Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Clark... I live in Santa Cruz, CA. I've been overlanding for over 40 years... well we called it 4 wheeling then. Started with a '69 Landcruiser... slept under the stars and under the 'cruiser when it rained... yes, you heard that correctly... that was actually our planned place to sleep. Then went to a '75 Landrcruiser with a Chevy 350... until the higher RPMs spun some of the bearings in the stock 4 speed transmission, fixed it myself then sold it. Then to a 72 Chevy Blazer. At least I could sleep inside then... Now...

Now I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra Limited TRD with a custom All-Terrain camper... the first one they sold. I have it modified for me and I'll never sell it. It'll go most anywhere I ask.

I generally take my time at camping...traveling...and generally enjoying myself... retired Parks Administrator and business owner... currently spend time in my shop, in the yard and learning archery.

I'll try to attach a pic of the camper...View attachment 192941
Welcome to Overland Bound Clark
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody! Happy to have finally joined the community! Here’s my info and a few pics of the rigs:

Rigs: 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary
1993 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Overlanding experience: Fairly new to the term overland but very experienced in off-road travel and multi-day camping

View attachment 192920View attachment 192925View attachment 192921View attachment 192923
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy all! I’m a novice at off-roading and overlanding but excited to get started. A lot of outdoor experience even if it isn’t recent enough. Setting up a 2016 Wrangler JKU for a camping rig and hopefully some overlanding sooner rather than later. Traveling for work right now so the Jeep pic will get posted later.

Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
Hello Matthew, welcome to the community.

Reactions: Blademjr

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!

Everything overlanding I do is with my dad until I graduate high school, so that's what I mean when I say our car. We live in Oakland, CA. The whole family is very outdoorsy, but my dad and I got into overlanding mostly by ending up with this car about a year ago. A drunk driver totaled our Mazda CX-9 in November 2019 at a red light coming off a highway, and we found this great used 2013 Grand Cherokee, which besides being a great SUV for road trips, is pretty capable on Forest Service roads and medium off roading!

We are keeping it mostly stock so it's still practical for 80 mph highway cruising and running around town. We got tires (not displayed), and some protection underneath would be nice, but for now we know to turn around when it gets too technical.

View attachment 191998
There it is in Stanislaus NF right before winter with those old highway tires haha.

We have the camping part down from years and years of past trips, so now it's all about the exploring! We did much of Mendocino and Stanislaus NFs in 2020 and our first 2021 trip is going to be Death Valley. We're excited to learn more from you all!
Hello Elan, welcome to the community.

Reactions: Kent R

olekalander

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dayton, OH, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Frazer
Hello all, just another noobie here!
Never even knew a community like this existed and but unlike other individuals im here to read/listen more than type/talk.

Dont have a pic yet, but theres not much too see currently(everything is stock)
I live in Dayton, OH
2014 subaru outback 2.5i premium
Complete noob, hoping to become a competent traveler someday.

First and foremost id like to connect with some fellow overlanders in the area about places to go,camp, and explore since the only place im aware of near me are the Hanging Rock OHV trails down in Wayne National Forest.

Second anyone who has the same rig as mine PLEASE feel free to message me about advice on as Im currently looking to get some kind of lift kit and rock sliders but have no idea what too look for. Im trying to explore North America with this thing over the next 5yrs so any and all pertinent info welcome.
Disclaimer: this is my DD (and im just a workin stiff like alot of us are), so I dont exactly have alotta $$$ to throw at it currently.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is Alfredo turci, I live in New Jersey are used to have a jeep Willy when I was a teenager now I’m trying to come back to angel enjoy the outdoors. I I only have a dual sport motorcycle right now to enjoy the outdoors
Welcome to Overland Bound Alfredo
The MVUM maps on the app should be very helpful to a Duel Sport rider, they are updated monthly and will provide the current information about the trail.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Hope to gain valuable information here. From Tampa FL and planning as many trips in my Mojave and 8’ cargo trailer as possible.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Never even knew a community like this existed and but unlike other individuals im here to read/listen more than type/talk.

I live in Dayton, OH

First and foremost id like to connect with some fellow overlanders in the area about places to go,camp, and explore since the only place im aware of near me are the Hanging Rock OHV trails down in Wayne National Forest.

