Enthusiast III

Cortland, Cortland County, New York, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Serrao
Member #

Hey all,

My name is Dan Serrao. I am in the process of building a truck camper in my 2003 Chevy Silverado. I currently have a Leer utility cap with a metal bed frame for overnights. I use two totes, one for food and one for cooking utensils. They slide underneath the bed frame. I have a car refrigerator and a Bluetti EB70 power station. I have only been out once with this setup. I am retired and l look forward to many more outings. My goal is to eventually build out a plywood setup to give myself more room in the cap.
Welcome to OB Dan! Sounds like your off to a great start outfitting your rig!
Thanks Dave. It's liveable. I'm having fun ironing out the kinks.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys,
Bought a 97 land cruiser at the beginning of the pandemic - fearing for the impending zombie apocalypse - no camping in it yet :/

1997 triple locked no roof rack black Toyota Land Cruiser

I used to camp all the time when younger. Now it's time for my little ones to do the same, but in a land cruiser!

Coming out of Long Island NY
Hello Alex, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone I’m new here!! So here’s a little bit about me.

I’m based in New Brunswick Canada
My rig currently is a stock 2016 jeep Cherokee sport 4x4 and I’m in the process of building it up the way I want.
My experience of off-roading/over landing started with a four wheeler then went to trucks with needing to go to remote locations and I enjoyed it I’ve loved the off-road community and love adventures and heard about over landing one day. I’d say I’m new to off road driving but not that new I’m learning and picking up tricks here and there here’s a picture of my rig as it stands and I have a Instagram page for the build progress and adventures I go on. Cheers

Instagram:@that_kl_cherokee
Hello Noah, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Jeff & Ginger. We've been doing small 3-4 day trips for about 7 years in our modified 2014 Wrangler Rubicon.
We're preparing to add a trailer soon to make room for our dog Jax.
Fellow Jeep owners may know us as Blue Baby Sound on several Jeep forums.

Thanks for having us!

Hello Jeff & Ginger, welcome to the OB family.

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Hello new friends,

My name is joe and I am moderately new to overlanding. I have done road trips and car camped for years but never thought much of it till I started learning more about it. I just bought my first vehicle that I am specifically building for overland trips.

- I have a 2012 Jeep JK. I specifically went with the 2 door to keep my rig small and I prefer the short wheel base. My son, Hawkins, has named my Jeep "Char" because he says it's cool like Charmander from Pokemon.
- I live in Pearl, MS but I was raised in Portland, OR before moving to New Orleans, LA, but when I was 15 Hurricane Katrina moved me to the central MS area.
- When it comes to experience, I would say I am a moderate beginner. Moderate experience because I have done lots of trips mainly on paved roads, but beginner because I am looking to build out my Jeep for more dedicated off road overlanding.7D933CA3-D7E7-4D94-81C0-07A43B114805.JPG This is ole girl "Char"

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Hello new friends,

My name is joe and I am moderately new to overlanding. I have done road trips and car camped for years but never thought much of it till I started learning more about it. I just bought my first vehicle that I am specifically building for overland trips.

- I have a 2012 Jeep JK. I specifically went with the 2 door to keep my rig small and I prefer the short wheel base. My son, Hawkins, has named my Jeep "Char" because he says it's cool like Charmander from Pokemon.
- I live in Pearl, MS but I was raised in Portland, OR before moving to New Orleans, LA, but when I was 15 Hurricane Katrina moved me to the central MS area.
- When it comes to experience, I would say I am a moderate beginner. Moderate experience because I have done lots of trips mainly on paved roads, but beginner because I am looking to build out my Jeep for more dedicated off road overlanding.View attachment 215513 This is ole girl "Char"
Welcome to the OB Community Joe! Good looking jeep and a great platform to build from!

Dave Purvis

Rank VII

Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

Hello from Jeff & Ginger. We've been doing small 3-4 day trips for about 7 years in our modified 2014 Wrangler Rubicon.

Thanks for having us!

Welcome, Jeff & Ginger, to the Overland Bound community!

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps

Thanks for having us!

Nice rig! Welcome to OB!

Todd32x

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

York County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Beckley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3THB
Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Hello new friends,

- When it comes to experience, I would say I am a moderate beginner. Moderate experience because I have done lots of trips mainly on paved roads, but beginner because I am looking to build out my Jeep for more dedicated off road overlanding.View attachment 215513 This is ole girl "Char"
Welcome to the OB community Joe! It’s always great to see another Jeep!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello new friends,

Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello new friends,

Welcome To Overland Bound Joe
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Rig: None yet. Doing the research.

Experience: None Yet! Retired Navy 20 years ago and researching about ways of getting out of the rat race.
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello new friends,

Welcome to OB Joe! Congrats on the purchase. Nothing like a blank canvas…

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E

Rig: None yet. Doing the research.

Experience: None Yet! Retired Navy 20 years ago and researching about ways of getting out of the rat race.
Welcome from Germany. Good luck on the researching both fronts - vehicle and exiting the rat race!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello new friends,

Greetings Joe and welcome to Overland Bound!