Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Merry Christmas Eve, all -- Hope you are enjoying the holiday with those you love.

John reporting aboard/checking in.

Retired Marine/DoN civilian. Been hiking and camping since I was little. I was born and raised in Northern New England (Northern NH and mid-coastal Maine). Joined the Big Green Rod and Gun Club (USMC) and was a professional camper for most of my adult life. So I'm not new to camping or off roading (I've off-roaded in some exotic places ... ;) ) ... or Exploring the unbeaten path. And until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know it was called "Overlanding" or that there were web sites .... or that it was this organized ... Well ... I got here as quick as I could! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Before I retired, I got a 2014 Ford/Quigley E-350. I've been having a lot of fun with it for about 7 years now. Recently added an Aluminess roof rack and Fiamma awning. Any users here who attended the '21 Quigley weekend at Burning Rock will remember me as "Church Bus" :) Looking forward to meeting up with any Northern VA/Western Shore of MD folks for whatever.

Love my Quigley and am still configuring it. It has to work as well as play so I can't completely configure it full time for off-roading/overlanding. Its pretty spartan and plain. It has to be rapidly reconfigurable between hauling stuff and setting up for fun. It also hauls my '49 Chevy 1-ton to events that I participate in.

Glad to be here!

John
Greetings John, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi All,

I'm Andrew from Hungary. Travelling around the world since 2017. I'm going to start my new adventure on 20thFebruary from Halifax....Alaska...Ushuaia.

Rig: Mercedes UNIMOG 4023 self built

Born in Budapest but living all around the world :)

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

A great trip is coming up for you. Great rig. Enjoy.

We shipped to North America a couple of years ago. Into Baltimore. If you need any information I can help with just let me know. From where do you ship your rig? RoRo I assume. Bremerhaven, Antwerpen, Hamburg?

You will find many good information in the forums here. And many helpful members if you need anything while you are on the road.

Greetings from Germany,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New member as of last night

Rig: 2001 XJ 2WD

I've watched a bunch of overlanders on YouTube and follow them as well for ideas on builds. I've done camping a good part of my life so I'm very familiar with it. Granted added a vehicle to travel to remote places is a bit different. But it's still an adventure I look forward to. As of now, my rig is bone stock. I only acquired it about 3 months ago. So, for the time, I've been doing minor repairs as it was in pretty good shape from the start. I do have a general direction to go with just have a lot of work and money ahead. I do plan on doing the 4x4 conversion. This was just a deal I couldn't pass up for the condition and price. Definitely would enjoy swapping ideas in the future or even pointers. Thanks in advance glad to be here.
Greetings Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All,

I'm Andrew from Hungary. Travelling around the world since 2017. I'm going to start my new adventure on 20thFebruary from Halifax....Alaska...Ushuaia.

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Greetings Andrew, welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All,

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All,

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Hello Andrew, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Welcome to Overland Bound Andrew
Looking forward to following your adventure
Here is a link to our full time member section of the forum, @Magic Mike, @Firemom, @Kelly are great contacts for the full timers in the US.
Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
As you travel you can use the Member Map to find other members and events near your location. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Hi All,

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Welcome! Greetings from the USA New Jersey Coastal Plain.

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Hey Tim, Welcome to the community! I've been running my 2nd gen tacoma with a CVT RTT for a couple years now. It's taken me a lot of places! Sending good wishes your way for the same!

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

Hello everyone! Excited to get out and explore. I live in North Texas, Wichita Falls. I just recently spent the last 18 months rebuilding a 1994 FZJ80. It is now a LSFJ80. I swapped the motor with a 6.0 LS motor. I do have a youtube channel that has some of the work I did to it. I am an active member on the IH8MUD website. I an newbie to OVERLANDING and still shaking out bugs on my truck. Looking to get out soon with my two young sons to start shaking down the rig and equipment.

Here is a link to my youtube videos.

Hey Adam, welcome to the family! I'll subscribe to your channel tonight, nice build!

Adam_32194

Rank IV

Steward I

Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello everyone! Excited to get out and explore. I live in North Texas, Wichita Falls. I just recently spent the last 18 months rebuilding a 1994 FZJ80. It is now a LSFJ80. I swapped the motor with a 6.0 LS motor. I do have a youtube channel that has some of the work I did to it. I am an active member on the IH8MUD website. I an newbie to OVERLANDING and still shaking out bugs on my truck. Looking to get out soon with my two young sons to start shaking down the rig and equipment.

Hey Adam, welcome to the family! I'll subscribe to your channel tonight, nice build!
Thanks man! Still trying to work out a few kinks. I need to find some trails near by to shake out the suspension.

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

Thanks man! Still trying to work out a few kinks. I need to find some trails near by to shake out the suspension.
It's a never ending process haha. Once the shakedown is done, you find something else to mess with.

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!
Hey Josh, welcome! I'll check out the YouTube channel

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Hi Tim. Happy New Year and welcome to OB!

Gotham2112

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Sachse, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McGovern
Member #

Hi All,

Thanks to be here!

Andrew
Hi Andrew. Welcome to OB! Can’t wait to see some photos from the trip!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) View attachment 271145
2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
4) Hi all! I have zero overlanding/off road experience, but I'm hoping I can find some mild trails near me where I can exploit the Quattro system without risking it too much!
Greetings Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Contributor III

Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Marauder
Last Name
Convoy
2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
4) Hi all! I have zero overlanding/off road experience, but I'm hoping I can find some mild trails near me where I can exploit the Quattro system without risking it too much!
Welcome to the chat I’m also new to overlanding

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

2) Boston, MA, USA
3) 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Hallo Kevin
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N