Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Looking forward to joining the group, I own an FJ40 here in Idaho
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @David H @Sandpoint Steve are members representatives.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

rbmacp

Rank I

Contributor III

North Carolina
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
MacPherson
Hello from the northwest piedmont of North Carolina. Just getting started in overlanding, and have seen several videos produced by OB, so this seemed like a great group to join. My vehicle is a 3rd Gen 4Runner, currently getting a complete frame replacement (we know why...), but the scope creep added a lifted suspension, exhaust, bushings etc., front and rear bumpers....a great financial decision only because it will be a fantastic vehicle for many more enjoyable miles and adventures. I look forward to meeting many here and on the trail!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello from the northwest piedmont of North Carolina. Just getting started in overlanding, and have seen several videos produced by OB, so this seemed like a great group to join. My vehicle is a 3rd Gen 4Runner, currently getting a complete frame replacement (we know why...), but the scope creep added a lifted suspension, exhaust, bushings etc., front and rear bumpers....a great financial decision only because it will be a fantastic vehicle for many more enjoyable miles and adventures. I look forward to meeting many here and on the trail!
Welcome to the OB crew, if you want to get started on your overlanding journey, wander over to the about Camp threads here in the forums, there is quite a bit of useful information there. Do not be afraid to ask questions, the experienced overlanders here willingly offer advice and share their knowledge.

Reactions: Kent R and Jet9RDO

Tacomama

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Hays, Texas, USA
First Name
Paige
Last Name
Oliverio
Member #

THANKS FOR THE ADD! Paige here. I used to overland before it was called that, maybe, and I'm so excited to start a new chapter in life where I get to make my life outdoors centeric FIRST. And I'm determined to bring my kiddo into the way of life as a way of being.

For now I've got a 2008 Taco that I'm about to start building. I spent several years thinking Subarus were enough for me. They're still awesome, but I'm never looking back after switching to a 4x4 and feeling that thrill. So...we're gearing up for a long road ahead and long life together!!

She's pretty base right now. Wait 6 months...things are about to change!

Attachments

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Welcome from Arkansas!!!!

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I guess I start here:

Just the basics - just took delivery of a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison. We're very excited! Previously had a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 that we were building for overlanding but decided to go whole-hog and get a Bison. We used to be heavily into exploring with a 2007 FJ Cruiser but life got in the way for a few years. Excited to get back into it!

Glacierdog

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Sisters, Deschutes County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nygren
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KJK
THANKS FOR THE ADD! Paige here. I used to overland before it was called that, maybe, and I'm so excited to start a new chapter in life where I get to make my life outdoors centeric FIRST. And I'm determined to bring my kiddo into the way of life as a way of being.

For now I've got a 2008 Taco that I'm about to start building. I spent several years thinking Subarus were enough for me. They're still awesome, but I'm never looking back after switching to a 4x4 and feeling that thrill. So...we're gearing up for a long road ahead and long life together!!

I know that feeling well. It never gets old. Stay safe! Keep your adventure on!

Reactions: Kent R

Jet9RDO

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
King
Member #

hey rbmacp- Welcome! I’m in Greensboro. 09 Honda Element, just built/building it and getting into overlanding. Sounds like an awesome project.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I guess I start here:

Just the basics - just took delivery of a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison. We're very excited! Previously had a 2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 that we were building for overlanding but decided to go whole-hog and get a Bison. We used to be heavily into exploring with a 2007 FJ Cruiser but life got in the way for a few years. Excited to get back into it!
Welcome!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I guess I start here:

Nice truck. One of the guys in our semi regular group has a 2019 ZR2.

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew, head over to the Boot Camp threads in the forums, there is a lot of great information there and ask questions, plenty of experienced overlanders who love to share their wisdom and advice.

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I guess I start here:

Nice truck. One of the guys in our semi regular group has a 2019 ZR2.
Welcome!!!!

Great_White_Bison

Rank III

Advocate III

Hope Mills, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rondel
Member #

I guess I start here:

Hey there! I also have a Bison! You’re going to love how capable it is!

Reactions: Kent R and TheBison

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I guess I start here:

Welcome to the OB crew

Timber Wolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey, United States
First Name
Vito
Last Name
Cappelluti
Member #

I guess I start here:

Welcome!
Welcome!