Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello All from Kelowna, BC,

We (wife & myself) have been road trippers from the day we met in 1986.

Our first trip started out in Vancouver BC (where we both lived & grew up) with a few clothes and a Mazda 323 with no plan at all. A few days later we end up in San Francisco and the lifetime journey began.

We now find ourselves empty nesters with 3 adult sons, 2 daughter in laws & 2 grandsons all living 4 to 7 hours away. The past 4-5 years have been spent RVing, but a crowded RV site is not that much different than staying home.

The COVID travel restrictions have us searching for new adventures in our own backyard and overlanding seems to fit the bill, we currently own a 2015 Ram Sport (lifted on 35s), 2007 Suburban (future overlander?) and the bush buggy 1999 Suzuki Vitara (2 door).

I look forward to learning and sharing where I can.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Miriam+Axel

Rank 0

Contributor II

Berlin, Deutschland
First Name
Miriam
Last Name
Toedter
Hi you all, great to have found this forum! We are Miriam & Axel, a couple from Germany. We've been overlanding in Botswana & Namibia for a month a few years ago and plain loved it. Then we went to Australia for three months overlanding with a roof top tend all through western Australia. Now we're planning a four months overlanding trip to South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique. On YouTube we came across "Get out go", and he recommenden this forum, so here we are ;-)

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi you all, great to have found this forum! We are Miriam & Axel, a couple from Germany. We've been overlanding in Botswana & Namibia for a month a few years ago and plain loved it. Then we went to Australia for three months overlanding with a roof top tend all through western Australia. Now we're planning a four months overlanding trip to South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique. On YouTube we came across "Get out go", and he recommenden this forum, so here we are ;-)
Hello Miriam & Axel, welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Miriam and Axel, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks so I guess it's time to post. Names Jay & I am in South East Michigan.

What is now called over landing to me has always just been "camping". Currently setting up a new rig, 2020 F150 traded in a Jeep JK for it. Just picked up a used topper for it as I plan to camp out of the truck I do have a Gazelle T4 that is awesome and may still be used sometimes. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the OB1 community Jay!

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello,

My name is Dalton. A few years ago, camping and offroading we're both pretty foreign to me. Which is nuts because my home, the Black Hills of South Dakota, is phenomenal for both. I picked up a 2019 Ford Ranger a couple years ago and the wife and I have done some road trips in it, camping originally in a truck bed tent. We made it down to Moab, up to Theodore Roosevelt NP, and in our own backyard of Badlands NP. We picked up an RTT for Black Friday and I hoping to keep on traveling as our jobs allow.
Sounds like you have had a few good adventures. Welcome to the OB community, Dalton.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Somewhat new to this community but been exploring a few years. My name is Elliot. I have a 2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. It's served me well but looking to start building it out for longer, deeper trips. Located in the Southern CA area.
Welcome to the OB community, Elliott

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello - Just joined,

Have not built out a rig yet - but complete beginner trying to find trails/camping spots to try on an ambitious 4x2 RWD pickup with a 8ft long bed set-up. Obviously will not be nearly as off-road capable, but hoping to still utilize the rig to camp/light offroad when conditions are good. Located in Northern NJ.
I am currently floating the idea of buying a high-rise bed cap such as a Leer 122, and building a bedroom with pullout storage underneath as the main configuration for my overland rig. Until that is built, I plan to try tent-camping with my wife as a good starting point this spring season. Open to 4x2 do-able routes to check out/suggestions/tips on how I can get the most fun and adventure out of this platform, totally understand I am disadvantaged from a 4x2 set-up, but want to get community thoughts as well.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
Pics attached

2) Location (General area is fine)
Northern NJ

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2009 Ford F-150, XL, 4x2, 4.6L V8 Triton 2-valve, 4-spd auto, 8 ft bed, regular cab.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Complete novice, but looking to get the most out of my adventure-beater truck.
Welcome to the OB community!

The best vehicle to outfit and explore with is the one you have. The cap with built-ins sounds cool. Make sure you post some pics on here when you get it done. We'd like to see it.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hy Guys.. I been reading the forums for a while now but decided to join the discussion.
Been camping and hiking for years now, decided to get a trailer and start getting out there. Since SE PA is not the most exciting place to overland, I am still game to go out with the family to campgrounds and see where I can overland.
The truck is an 2004 Chevy suburban, not the jeep and 4runner that you see on these forums but it can get me out of jams. The trailer is a 2021 Opus OP4 which we love.
We are thinking about moving to where this can be a get up and go out adventure but that's another story.
I look forward to the discussions.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello All from Kelowna, BC,

We (wife & myself) have been road trippers from the day we met in 1986.

Our first trip started out in Vancouver BC (where we both lived & grew up) with a few clothes and a Mazda 323 with no plan at all. A few days later we end up in San Francisco and the lifetime journey began.

We now find ourselves empty nesters with 3 adult sons, 2 daughter in laws & 2 grandsons all living 4 to 7 hours away. The past 4-5 years have been spent RVing, but a crowded RV site is not that much different than staying home.

The COVID travel restrictions have us searching for new adventures in our own backyard and overlanding seems to fit the bill, we currently own a 2015 Ram Sport (lifted on 35s), 2007 Suburban (future overlander?) and the bush buggy 1999 Suzuki Vitara (2 door).

I look forward to learning and sharing where I can.
Welcome to the OB community.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Welcome to the OB community, Miriam and Axel.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Miriam and Axel
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hy Guys.. I been reading the forums for a while now but decided to join the discussion.
Been camping and hiking for years now, decided to get a trailer and start getting out there. Since SE PA is not the most exciting place to overland, I am still game to go out with the family to campgrounds and see where I can overland.
The truck is an 2004 Chevy suburban, not the jeep and 4runner that you see on these forums but it can get me out of jams. The trailer is a 2021 Opus OP4 which we love.
We are thinking about moving to where this can be a get up and go out adventure but that's another story.
Hallo Dre
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Dre, welcome to Overland Bound.