Contributor III

Santa Maria, Santa Barbara County, California, United States
First Name
Art
Last Name
Plascencia
Hello All,

New member here from Santa Maria, CA.
My stable includes a 5th Gen 4Runner and a Jeep TJ.
Experienced camper but very little Overlanding Experience.
Looking to meet like-minded individuals and get out on some trails.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello new friends,

My name is joe and I am moderately new to overlanding. I have done road trips and car camped for years but never thought much of it till I started learning more about it. I just bought my first vehicle that I am specifically building for overland trips.

- I have a 2012 Jeep JK. I specifically went with the 2 door to keep my rig small and I prefer the short wheel base. My son, Hawkins, has named my Jeep "Char" because he says it's cool like Charmander from Pokemon.
- I live in Pearl, MS but I was raised in Portland, OR before moving to New Orleans, LA, but when I was 15 Hurricane Katrina moved me to the central MS area.
- When it comes to experience, I would say I am a moderate beginner. Moderate experience because I have done lots of trips mainly on paved roads, but beginner because I am looking to build out my Jeep for more dedicated off road overlanding.View attachment 215513 This is ole girl "Char"
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All,

New member here from Santa Maria, CA.
My stable includes a 5th Gen 4Runner and a Jeep TJ.
Experienced camper but very little Overlanding Experience.
Looking to meet like-minded individuals and get out on some trails.
Hello Art, welcome to the OB family.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hello new friends,

My name is joe and I am moderately new to overlanding. I have done road trips and car camped for years but never thought much of it till I started learning more about it. I just bought my first vehicle that I am specifically building for overland trips.

- I have a 2012 Jeep JK. I specifically went with the 2 door to keep my rig small and I prefer the short wheel base. My son, Hawkins, has named my Jeep "Char" because he says it's cool like Charmander from Pokemon.
- I live in Pearl, MS but I was raised in Portland, OR before moving to New Orleans, LA, but when I was 15 Hurricane Katrina moved me to the central MS area.
- When it comes to experience, I would say I am a moderate beginner. Moderate experience because I have done lots of trips mainly on paved roads, but beginner because I am looking to build out my Jeep for more dedicated off road overlanding.View attachment 215513 This is ole girl "Char"
Welcome to the OB family Joe. I lived in the Portland OR area for 20 years before moving back to Colorado.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello! My name is Steve G. I'm very interested in learning from all you folks that have done some offroading with a trailer. Mine isn't really setup to get into rough stuff, but I did take it up a few washed out roads this summer up here in the Pacific NW. Thanks for having me!
Welcome from Germany Steve! There is a lot of information on trailers here. You've come to the right place. Safe Travels!

Rick

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! My name is Steve G. I'm very interested in learning from all you folks that have done some offroading with a trailer. Mine isn't really setup to get into rough stuff, but I did take it up a few washed out roads this summer up here in the Pacific NW. Thanks for having me!
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve
A good place to ask you question about trailers might be;
Overland Q&A
Overland Rigs
Overland General Discussion

Here are some other links that might help you navigate the forum.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com