First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’m Pete
Known as Kiwi Pete or Big Bad Pete from my past life driving Adventure Tours in Northern Scandinavia and one North Africa overland trip as the co-driver, guide, cooks help etc.

Also help build one of the first two wheel drive Overland Trucks for a now defunct Africa overland company and test drove it about the UK before it’s 1st Africa trip

Now I’m home in New Zealand and live in the central of the North Island.

My new micro overland vehicle is a 2022 Suzuki Jimny that I’m building up with a bed for one and half inside!

Half? It’s my assistant dog’s bed.

It’s my 4th Suzuki Jimny build and this time the plan is to keep it light and simple.

Please note: I live my life the best I can with a severe traumatic brain injury.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Everyone, My name is Roger

Rig: 2000 F150 4x4 packed with a lot of stuff (12v 279ah battery build stuffed in an ammo box.) 200 watts of mounted solar, inverter, Induction cooktop & Small air fryer for glamping, (2) 12v fridges (yes one just for beer). 270 Awning with walls, onboard shooting tables (PCP Airgun Equipment is my business) , and a bunch of other junk to have fun with.
Experience: I enjoy Camping, Hunting, Shooting, Cooking, Welding, Making stuff, Drones, Solar Power, etc.
Way back when, I was an El Dorado Search & Rescue Volunteer. Unfortunately I forgot all the cool places. My truck is a work in progress ( it is not touching the overload springs yet)
Interested in solo over landing, or short group runs. My truck buildout makes it heavy, so it is not going to be for big time 4wd. trails, but it would make a Great Basecamp setup. It mentioned rig pictures, so i will post a few:')

Thank you,

Roger

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello my name is Jason. I live in Salt Lake City Utah. I have a 1965 VW Bus and a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel.
I grew up camping and off roading but always learning new things.

Here are my rigs

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All
Happy to have found this community. Looking forward to connecting with fellow enthusiasts

Rig: 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80L (original owner)
Experience: A few trips under my belt but always looking to learn more

Cheers!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Evening y'all, my name is Pat also known as Grumpy Uncle.
Vehicle: 2010 GX 460 and 2016 Tundra CM. The 460 (Mongo) does all of the trail playing now.
Been wheeling for a few moons now...I know enough to stay out of trouble.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello. I’m Louis from Tennessee.
Just recently became interested in more serious overlanding. Currently my rigs are 2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with leveling kit and 33s and a 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with no mods. We love the forrestry roads at LBP and are looking for more places to go and maybe group rides that we can go on. Its always been my wife and I solo. We would like to go with others so we can hit more complicated obstacles without the worry of being stranded alone.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello OB,
I am Ricky from Central Texas. I just joined the OB Community.

Rig: 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness
Hello Ricky (@RAxelrod ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

You are just in time for the year's first meetup. The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown and is meeting this Sat 1/7: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

There is also a South Central Texas meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Uhmm... Good day :tearsofjoy:
Vehicle: 2012 Peugeot 2008
Experience: Minimum to absolutely zero
Love the outdoors, roadtrips and camping and well.... Why not combine them all.
Car is in major upgrade mode at the moment View attachment 247158

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I’m Frank. I’m a lifelong overlander and spent many of my years with Land Rover Defenders and older Series models. I now have a Jeep Gladiator and I absolutely love it. We tow a Mission Overland Summit trailer with it and spend a good amount of time exploring our local desert regions. I look forward to getting to know some likeminded people through this app!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks for letting me in, we are looking forward to having an adventure or two... We are planning to go hit the Black Hills this spring and then travel the lower 48 over the summer.
2003 Blue Rubicon
Novice Overlander
2019 Chevy 3500 DRW with slide in camper as a flat towing vehicle

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi, my name is Oliver. I am from Worms, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany and my vehicle is a Jeep Liberty KJ with several modifications. I grew up with camping, have experience in outdoor, trekking and canoeing and some experience off-road. My plan is to get my little KJ ready for overland trips in Europe and I like to find people to connect.

Greetings
Oliver

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi folks, I'm Joe and have great hopes of learning new stuff. My first 4 wheel vehicle was a 1958 CJ-5 with a blown engine. My Dad's mechanic helped me put a rebuilt 283 back in the days when there were no adapter kits. I grew up in Central Florida before Disney moved in. I've had 9 CJ 5's over the years, 74 FJ 40 that eventually had 350 transplanted along with a 400 Turbo Hydro and a really short rear drive shaft. A 49 CJ2A with a 360 AMC and several other flat fenders with different set up. #1 son built a 65 CJ 5 with a 350 that would whip the pants off 5.0 mustangs up to 70 where it ran out of gears. I believe I had the first 1970 Blazer in Phoenix and it pulled me and a horse trailer up on the Rim almost weekly when I was in town. That became a 72 long bed K 20 with a camper until I got moved to NC in 73 and no fourby until I got my 74 FJ that I took to Turkey. Only got stuck once there and it took 2 Turkish tractors and bunch of kids to get me out. Came back to MD (not by choice) and it took me 33 years to escape that place. We did take a 3 year vacation in Homer, AK and I flew for Cook Inlet Aviation and we had a matched pair of diesel F250's in 4 wd. We came back with a kid...other than fishing , hunting and flying not much else to do. The economy was awful so we went back to MD and I retired in 2000 and did military/intel consulting for the US Gov't and various contractors. I moved to Sandpoint, ID in 2010, wife retired in 2013. I can't afford Toyota's anymore as a poor retired guy so I have a 2008 Frontier Super Cab 6' bed and there is a 2010 Xterra around here somewhere. Oh...there is a 1958 (first year) Forward Control 150 in the hanger waiting to be buffed up and a little work done. I've ridden motorcycles since I was 14 and I'm down to 6 or 7, Harley, 1250 Bandit, DRZ 400, Honda NC750 DCT, TW 200, 74 CT 90 we rebuilt Honda ATV and a 21 700 Pioneer. Wife died 2 month's ago after 40 years of partner and friendship and lots of great adventures in all 50 states and 28 countries. Other than the above it's been a pretty dull life and I'm looking for adventure...got any to spare???

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, I'm Ray. I've been doing the off road thing since I got my Wrangler in 2016. Did a lot of off road parks and recently found out about overlanding and am exploring it.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - Attached

2) Located in Edgewood, MD (Harford County)

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - Novice

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
G.Granier (66)
Marrero, LA on the Westbank of Mississippi from New Orleans
In the Marines I was in motor transport in South California and drove out road a lot. In 2005 owned a Jeep Wrangler and mud is in this area.  i’m getting old, so I moved to a more comfortable vehicle.
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #