Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’m still very new to overlanding and haven’t invested in any upgrades to my truck yet. I’ll be rocking a ground tent until I get some more experience. I’m hoping this forum will be a good way to join a local group on some runs and gain some knowledge.
You're good to go as is. A ground tent and reliable vehicle is all you need to start off with. I'm sure you will meet some great folks in your area.

PickUpYourTrash

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Myrtle Beach, Horry County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

I’m still very new to overlanding and haven’t invested in any upgrades to my truck yet. I’ll be rocking a ground tent until I get some more experience. I’m hoping this forum will be a good way to join a local group on some runs and gain some knowledge.
Overlanding is about getting out. Gently explore and have a back up plan. Everything else will come naturally

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
GOOD MORNING, MY NAME IS MARIO, I LIVE IN MEXICO, 1998 DODGE RAM 2500, CUMMINS 12V, CAMPER LEER, AND STARTING TO EQUIP IT FOR OVERLANDING, I WAS A LONG DISTANCE TRUCKER ALL MY LIFE
Welcome To Overland Bound Mario
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a large group of overlanders in Mexico, the map will help you find other like minded people.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A great local contact is @freak4life
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All!

Brand new to Vancouver BC I have a 2017 Tacoma TRDsport, I've always been a camper but just until now I have the adult money to start enjoying Overlanding hoping to catch up with a local-or close group to meet new friends! Bonus points if we can fish
Hello Gabriel, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Toxicbatman

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Ronan, Lake County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
McClure
Member #

Greetings, thanks for the add. I am brand new to overlanding. I am from Ronan, Montana and have been building this 2016 Toyota Tundra that i purchased last year for this purpose. I have taken my rig our for initial shakedown and love the setup. Still learning and eager to learn more from this group. 20220515_124524.jpg

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Greetings, thanks for the add. I am brand new to overlanding. I am from Ronan, Montana and have been building this 2016 Toyota Tundra that i purchased last year for this purpose. I have taken my rig our for initial shakedown and love the setup. Still learning and eager to learn more from this group. View attachment 232164
Welcome to the community! Good looking rig. Love the setup!

Toxicbatman

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
Dan
Last Name
McClure
Member #

Greetings, thanks for the add. I am brand new to overlanding. I am from Ronan, Montana and have been building this 2016 Toyota Tundra that i purchased last year for this purpose. I have taken my rig our for initial shakedown and love the setup. Still learning and eager to learn more from this group. View attachment 232164
Thank you, learning this app might take a minute. Lol

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thank you, learning this app might take a minute. Lol
I’m pretty new as well. I’m still learning more about it as well. I’m out in Ohio, but I have plans to travel out west in the next year. Especially Montana.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Dan
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Ni-Ju-Ni

Rank I

Contributor III

So. Cal
First Name
Jimi
Last Name
Minami
20210819_154845.jpg
Hi everyone!
I'm Jimi from Thousand Oaks, CA.
Truck is a 2018 Tundra with a Snug top shell and a GFC Superlite RTT and a few other things.
Experience: Novice to the Overland world
I'm joining because I'm looking for a solid platform for quality information and good people!20210819_154845.jpg

Toxicbatman

Rank III

Pathfinder III

First Name
Dan
Last Name
McClure
Member #

View attachment 232176
Hi everyone!
Truck is a 2018 Tundra with a Snug top shell and a GFC Superlite RTT and a few other things.
I'm joining because I'm looking for a solid platform for quality information and good people!View attachment 232176
Welcome, just joined today as well, for the same reasons. Nice looking setup

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 232176
Hi everyone!
I'm joining because I'm looking for a solid platform for quality information and good people!View attachment 232176
Hello Jim, welcome to Overland Bound.