Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey y'all, I'm Todd and my wife, Christina, are hooked on both fish and adventure! From our basecamp near Ute Lake, NM, we're casting lines and exploring trails in our trusty Ram 2500. While we love this beast, we're eyeing an SUV for comfy long hauls to hidden gems, epic catches, and cozy fireside nights. We're not newbies to the off-road scene, but the camaraderie of shared journeys is as exciting as a secret trout hole. So, whether you're seasoned veterans towing tiny adventurers or new to the overland life with your own rambunctious crew, cast a line of friendship our way! We're ready to swap rigs-to-rocking-kiddos tips, explore hidden gems, and share the magic of family adventures on the road. Let's hook up and reel in some unforgettable memories, together!
Hi Todd and Christina,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I’m new to the Overlanding scene
Wife and I are looking to find a novice- intermediate trails near Southern California any tips would be appreciated.
Rig is a 2019 FWC on a 2019 Tacoma set up to be sufficient for a weekend.
Looking for water / ocean / mountain/ creek/ and Valley views. Much appreciated for the community
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Wife and I are looking to find a novice- intermediate trails near Southern California any tips would be appreciated.
Looking for water / ocean / mountain/ creek/ and Valley views. Much appreciated for the community
Welcome to the OB family from us in France enjoy the community

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hey y'all, I'm Todd and my wife, Christina, are hooked on both fish and adventure! From our basecamp near Ute Lake, NM, we're casting lines and exploring trails in our trusty Ram 2500. While we love this beast, we're eyeing an SUV for comfy long hauls to hidden gems, epic catches, and cozy fireside nights. We're not newbies to the off-road scene, but the camaraderie of shared journeys is as exciting as a secret trout hole. So, whether you're seasoned veterans towing tiny adventurers or new to the overland life with your own rambunctious crew, cast a line of friendship our way! We're ready to swap rigs-to-rocking-kiddos tips, explore hidden gems, and share the magic of family adventures on the road. Let's hook up and reel in some unforgettable memories, together!
Hi Todd and Christina, welcome to the OB family from us in France
Merry Xmas
Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

New member here. Located here in North County San Diego. Been camping a lot in a motorhome and camper on an our dually. Just picked up a 1997 LX450 with factory lockers, to do some more remote overlanding and camping.

Other than baseline maintenance and repairs; Going to add front and rear bumpers, touch screen stereo, winch, roof rack, Dobinsons lift with 35’s, and looking forward to exploring outfitting with gear to camp with.

Excited to start a build and looking to get involved in some events.

Eventually would like to do some longer trips, multi state or even Mexico to Canada style.
Welcome to the OB family from us in France
Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Merry Christmas Eve, all -- Hope you are enjoying the holiday with those you love.

John reporting aboard/checking in.

Retired Marine/DoN civilian. Been hiking and camping since I was little. I was born and raised in Northern New England (Northern NH and mid-coastal Maine). Joined the Big Green Rod and Gun Club (USMC) and was a professional camper for most of my adult life. So I'm not new to camping or off roading (I've off-roaded in some exotic places ... ;) ) ... or Exploring the unbeaten path. And until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know it was called "Overlanding" or that there were web sites .... or that it was this organized ... Well ... I got here as quick as I could! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Before I retired, I got a 2014 Ford/Quigley E-350. I've been having a lot of fun with it for about 7 years now. Recently added an Aluminess roof rack and Fiamma awning. Any users here who attended the '21 Quigley weekend at Burning Rock will remember me as "Church Bus" :) Looking forward to meeting up with any Northern VA/Western Shore of MD folks for whatever.

Love my Quigley and am still configuring it. It has to work as well as play so I can't completely configure it full time for off-roading/overlanding. Its pretty spartan and plain. It has to be rapidly reconfigurable between hauling stuff and setting up for fun. It also hauls my '49 Chevy 1-ton to events that I participate in.

Glad to be here!

