Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

hi I'm Rick,

alittle bit about myself;

I'm originally born in Long Beach, but moved to the bay area when I was young and now currently reside In the 209 Tracy Ca.

Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Turbo Diesel

I'm mainly looking to meet like minded individuals into overlanding and some offloading also.

I'm also the @dmv_jeeps California Chapter President. just a bunch of jeep guys that get-together and hang out and hopefully start overlanding with.

if your near by hmu let's hit the road , explore , and go on an adventure ✨️.

you can follow me on Instagram Wk2_Beast I will follow back!!! Happy Overlanding everyone!!!
Hallo Rick
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Hey Everyone,

Newbiee to the Overlanding community.

I'm Marcus, Irish, living in the US for 7 years now. I currently own a 2016 Ford F150 Crew Cab FX4 (5.5') and the only modification I've made is add a Decked drawer system to the bed for camping equipment. I've also ordered a Leitner Forged rack for the bed which is on it's way.

I live in Berkeley California, have two young kids and would love to go on a basic ride to figure this stuff out.

My other passion is Adventure Motorcycle riding, but I have a weaker back these days, so riding around in the truck might be better.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

:)
I’ve got same truck and have done quite a bit to mine if you ever have questions. I’m down in Monterey Bay.
Matt

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Good morning to everyone. North Texas area. Just new and getting into overlanding. Lots of questions to come. Thanks in advance.
Welcome!!! Questions? You’ve come to the right group! Feel free to hit us up in the messages any time also. Can’t wait to see your posts.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hi all. jackco48 here. Love the platform and all the YT vids. I don’t have a rig per se. long story on why I moved out of my 4Runner into a 2017 Kia Sorento SX, but I am pulling a Mean Bean, so still hitting the outdoors. My wife and I are too old to wander too far off grid these days, but we’re no slouches either. Great place to learn new things.
Welcome!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
hi I'm Rick,

alittle bit about myself;

I'm originally born in Long Beach, but moved to the bay area when I was young and now currently reside In the 209 Tracy Ca.

Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Turbo Diesel

I'm mainly looking to meet like minded individuals into overlanding and some offloading also.

I'm also the @dmv_jeeps California Chapter President. just a bunch of jeep guys that get-together and hang out and hopefully start overlanding with.

if your near by hmu let's hit the road , explore , and go on an adventure ✨️.

you can follow me on Instagram Wk2_Beast I will follow back!!! Happy Overlanding everyone!!!
Hey Rick, looks like you’ve done your fair share of getting dirty! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.
Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.
This is the regular meet up info:
US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

As you are in Tracy you’ve also got another meet up close to you in Turlock on the first Sundays of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active as well.
This is the regular meet up info. @Motomikeca and @beck4u are a great resource to be in touch with!
US West - Central Valley-Turlock Monthly Meetup

Hey Grandad

Rank IV

Traveler III

Goodlettsville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cottom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello from Nash Vegas!

The other day, my Doctor said "You need to get a hobby." I am a semi-retired workaholic who has decided revisit the activities I enjoyed in the past. Fishing, camping and traveling the highways and byways. I feel confident this community can help fulfill my needs.

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello from Nash Vegas!

The other day, my Doctor said "You need to get a hobby." I am a semi-retired workaholic who has decided revisit the activities I enjoyed in the past. Fishing, camping and traveling the highways and byways. I feel confident this community can help fulfill my needs.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello from Nash Vegas!

Hallo Brian
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Nash Vegas!

Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

Rig: 2020 Ford Ranger
Experience: Novice
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys and gals of the Overland Bound universe!

So we are Tuk South, a group of 4 lads bringing three wheeler tuk tuks to the overland world. We are currently trying to wrestle our three wheeled friends from Kenya to Cape Town in South Africa. I cant wait to introduce ourselves

View attachment 224678View attachment 224679View attachment 224680
2) So we are Africa based at the moment. Kenya is home but we are half way through our journey to the southern tip of the continent, so i guess Malawi works
3) Rig - Lets bring out the big guns for this one - Piaggio Ape auto DX and Piaggio Ape Extra DX - 8.5hp of pure diesel power
4) Overlanding experience is pretty good, but nothing really prepares you for offroading in a tuk tuk
Interesting to say the least.
Our South African Regional Director will be interested in your adventure @Get Out GO
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Welcome guys, give me a shout if you have questions or need help with anything!

Hi guys and gals of the Overland Bound universe!

So we are Tuk South, a group of 4 lads bringing three wheeler tuk tuks to the overland world. We are currently trying to wrestle our three wheeled friends from Kenya to Cape Town in South Africa. I cant wait to introduce ourselves

View attachment 224678View attachment 224679View attachment 224680
2) So we are Africa based at the moment. Kenya is home but we are half way through our journey to the southern tip of the continent, so i guess Malawi works
3) Rig - Lets bring out the big guns for this one - Piaggio Ape auto DX and Piaggio Ape Extra DX - 8.5hp of pure diesel power
4) Overlanding experience is pretty good, but nothing really prepares you for offroading in a tuk tuk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Nash Vegas!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region” A great local resource is @Hank Outdoors
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Nash Vegas!

Hello Brian and welcome to Overland Bound!