Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
I’m Shaun and I have a 2008 Toyota 4runner. I live in the East Bay in the San Francisco Bay Area and I’ve been overlanding for 4 years now, mostly in the national forests up and down the Sierra Nevada. It’s been fun and insightful to read all the tips and stories from everyone on these forums. Learned a ton already, so I appreciate this community!
Hi Shaun, hope you can join us on one of the upcoming trips and / or meetups. Here is a link to the thread that we use to communicate. At the end you will always find the latest schedule of affairs

See you soon
Armin

Contributor I

First Name
Daryl
Last Name
Berden
Van Adv (118) retouched hr.jpg

A Canadian trio consisting of father, son, and pug are sharing their travels around North America with the world.

When the pandemic resulted in lockdowns and shorter work hours in its early months, Daryl Berden found he needed something to keep himself busy and to also de-stress during unprecedented times.

“I grew up traveling all over the United States and Canada, we used to camp, 4x4 and explore. As I grew up I lost that, and when the pandemic hit, I needed something to keep my mind busy,” Daryl explained.

With less work, and school, Daryl packed up his pug, Tosha, and now 11-year-oldson, Cayden, for their first adventure.

“My wife was still working so she would join us on occasion, but now I could show my son the country’s hidden treasures,” he told the local paper, adding that Cayden was more than excited to travel.

The Aldergrove father and son took off in Daryl’s 4x4 pickup truck, equipped with a bed for a tent, kayaks, and other kinds of gear required for their overlanding adventures.

“[Cayden] now picks places for us to go, and has started filming for [our Youtube] channel –now his channel,” Berden said.

With some brief experience in video-making in his construction job, and encouragement from friends, Berden created the Vancity Adventure channel to share his travels.

The name was chosen to represent both the Vancouver area and capture what they are doing –adventuring.

Since it was created three years ago, he said the channel has grown quickly and while most of his audience isn’t local, he’s excited to share the B.C. with the world.

“Our channel has grown, and we have educated people and discovered so many places. I love the emails and text messages asking ‘where was that?’ We live in an amazing province and country and world. We have discovered places I never knew[existed] – and I grew up here,” Berden said.

From ghost towns and train wrecks to getting stuck in the muddy forests, the Berden’s favourite adventure so far is right here in BC – the Lochiel School at Campbell Valley Regional Park.

“I remember as a kid driving by this old school house that was rundown with graffiti all over it on 16th Avenue. My dad [told] me he went there in Grade 1. I was able to interview my dad in the restored school, and see him step back into his memories was priceless,” Berden shared.

His father passed away a year following their interview, and the memory remains close to Berden’s heart.

Speaking as a father himself, Berden said these adventures have brought him and Cayden closer together and helped them bond even more.

“It’s taken him away from TV and iPads and phones into nature. He is learning how to set up tents, start fires, make food, and what to do if you see a bear (we ran into a bear on one of our adventures and heard a Sasquatch on another),” Berden chuckled.

“These adventures provide bonding, education, stories, and something to learn from. It is always a lesson on confidence, decisiveness, and self awareness.”

There are many adventures in the near and far futures for the father and son, but the next trip is a family vacation to Jamaica. For Vancity Adventure, Berden hopes to make it to northern B.C. and Vancouver Island. Next year, they have plans to travel to Montana and Yellowstone.

“We are passionate about showing off the beauty of the world from their own perspective,” Berden said. “It’s clear we are not only having fun, but also learning more about life through our travels.”

To follow the Berden’s adventures people can visit youtube.com/c/vancityadventure.

Interview with CBC

Photos available upon request

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

View attachment 272407

A Canadian trio consisting of father, son, and pug are sharing their travels around North America with the world.

When the pandemic resulted in lockdowns and shorter work hours in its early months, Daryl Berden found he needed something to keep himself busy and to also de-stress during unprecedented times.

“I grew up traveling all over the United States and Canada, we used to camp, 4x4 and explore. As I grew up I lost that, and when the pandemic hit, I needed something to keep my mind busy,” Daryl explained.

With less work, and school, Daryl packed up his pug, Tosha, and now 11-year-oldson, Cayden, for their first adventure.

