Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy folks! I’m gearing up to do my first overlanding trip and I am stoked. I’m in Houston (from Dallas area and moving back after this trip) and my sister lives in Seattle and kicked this whole idea off when she asked to fly me up there to help her with some renovation work. Long story short, I decided to do this instead and the rest is history. I’ll post pictures of the rig tomorrow but we’re working with a Leitner ACS rack and OVS roof tent. The rest is me and my plain ole camping gear; we’ll get the fancy stuff as we go, can’t spend a million bucks.

If you read through that long ass paragraph I appreciate you very much! If you didn’t, I understand. Basically, I got a rack and a tent and I’m going on my first overlanding trip from Houston to Seattle back to Dallas.

Hope to get involved in the community quick!

P.S. - I am looking to buy any Leitner ACS rack accessorie that can be found in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, TX region. Any help is much appreciated, Leitner shipping is 3-5 weeks!
Hello Ryan (@slumpychuck ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all! I'm John! Just started to put together a kit for a 2010 Highlander... mostly to get to off-the-beaten trail camping locales and sleep in in a pinch. It's not a rockcrawler -- it's a hybrid with no lift, so not really meant for rugged. I've had it out in the desert south of Blythe, CA more than once. Did fine. Slept in it with no mods at all. A bit cold and lumpy :). For now, adding some 8020 as crossbars, an amazon awning and doing a minimalist interior deck to give myself a flat bed. We'll see where I go from there, eh? Medford Oregon home now, so lots of Forest Service access roads in the mountains between the High Desert and the Pacific. I'll be lurking and looking for stuff that approximates what I am trying to do. Found a great version of my intended crossbars for a Land Cruiser on YT, so that gets me something to do in the next couple weeks :)
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey all! I'm John! Just started to put together a kit for a 2010 Highlander... mostly to get to off-the-beaten trail camping locales and sleep in in a pinch. It's not a rockcrawler -- it's a hybrid with no lift, so not really meant for rugged. I've had it out in the desert south of Blythe, CA more than once. Did fine. Slept in it with no mods at all. A bit cold and lumpy :). For now, adding some 8020 as crossbars, an amazon awning and doing a minimalist interior deck to give myself a flat bed. We'll see where I go from there, eh? Medford Oregon home now, so lots of Forest Service access roads in the mountains between the High Desert and the Pacific. I'll be lurking and looking for stuff that approximates what I am trying to do. Found a great version of my intended crossbars for a Land Cruiser on YT, so that gets me something to do in the next couple weeks :)
Hi John,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy folks! I’m gearing up to do my first overlanding trip and I am stoked. I’m in Houston (from Dallas area and moving back after this trip) and my sister lives in Seattle and kicked this whole idea off when she asked to fly me up there to help her with some renovation work. Long story short, I decided to do this instead and the rest is history. I’ll post pictures of the rig tomorrow but we’re working with a Leitner ACS rack and OVS roof tent. The rest is me and my plain ole camping gear; we’ll get the fancy stuff as we go, can’t spend a million bucks.

If you read through that long ass paragraph I appreciate you very much! If you didn’t, I understand. Basically, I got a rack and a tent and I’m going on my first overlanding trip from Houston to Seattle back to Dallas.

Hope to get involved in the community quick!

P.S. - I am looking to buy any Leitner ACS rack accessorie that can be found in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, TX region. Any help is much appreciated, Leitner shipping is 3-5 weeks!
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound!

Woodsman56

Rank I

Enthusiast I

All Over
First Name
Penn
Last Name
Murfee
Greetings everyone!

Thank you all in advance - I’ve been cruising the forums as a guest for some time, but as I am about to get started on my build journey, I figured it was time to actively participate.

Currently in Phoenix, AZ, but I move around a lot for work. I drive a stock 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road with 212k miles on it. I’ll never part ways with it, but I want to get something a little newer/lower mileage.

I’ve never put a modification on a vehicle, so I’m brand new to learning about lifts, suspensions, shocks, leaf springs, wheels/tires, sway bars, etc…I do have a rough idea of what I want, and I can’t wait to learn and hear what y’all have to say!

I am into hunting and camping. Looking to build a vehicle that can take me wherever I want to go and live in it for a little while :sunglasses: I love to travel around with my Blue Heeler, seen “driving” my Tacoma in my avatar, and explore the beauty of God’s creation!

Thank you all again - excited to be here.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings everyone!

Thank you all in advance - I’ve been cruising the forums as a guest for some time, but as I am about to get started on my build journey, I figured it was time to actively participate.

Currently in Phoenix, AZ, but I move around a lot for work. I drive a stock 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road with 212k miles on it. I’ll never part ways with it, but I want to get something a little newer/lower mileage.

I’ve never put a modification on a vehicle, so I’m brand new to learning about lifts, suspensions, shocks, leaf springs, wheels/tires, sway bars, etc…I do have a rough idea of what I want, and I can’t wait to learn and hear what y’all have to say!

I am into hunting and camping. Looking to build a vehicle that can take me wherever I want to go and live in it for a little while :sunglasses: I love to travel around with my Blue Heeler, seen “driving” my Tacoma in my avatar, and explore the beauty of God’s creation!

Hello Penn, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings everyone!

Hallo Penn
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings everyone!

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings everyone!

Hello Penn, welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings everyone!

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

samba

Rank V
Investor

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Swamy
Last Name
Bachu
Member #

Greetings everyone!

Welcome to OB..

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings everyone!

Hi Penn and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

sgodinez13

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Godinez
Hello I'm an experienced camper and have done a small amount of overlanding, I would like to do more overlanding trips. I have done a few multi state road trips which were all camping and part overlanding. Looking forward to being a part of this community.20230525_075756.jpg20230520_181414.jpg20230516_191600.jpg20230509_210037.jpg
Rig: 2016 Toyota Tundra with roof top tent and awning.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello I'm an experienced camper and have done a small amount of overlanding, I would like to do more overlanding trips. I have done a few multi state road trips which were all camping and part overlanding. Looking forward to being a part of this community.View attachment 265988View attachment 265989View attachment 265990View attachment 265991
Hi Steve,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Welcome to Overland Bound John.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Greetings everyone!

Hi Penn. Welcome to Overland Bound.
You'll be able to get a lot of your questions answered about your build here.
Good luck!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello I'm an experienced camper and have done a small amount of overlanding, I would like to do more overlanding trips. I have done a few multi state road trips which were all camping and part overlanding. Looking forward to being a part of this community.View attachment 265988View attachment 265989View attachment 265990View attachment 265991
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve.
Nice rig!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Steve
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.