DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
HI! My name is Austin. I'm a Firefighter, Entrepreneur, and independent creator with a lifelong interest in Adventure, Off-roading, and Overlanding. I started "Overlanding" mid 2003 with an old beat up Ford Ranger 4x4. Recently in 2020, as a project to share my Overlanding enthusiasm and help others I started social media endeavors. We have the major 4, just google us...

Current Vehicle:
2018 Toyota Tundra Flatbed
2020 Four Wheel Camper
(heavily modded for adventure purposes)

Offroad/Overlanding Experience: Mucho

View attachment 193016
What brand & model is your antenna.?.is it VHF/UHF? I'm hunting for one and I like the way that one looks.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all, I'm Joe! New to the forum, and novice overlander but have loved every second of being out there in my rig so far and can't wait to continue my build. Driving a Tacoma TRD Off Road, current resident of GA after a recent move from Carolina so I've been loving everything the Blue Ridges have to offer. Excited to be a part of the community!
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is John I live in the So Cal area I drive a 2016 tacoma and am very much a beginner to overlanding. I look forward to learning more and doing more with overlanding
Welcome to Overland Bound John
You should remove your address from your profile and only have the town on it.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ellsinore, MO
1994 Ford bronco
No experience ready to learn
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 in MO and and if you travel south @BlueLineOverland in AR.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I'm Joe! New to the forum, and novice overlander but have loved every second of being out there in my rig so far and can't wait to continue my build. Driving a Tacoma TRD Off Road, current resident of GA after a recent move from Carolina so I've been loving everything the Blue Ridges have to offer. Excited to be a part of the community!
Welcome To Overland Bound Joe
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! My name is Sutton and I just picked up a pretty kitted out rig as building wasn't really an option as I am a bit of a nomad with the WFH craze given the past year (will eventually be in NYC area). Novice Overlander but always had a car obsession while loving the outdoors, so why not combine them! Meet Rosie the Raptor!
Welcome to Overland Bound Sutton
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings! I am Dale and I am from East Tn around the door of the Cherokee National Forest. I have had my 2016 Jeep JKU for about a year and just getting into overlanding. I’m excited about this new resource and meeting more people in the community!
Welcome To Overland Bound Dale
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors, Hank is a wealth of Overlanding knowledge and a great resource for trips and meet-ups.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey All!

My names Ryan, and I bounce around WA State mostly and dabble into Oregon. I also am the Regional Sales Manager for REDARC Electronics for the West! I’m here to get to know the community especially in the NW, and help out with any questions I can answer about our products. Looking forward to getting out to local events or meeting up with y’all when it’s safe.
Hey Ryan - SO nice to have someone from REDARC Electronics on-site here. You'll be much better able to explain things in concise ways than many of us. I've met some of you (REDARC folks) at Overland Expo in years past and always enjoyed both discussing options and listening to them explain things to others.

Welcome! There are several adventure sites that would welcome your expertise.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey Ryan - SO nice to have someone from REDARC Electronics on-site here. You'll be much better able to explain things in concise ways than many of us. I've met some of you (REDARC folks) at Overland Expo in years past and always enjoyed both discussing options and listening to them explain things to others.

Yes Indeed!!!

REDARC_Ryan

Rank III

Advocate I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Thurston

It's great to be able to interact with the community, we love to hear about our products in the wild!
We will be at all the Overland Expos and major events this year, if you see the booth stop by and grab some swag.

What other sites do you think we should be on?

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

It's great to be able to interact with the community, we love to hear about our products in the wild!
We will be at all the Overland Expos and major events this year, if you see the booth stop by and grab some swag.

If not on there already, other adventure sites include:
- American Adventurist: started by a great guy with tons of experience around the world, who leads recovery workshops and more, and is International 4WD Trainers Association Certified Trainer and Tread Lightly! Master Tread Trainer. Tell 'em @Road suggested you join. It's a small enough group they'll know who you mean.
- Expedition Portal: founded in 2005 by Scott Brady, a world traveler with tons of experience who heads up Overland International, which has published Overland Journal since 2007; "an archive quality, journal format publication dedicated to expedition travel and exploration in North America and around the world." Very active forum with all sorts of opinions and threads in which to express them. Usually 1,000 or more on at most times.
- Steel Soldiers: dedicated primarily to military vehicles, though has an interesting Non-Military Vehicles section
- ih8mud: I'm not active there so can't vouch one way or the other. Has a dedicated Accessories - Electronics - Recovery forum
- there are a mess of vehicle specific forums for Tacomas, Jeeps, 4runners, and on and on.

Some have Vendor forums as part of their site.

Good luck!

REDARC_Ryan

Rank III

Advocate I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Thurston

If not on there already, other adventure sites include:
- American Adventurist: started by a great guy with tons of experience around the world, who leads recovery workshops and more, and is International 4WD Trainers Association Certified Trainer and Tread Lightly! Master Tread Trainer. Tell 'em @Road suggested you join. It's a small enough group they'll know who you mean.
- Expedition Portal: founded in 2005 by Scott Brady, a world traveler with tons of experience who heads up Overland International, which has published Overland Journal since 2007; "an archive quality, journal format publication dedicated to expedition travel and exploration in North America and around the world." Very active forum with all sorts of opinions and threads in which to express them. Usually 1,000 or more on at most times.
- Steel Soldiers: dedicated primarily to military vehicles, though has an interesting Non-Military Vehicles section
- ih8mud: I'm not active there so can't vouch one way or the other. Has a dedicated Accessories - Electronics - Recovery forum
- there are a mess of vehicle specific forums for Tacomas, Jeeps, 4runners, and on and on.

Some have Vendor forums as part of their site.

Good luck!
Thanks Road! I’ll check these out.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on REDARC Products!