“My wife was still working so she would join us on occasion, but now I could show my son the country’s hidden treasures,” he told the local paper, adding that Cayden was more than excited to travel.

The Aldergrove father and son took off in Daryl’s 4x4 pickup truck, equipped with a bed for a tent, kayaks, and other kinds of gear required for their overlanding adventures.

“[Cayden] now picks places for us to go, and has started filming for [our Youtube] channel –now his channel,” Berden said.

With some brief experience in video-making in his construction job, and encouragement from friends, Berden created the Vancity Adventure channel to share his travels.

The name was chosen to represent both the Vancouver area and capture what they are doing –adventuring.

Since it was created three years ago, he said the channel has grown quickly and while most of his audience isn’t local, he’s excited to share the B.C. with the world.

“Our channel has grown, and we have educated people and discovered so many places. I love the emails and text messages asking ‘where was that?’ We live in an amazing province and country and world. We have discovered places I never knew[existed] – and I grew up here,” Berden said.

From ghost towns and train wrecks to getting stuck in the muddy forests, the Berden’s favourite adventure so far is right here in BC – the Lochiel School at Campbell Valley Regional Park.

“I remember as a kid driving by this old school house that was rundown with graffiti all over it on 16th Avenue. My dad [told] me he went there in Grade 1. I was able to interview my dad in the restored school, and see him step back into his memories was priceless,” Berden shared.

His father passed away a year following their interview, and the memory remains close to Berden’s heart.

Speaking as a father himself, Berden said these adventures have brought him and Cayden closer together and helped them bond even more.

“It’s taken him away from TV and iPads and phones into nature. He is learning how to set up tents, start fires, make food, and what to do if you see a bear (we ran into a bear on one of our adventures and heard a Sasquatch on another),” Berden chuckled.

“These adventures provide bonding, education, stories, and something to learn from. It is always a lesson on confidence, decisiveness, and self awareness.”

There are many adventures in the near and far futures for the father and son, but the next trip is a family vacation to Jamaica. For Vancity Adventure, Berden hopes to make it to northern B.C. and Vancouver Island. Next year, they have plans to travel to Montana and Yellowstone.

“We are passionate about showing off the beauty of the world from their own perspective,” Berden said. “It’s clear we are not only having fun, but also learning more about life through our travels.”

To follow the Berden’s adventures people can visit youtube.com/c/vancityadventure.

Interview with CBC

Nice project you started up there
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

View attachment 272407

Interview with CBC

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.
Fantastic spending time with the family its great to see.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 272407

Interview with CBC

Hi and welcome to Overland Bound

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Ok, not a “new” member, but it’s been a long time since I’ve logged in, like several years. Life changes will do that. I’ve still been adventuring, but my focus has been on healing.

Remarried 4 years ago and my bride is my constant companion. We had to start last year off looking for a new fly fishing adventure vehicle when ice claimed my trusty 4Runner. Over the last 11 months I built out a new Tundra with a Four Wheel Camper Project M. We love it, and are looking forward to many adventures in the future.

We call West Linn home, just across the river from the End of the Oregon Trail. I own a fly shop and spend my free time planning trips to new fisheries across the west.

Joel La Follette
OB 2053 yes, 2053
Greetings Joel, welcome back!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
View attachment 272407

Interview with CBC

Greetings Daryl, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 272407

Interview with CBC

Welcome To Overland Bound
Can you add a city and province to your profile, this helps the app and members get you local information.
Your YouTube link can go on the following page https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/member-youtube-channels-and-ideas.414/
Please review this page to make sure your posts dont get reported as spam, Code of Conduct - 10 Awesome Community Guidelines

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

View attachment 272407

Interview with CBC

Hi Daryl. Welcome to OB! Can’t wait to see the next adventure!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I’m Dennis. Im still new to overlanding. Looking forward to getting more into it. I live in North Georgia.
Welcome To Overland Bound Dennis
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, my name is Tom and I’m From New Jersey. I spend a lot of the warm weather weekends camping in the woods through the north east and I’m hoping to find some new friends to take some awesome trips! I’m currently building my Ridgeline to get me off the beating path.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.