John
Hi John, welcome to the OB community from us in France
Merry Christmas
Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!
Hi Josh,
Welcome to OB from us in France merry Christmas
Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hello all, thanks for the add....
My name is Tim and I live in Central Jersey.
I am driving a Toyota Tacoma TRD.
I'm fairly new to overlanding this year but have been off roading for a few.
I'm looking forward to multi day trips and discovering new adventures.
Hi Tim,
Welcome to OB from us in France and merry Christmas
Paul and Nicky

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Merry Christmas Eve, all -- Hope you are enjoying the holiday with those you love.

Retired Marine/DoN civilian. Been hiking and camping since I was little. I was born and raised in Northern New England (Northern NH and mid-coastal Maine). Joined the Big Green Rod and Gun Club (USMC) and was a professional camper for most of my adult life. So I'm not new to camping or off roading (I've off-roaded in some exotic places ... ;) ) ... or Exploring the unbeaten path. And until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know it was called "Overlanding" or that there were web sites .... or that it was this organized ... Well ... I got here as quick as I could! Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Before I retired, I got a 2014 Ford/Quigley E-350. I've been having a lot of fun with it for about 7 years now. Recently added an Aluminess roof rack and Fiamma awning. Any users here who attended the '21 Quigley weekend at Burning Rock will remember me as "Church Bus" :) Looking forward to meeting up with any Northern VA/Western Shore of MD folks for whatever.

Love my Quigley and am still configuring it. It has to work as well as play so I can't completely configure it full time for off-roading/overlanding. Its pretty spartan and plain. It has to be rapidly reconfigurable between hauling stuff and setting up for fun. It also hauls my '49 Chevy 1-ton to events that I participate in.

Glad to be here!

John
Hi John,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice rig. Enjoy.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Long Beach California- merry Christmas may the new year also bring more safe adventures to all
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Glad to be here!

John
Welcome To Overland Bound John
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd & Christina
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here. Located here in North County San Diego. Been camping a lot in a motorhome and camper on an our dually. Just picked up a 1997 LX450 with factory lockers, to do some more remote overlanding and camping.

Other than baseline maintenance and repairs; Going to add front and rear bumpers, touch screen stereo, winch, roof rack, Dobinsons lift with 35’s, and looking forward to exploring outfitting with gear to camp with.

Eventually would like to do some longer trips, multi state or even Mexico to Canada style.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Im Josh. I live full time in an RV. I had the big house and the fancy paycheck job but left it all behind to pursue adventure. Sold my 2017 Tacoma for a 2020 RAM Power wagon as the little Tacoma was not capable of towing much. Bought a 2022 Nash 29s travel trailer from Northwood. Been living and traveling this way a couple of years now. Been coast to coast but spend most of my time in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Recently started a YouTube channel " http://www.youtube.com/@MountainManOverland " Not much there yet, but Im working on that. Im on this site to learn from others and inform as I can. Hope to see you out on the trail!
Welcome to Overland Bound Josh
You should post your YouTube link here. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/member-youtube-channels-and-ideas.414/
Here is a link to our full time member section of the forum, @Magic Mike, @Firemom, @Kelly are great contacts for the full timers in the US.
Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
As you travel you can use the Member Map to find other members and events near your location. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
@Ethan N is a great resource in your area.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Welcome! I used to live in Monmouth Co, now I'm down in Ocean Co close to all the forests down here. Let me know if you're interested in a ride! There are 3 upcoming Rally Points in NJ right now, and they're all hosted by yours truly. Hope to chat soon.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Glad to be here!

John
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound. God bless you for your service, I appreciate it very much!

Adam_32194

Rank IV

Steward I

Wichita Falls, Wichita County, Texas, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Glad to be here!

John
Semper Fi brother! Great rig.

SunnyPinhero

Rank II

Contributor III

Fallbrook, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Sunny
Last Name
Pinhero
Member #

RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Awesome, appreciate the info!