Rank II

Contributor III

Huntsville, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Warren
Member #

Hello everyone!! I’m Jon, newbie to this site and app, I will hopefully learn the how to’s fast. Look forward to learning and making new friends! I have a 14 Rubicon 4 Door and I’m looking forward to some new trails this coming year! Going to Colorado in mid September! Can’t wait!
Hello Jon, welcome to Overland Bound. I am new to Colorado, but have been told by the locals most of the high passes will be snow bound by then. Please do your due diligence on your routes.
Ty for the update on snow! I was curious about that also

slumpychuck

Rank I

Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Cass
Howdy folks! I’m gearing up to do my first overlanding trip and I am stoked. I’m in Houston (from Dallas area and moving back after this trip) and my sister lives in Seattle and kicked this whole idea off when she asked to fly me up there to help her with some renovation work. Long story short, I decided to do this instead and the rest is history. I’ll post pictures of the rig tomorrow but we’re working with a Leitner ACS rack and OVS roof tent. The rest is me and my plain ole camping gear; we’ll get the fancy stuff as we go, can’t spend a million bucks.

If you read through that long ass paragraph I appreciate you very much! If you didn’t, I understand. Basically, I got a rack and a tent and I’m going on my first overlanding trip from Houston to Seattle back to Dallas.

Hope to get involved in the community quick!

P.S. - I am looking to buy any Leitner ACS rack accessorie that can be found in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, TX region. Any help is much appreciated, Leitner shipping is 3-5 weeks!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy folks! I’m gearing up to do my first overlanding trip and I am stoked. I’m in Houston (from Dallas area and moving back after this trip) and my sister lives in Seattle and kicked this whole idea off when she asked to fly me up there to help her with some renovation work. Long story short, I decided to do this instead and the rest is history. I’ll post pictures of the rig tomorrow but we’re working with a Leitner ACS rack and OVS roof tent. The rest is me and my plain ole camping gear; we’ll get the fancy stuff as we go, can’t spend a million bucks.

If you read through that long ass paragraph I appreciate you very much! If you didn’t, I understand. Basically, I got a rack and a tent and I’m going on my first overlanding trip from Houston to Seattle back to Dallas.

P.S. - I am looking to buy any Leitner ACS rack accessorie that can be found in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, TX region. Any help is much appreciated, Leitner shipping is 3-5 weeks!
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Ryan
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello everyone. My name is Dave and I’m from Clovis, Ca. I currently have a 1996 LX450. I’ve been doing the overland thing for many years. I’m hoping to learn more and explore more. I’ve been aware of this community for awhile and I just decided it was time to join.
Hi Dave. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Wife and I with 7-yr and 9-yr old kids here in Houston, TX. We are novices to overlanding but have driven many miles all over the world. Camping when we were much younger but nothing since. Backpacked for 6 months around the world pre-kids....

Vehicle is a 2018 GX 460 Luxury stock, purchased a few weeks ago with 46k miles and CPO. Love it already compared to our 2021 Tacoma DCLB OR (which we traded).

Our goal is to start getting out there and camping, progressing to short overlanding trips and see where it leads us!

Cheers,

Lee
Welcome to Overland Bound Lee.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
View attachment 265103View attachment 265104
Rig: 2016 GMC Canyon SLT 3.6L 4x4. Minor mods here and there including OEM skids, 2" level w/ 1" rear block, OEM rock sliders, bed rack, roll up tonneau, Trifecta Tune. Looking into tires and lighting next.
Overlanding Experience Background: Overlanding specifically; novice/intermediate. I am no stranger to car camping and I'm a highly experienced UL backpacker. The skills from those 2 activities port directly into Overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jon.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello folks and thank you for having me.
Cindy and I are located just north of Houston,Texas. This is our 2008 JKU.
I have enjoyed doing this build for the last year or so.
We are both quite “wet behind the ears” novices when it comes to Over-landing and look forward to learning all about this lifestyle and the capabilities required of both vehicle and us to accomplish this. The 2nd photo shows my duel battery setup I just finished that has a REDARC charger attached to it. Yes, I could use some help with my wiring .
Hello Michael and Cindy. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Howdy All. I'm Dave.

1) Fontana, CA
2) 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland
3) Well experienced in Overlanding and Camping in remote areas (Mainly from Big Bear to central CA, well off the 395)

Looking forward to continue exploring remote trails. View attachment 265336
Hi Dave. Welcome to Overland Bound. Nice looking WJ you have.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello everyone!! I’m Jon, newbie to this site and app, I will hopefully learn the how to’s fast. Look forward to learning and making new friends! I have a 14 Rubicon 4 Door and I’m looking forward to some new trails this coming year! Going to Colorado in mid September! Can’t wait!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jon.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy

Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan. I think you are on the right track. Don't spend hard earned cash on equipment that you may not use or like. You'll figure out pretty quickly what you really need. Happy trails.

JDSoOR

Rank 0

Contributor II

Medford, OR, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Doty
Hey all! I'm John! Just started to put together a kit for a 2010 Highlander... mostly to get to off-the-beaten trail camping locales and sleep in in a pinch. It's not a rockcrawler -- it's a hybrid with no lift, so not really meant for rugged. I've had it out in the desert south of Blythe, CA more than once. Did fine. Slept in it with no mods at all. A bit cold and lumpy :). For now, adding some 8020 as crossbars, an amazon awning and doing a minimalist interior deck to give myself a flat bed. We'll see where I go from there, eh? Medford Oregon home now, so lots of Forest Service access roads in the mountains between the High Desert and the Pacific. I'll be lurking and looking for stuff that approximates what I am trying to do. Found a great version of my intended crossbars for a Land Cruiser on YT, so that gets me something to do in the next couple weeks :)

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all! I'm John! Just started to put together a kit for a 2010 Highlander... mostly to get to off-the-beaten trail camping locales and sleep in in a pinch. It's not a rockcrawler -- it's a hybrid with no lift, so not really meant for rugged. I've had it out in the desert south of Blythe, CA more than once. Did fine. Slept in it with no mods at all. A bit cold and lumpy :). For now, adding some 8020 as crossbars, an amazon awning and doing a minimalist interior deck to give myself a flat bed. We'll see where I go from there, eh? Medford Oregon home now, so lots of Forest Service access roads in the mountains between the High Desert and the Pacific. I'll be lurking and looking for stuff that approximates what I am trying to do. Found a great version of my intended crossbars for a Land Cruiser on YT, so that gets me something to do in the next couple weeks :)
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo John
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound John
You are right about the Southern OR having lots of forest access, lots to do up there.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.