for an M416, but will have to learn more about your DIY trailer. I used to live in Phoenix. Don't miss the heat, but do miss the endless trails right outside the city. And of course, the Mogollon Rim.

Advocate II

Hey everyone I'm Craig AKA Wildland Outdoors.

Rig: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland Experience: Moderate, been camping off the beaten path since I was 16 in a Ford Tempo following jeeps around.

Wildland Outdoors is something my wife and I are beginning this year. We are going to be taking various kinds of trips, backpacking, canoeing, overlanding, etc..., and documenting them with trip reports, photos, video and gps data. I am going to be getting started soon working on my Jeep to upgrade it to function as our adventure rig.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

I'm a pilot by profession and at times it gives me the time off to do all of these trips. I would love to quit my job and drive from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego (Been there by air)
That would be quite the trip! Welcome to OB

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone I'm Craig AKA Wildland Outdoors.

Rig: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland Experience: Moderate, been camping off the beaten path since I was 16 in a Ford Tempo following jeeps around.

Wildland Outdoors is something my wife and I are beginning this year. We are going to be taking various kinds of trips, backpacking, canoeing, overlanding, etc..., and documenting them with trip reports, photos, video and gps data. I am going to be getting started soon working on my Jeep to upgrade it to function as our adventure rig.
Welcome to the forum. Start a build thread when you can. I'm always looking for inspiration for our 07' GC.

Brentski

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder Drive, Roswell, GA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Hello All,
New member here currently hanging my hat in Woodstock, GA.
I own a 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE. Pretty much stock, but I did put 32" BFG A/T's on it, and use a set of Johnson Rods to give it a 2.5" lift when off roading. Being a tight wad, I welded my own safari rack (which was a pain, but am happy with the results).
My overlanding experience is probably pretty slim, however I've been car-camping a few times a year pretty consistently for over 40 years. Have backpack camped maybe twenty times in the last 20 years, hand have been studying "bushcrafting" pretty ambitiously for the last 5 years.

I love getting out in nature, sometimes the further, the better. I see overlanding as a great way of getting further, and being able to take my girls with me (wife and two daughters).

I look forward to reading more, learning more and sharing experiences with you all.

Thanks,
Brent

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@Brentski, welcome to the forum. I've heard of the 'johnson rod' but not being a rover guy I thought it was a joke at first, turns out it's legit! And what is bushcrafting? Some British version of something we do here? :)
Anyway, enjoy your family, get out and explore!
Dan

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Reactions: Brentski

Advocate II

Bushcrafting is about thriving in the natural environment, and the acquisition of the skills and knowledge to do so. Bushcraft skills include firecraft, tracking, hunting, fishing, shelter-building, the use of tools such as knives and axes, foraging, hand-carving wood, container construction from natural materials, and rope and twine-making, among others

Brentski

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Brent
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

@Brentski, welcome to the forum. I've heard of the 'johnson rod' but not being a rover guy I thought it was a joke at first, turns out it's legit! And what is bushcrafting? Some British version of something we do here? :)
Anyway, enjoy your family, get out and explore!
Dan

Thanks Dan,
Yeah I had the same reaction about Johnson Rods, but essentially they "trick" an air suspension into thinking it's running low so it raises itself. It is essentially 2 1/2" lift kit that can fit in your pocket and takes about 15 minutes to install or remove.

Brentski

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Brent
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Bushcrafting is about thriving in the natural environment, and the acquisition of the skills and knowledge to do so. Bushcraft skills include firecraft, tracking, hunting, fishing, shelter-building, the use of tools such as knives and axes, foraging, hand-carving wood, container construction from natural materials, and rope and twine-making, among others
Very well said. To me it means replacing some of the gear in your pack with knowledge, and getting in tune with nature.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Hmmm... Bushcrafting sounds like an elegant form of practicing a high level of 'survival skills'. Sounds like I need to up my game! Challenge accepted!

Reactions: Brentski

Ontario Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hanover,Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Cerutti
Member #

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Hey everyone. My name is Alex. I have a 2013 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4. I'm a novice when it comes to Overlanding. Always been an outdoors person. Love camping, Fishing and hiking. Been into photography for awhile, but haven't been able to do much. Having a newborn takes up most of my time at the moment. So I've been getting my truck ready for the adventures before us. And we are located in Virginia