Second anyone who has the same rig as mine PLEASE feel free to message me about advice on as Im currently looking to get some kind of lift kit and rock sliders but have no idea what too look for. Im trying to explore North America with this thing over the next 5yrs so any and all pertinent info welcome.
Disclaimer: this is my DD (and im just a workin stiff like alot of us are), so I dont exactly have alotta $$$ to throw at it currently.
Hello Andrew, welcome to the community, trailsoffroad.com for local places to go have fun.

ML8030

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Corpus Christi, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Luna
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Hello Y'all, I'm Mike from Corpus Christi, TX. I'm now retired from the fire department and am seeking new adventures.
My experience overlanding is limited, but I've owned several 4x4's (3 Jeep Cherokee's Classics and a couple of Jeep Liberty's)
My current rig is a 2008 Lexus GX470. Rig Pix to follow.
I love to head down the beach locally for some beach camping and surf fishing.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Y'all, I'm Mike from Corpus Christi, TX. I'm now retired from the fire department and am seeking new adventures.
My experience overlanding is limited, but I've owned several 4x4's (3 Jeep Cherokee's Classics and a couple of Jeep Liberty's)
My current rig is a 2008 Lexus GX470. Rig Pix to follow.
I love to head down the beach locally for some beach camping and surf fishing.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
I bet you love not having tones go off all night, it was hard for me to get used to.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I live in Dayton, OH

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
In regards to your question about rigs like yours, try this out;
Subaru Owners Registry

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: none yet looking at Tacoma Off-road
Previous Vehicle: to many to list
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I enjoy the outdoors, I like camping and exploring.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2019 DCSB TRD Offroad
Complete Novice!
I look forward to learning from y'all and getting out and exploring.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
My name is Clark... I live in Santa Cruz, CA. I've been overlanding for over 40 years... well we called it 4 wheeling then. Started with a '69 Landcruiser... slept under the stars and under the 'cruiser when it rained... yes, you heard that correctly... that was actually our planned place to sleep. Then went to a '75 Landrcruiser with a Chevy 350... until the higher RPMs spun some of the bearings in the stock 4 speed transmission, fixed it myself then sold it. Then to a 72 Chevy Blazer. At least I could sleep inside then... Now...

Now I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra Limited TRD with a custom All-Terrain camper... the first one they sold. I have it modified for me and I'll never sell it. It'll go most anywhere I ask.

I generally take my time at camping...traveling...and generally enjoying myself... retired Parks Administrator and business owner... currently spend time in my shop, in the yard and learning archery.

I'll try to attach a pic of the camper...View attachment 192941
Hi Clark, nice rig and looks like a great home on wheels you’ve dialed in for yourself. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Our next meet up will be April 11th, 1-3pm. Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello Everyone! I am excited to finally join! I am based out of Centennial Colorado. My current rig is 2020 Jeep Gladiator. I am off-roader converted to overlanding about 5 years ago. I enjoy getting out and enjoying Colorado and the southwest.
Hello neighbor! For sure you rig is easy to recognize, I will make sure to honk at you if I see you around town! :D

RedWagon

Rank I

Contributor I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Hi all, Rob from Vancouver WA, just a bit north of Portland, OR. I have an 06 Forester, mild lift and decent tires.
Only one real overland trip (central Oregon, back in 2018, following a tricked out 4Runner lol), but looking to do more.
I love just getting out and exploring the back roads of South Washington, mostly the Gifford Pinchot national forest area.
The Subaru has been surprisingly good so far. The only time I've gotten stuck was in 14+ inches of snow.
My normal adventure buddy is moving to Texas, so I am looking to meet new people to adventure with.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi all, Rob from Vancouver WA, just a bit north of Portland, OR. I have an 06 Forester, mild lift and decent tires.
Only one real overland trip (central Oregon, back in 2018, following a tricked out 4Runner lol), but looking to do more.
I love just getting out and exploring the back roads of South Washington, mostly the Gifford Pinchot national forest area.
The Subaru has been surprisingly good so far. The only time I've gotten stuck was in 14+ inches of snow.
My normal adventure buddy is moving to Texas, so I am looking to meet new people to adventure with.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Likaboss302

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello! My name is William and this is my wife Aleeah. Ive always had mustangs as that is my passion but this past week I traded it in on a 18 Colorado crew cab 4x4 and it is still bone stock. I’m pretty novice at overlanding. The most off-roading thing I’ve done is driving my sxs (side by side) in the mud parks here in nc. But I’ve always watched videos of overlanding and always wanted to do it! We are out here in south eastern North Carolina near Wilmington! And I’m looking for things I should do to my truck.

Attachments