Connecticut
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Jeffries
Member #

Hi OB Community,

daveblademan here from CT .. currently have a 2016 Jeep Sahara with:
Mods: 3.5 AEV lift kit, 35" Ridge Grappler tyres, 20" Raceline wheels, dual battery, SPoD, Onboard ARB compressor, AEV Snorkel, Frontrunner slimline rack, Tepui RTT, AEV front bumper, rear bumper with tyre carrier, maxtrax etc etc..
Overlanding experience ?: not a rock crawler ! but overloading, some.. however CT doesn't have the accessibility like Southern CA :-( so the nearest 'playground' seems to be Maine..
Next challenge: I've a 2002 Ford Explorer that I'd like to lift, new wheel/tyres etc and do some level of overloading with (now the kids can drive)... but researching like heck on just what is doable...
Ultimate desire: would LOVE to get my hands on a 110 Defender and see what can be done, but loving the Jeep life currently...I'm hooked

AAA72415-D4D6-4A99-9117-FDE0928AFBCA.JPG

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi OB Community,

Mods: 3.5 AEV lift kit, 35" Ridge Grappler tyres, 20" Raceline wheels, dual battery, SPoD, Onboard ARB compressor, AEV Snorkel, Frontrunner slimline rack, Tepui RTT, AEV front bumper, rear bumper with tyre carrier, maxtrax etc etc..
Overlanding experience ?: not a rock crawler ! but overloading, some.. however CT doesn't have the accessibility like Southern CA :-( so the nearest 'playground' seems to be Maine..
Next challenge: I've a 2002 Ford Explorer that I'd like to lift, new wheel/tyres etc and do some level of overloading with (now the kids can drive)... but researching like heck on just what is doable...
Ultimate desire: would LOVE to get my hands on a 110 Defender and see what can be done, but loving the Jeep life currently...I'm hooked

View attachment 184685
Welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Greg (@Goyo ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in Texas you are but we have a couple of meet ups around the state.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Rep, @USStrongman is another based out of west Texas, so if you have any questions let us know.

Lex77

Rank I

Enthusiast I

SE, PA
First Name
David
Last Name
K
Hello OB crew!
New member here... name is Dave
Live in SE Pennsylvania
Own a Jeep Gladiator which is my fourth Jeep. Previously owned a '94 YJ, '00 TJ and '12 JK
Extreme novice to Overlanding... never been camping (besides a cabin), but have a strong desire to get out and get away from everyday life.
Some experience four wheeling as I build my rigs for the trails, not the malls. Paragon (now closed) and Rausch Creek are the Offroad Parks where I learned.
I'm more interested now in meeting new people and enjoying the outdoors. Looking forward to some day/weekend adventures and possibly join the TAT trip in June.
IMG_1777 (2).JPG

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hello OB crew!
Live in SE Pennsylvania
Own a Jeep Gladiator which is my fourth Jeep. Previously owned a '94 YJ, '00 TJ and '12 JK
Extreme novice to Overlanding... never been camping (besides a cabin), but have a strong desire to get out and get away from everyday life.
Some experience four wheeling as I build my rigs for the trails, not the malls. Paragon (now closed) and Rausch Creek are the Offroad Parks where I learned.
I'm more interested now in meeting new people and enjoying the outdoors. Looking forward to some day/weekend adventures and possibly join the TAT trip in June.
View attachment 184747
Welcome to the OB crew Dave, if you are looking to jump start your overlanding knowledge, head over to theBoot Camp section of the forums and read the articles there, ask plenty of questions, we have tons of seasoned overlanders that are willing to answer questions and offer advice.

Bmcintyre9

Rank III

Enthusiast I

California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McIntyre
Member #

Hey ya’ll I’m Brian, I’m an ER RN who recently got back into Jeepin’ my wife and we had a 4 door JK that we sold when we started doing travel nursing. We recently purchased a 2 door JK rubcion 6 speed and have been learning about overlanding and totally dig it! We are currently in Southern California in the Palm Springs area. I’ve done a handful of upgrades to our JK thus far, including a 10th anniversary front bumper, warn mid height bumper bar, badlands 12k synthetic winch, quadratic headlights and fogs, Lux lighting rock lights, dometic cd30 drawer fridge, aqua Reese bumper conversion, old man emu 2.5 HD lift with teraflex shocks, solar battery charger, RC switch pod, hood light bar and A pillar light bar. Currently have 33” tires, looking to upgrade to 35” tires. I plumbed the rear bumper with a sea flow pump
To have running water that comes out of the license plate mount. The pump is powered by a solar generator. I also have a trail rack and ACE engineering standalone tire carrier with some
Rotopax. Looking forward to meeting some like minded people and exploring so-cal!

Attachments

T. Stanley

Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey ya’ll I’m Brian, I’m an ER RN who recently got back into Jeepin’ my wife and we had a 4 door JK that we sold when we started doing travel nursing. We recently purchased a 2 door JK rubcion 6 speed and have been learning about overlanding and totally dig it! We are currently in Southern California in the Palm Springs area. I’ve done a handful of upgrades to our JK thus far, including a 10th anniversary front bumper, warn mid height bumper bar, badlands 12k synthetic winch, quadratic headlights and fogs, Lux lighting rock lights, dometic cd30 drawer fridge, aqua Reese bumper conversion, old man emu 2.5 HD lift with teraflex shocks, solar battery charger, RC switch pod, hood light bar and A pillar light bar. Currently have 33” tires, looking to upgrade to 35” tires. I plumbed the rear bumper with a sea flow pump
To have running water that comes out of the license plate mount. The pump is powered by a solar generator. I also have a trail rack and ACE engineering standalone tire carrier with some
Rotopax. Looking forward to meeting some like minded people and exploring so-cal!
Welcome to the OB crew

Bmcintyre9

Rank III

Enthusiast I

California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McIntyre
Member #

Welcome to the OB crew
Thanks brother

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Brice S.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB crew!
Live in SE Pennsylvania
View attachment 184747
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi OB Community,

View attachment 184685
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB community. Great looking rig.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello OB crew!
Live in SE Pennsylvania
View attachment 184747
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi OB Community,

View attachment 184685
Hello Dave, welcome to the OB community.

Cowboyupdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Torrington, CT
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Vonrichthofen
Member #

Welcome to the community. There are more and more people joining in the area. I am going to plan a trip soon for April or may. Been busy with house renovations lately. Keep an eye out for a meet and greet in the near future
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course[/QUOTE]

GB