Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi! Glad to be here. My name is Dante but I'm mostly known as Subway (no funny story behind the nickname unfortunately). I'm living in and in college in Argentina. I joined this forum because me and two friends are commited to driving the Pan American Highway from December 2024 to February 2025. Two of us have plenty highway experience as passengers and all of us have limited experience as drivers. We will be working on the latter before our departure driving inside Argentina, which has incredible sites to visit and I encourage anyone with the means to visit to do so. Evidently as students our budget is severly limited and is a deciding factor in our planning. We have no idea what we are doing and thus would love to hear stories and any tips from other overlanders.
Kindly,
Dante
(Unfortunately don't have a rig yet)
Hallo Dante
Welcome to OBO
In this forum you will find great stories
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi! Glad to be here. My name is Dante but I'm mostly known as Subway (no funny story behind the nickname unfortunately). I'm living in and in college in Argentina. I joined this forum because me and two friends are commited to driving the Pan American Highway from December 2024 to February 2025. Two of us have plenty highway experience as passengers and all of us have limited experience as drivers. We will be working on the latter before our departure driving inside Argentina, which has incredible sites to visit and I encourage anyone with the means to visit to do so. Evidently as students our budget is severly limited and is a deciding factor in our planning. We have no idea what we are doing and thus would love to hear stories and any tips from other overlanders.
Kindly,
Dante
Hi Dante,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That´s a great trip you are planing.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Kindly,
Dante
Hello Dante, welcome to Overland Bound.

Worms04WJ

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Gibb
Thank you for letting me in :-)
Name - Jeremy Gibb
Rig - 2004 WJ 4.0 4x4
Location (now) - Colorado Springs
Level - above beginner?! I have been wheeling many years and have Military experience :-) This is something that I have been thinking about for a love time.
This is the Most recent Picture of my Rig. As always, still work in progress.
04_GC 35.jpg

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Kindly,
Dante
Greetings Dante, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Name - Jeremy Gibb
Rig - 2004 WJ 4.0 4x4
Level - above beginner?! I have been wheeling many years and have Military experience :-) This is something that I have been thinking about for a love time.
View attachment 263062
Greetings Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Name - Jeremy Gibb
Rig - 2004 WJ 4.0 4x4
View attachment 263062
Hello Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service, blessings.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Name - Jeremy Gibb
Rig - 2004 WJ 4.0 4x4
View attachment 263062
Hallo Jeremy
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Muguyver

Rank II

Contributor II

Bordentown, NJ, USA
First Name
Leonard
Last Name
Danao
Member #

Good morning! Wanted to finally introduce myself. Long time lurker. As we get older been dreaming about taking our trucks and touring the US and getting out of NJ. Looking forward to getting tons of ideas of this site as well as several others.
1) Pictures below
The Green Gladiator is mine and the white 2 dr JL is my wife’s, the Blue 392 is my sisters (we are not taking her with us touring, lol)
Northeast in NJ
2018 Jeep JL 2 door - Trailing vehicle
2020 Jeep Gladiator + M1102 trailer This will be built into a camper trailer.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
We are both Novice overlanders, avid camper and Hiker, some light off roading.
5) Plans - The TAT, Easter Jeep Safari 2024 and camping using the trailer, when completed, rather than ground tents

IMG_2988.jpegIMG_0910.jpegIMG_8710.jpeg

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Good morning! Wanted to finally introduce myself. Long time lurker. As we get older been dreaming about taking our trucks and touring the US and getting out of NJ. Looking forward to getting tons of ideas of this site as well as several others.
1) Pictures below
The Green Gladiator is mine and the white 2 dr JL is my wife’s, the Blue 392 is my sisters (we are not taking her with us touring, lol)
Northeast in NJ
5) Plans - The TAT, Easter Jeep Safari 2024 and camping using the trailer, when completed, rather than ground tents

View attachment 263116View attachment 263118View attachment 263117
Hallo Leonard
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) Pictures below
Northeast in NJ

View attachment 263116View attachment 263118View attachment 263117
Greetings Leonard, welcome to Overland Bound!