Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Location( Carson, CA)
Rig (2018 Silverado 4x4 z71 with Icon stage 3 lift)
Overlanding Experience Background Have been off roading and camping since I was a young boy with my dad. Been out of it for 10 yrs bought my rig new and started to get back into it
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail, or at a meetup.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone, it's great to finally be here.

I'm Huey and from the SF Bay Area, CA. I've been wheeling since 2017.
My rig is a 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4-door.
Started with rockcrawling and gradually grew into overlanding.
My last trip was a Death Valley expedition.
Just finished building a utility cabinet for the trunk so can't wait to use it soon!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

There are at least two local meetups within driving distance of your location. There is The Tru-Valley Meetup & the North bay meetup in the Rohnert Part area. Refer to Rally Points or the member calendar for further information.

I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail, or at a meetup.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey All! New here and new-ish to California. Previously I was big into the rock crawling scene but always had more fun with destination trips and camping. I am currently using my 1998 Silverado as my overlanding rig until I finish building my more dedicated 1974 Plymouth Trailduster with new tech. I live just minutes from the Sierra Nevada mountains and love the idea of being to explore the trails and dispersed camping.

Look forward to getting started with the new hobby!
Valley springs! My friend a Jim owns a little thrift shop in town. Welcome! You’ve got 2 great meet ups not too far from you that @Magic Mike and @Kent R run. Welcome

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wilsonville, Oregon.
2004 F-150 currently. (Working on a new Diesel4 door Rubicon)
Had a TJ. Glad to have found you.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Greenebelly

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not sure if this is where I introduce myself....My name is lyn, I live in Napa Ca and drive a 2015 chevy silverado 1500 4x4. I call my truck big lenny. I backpack quite a bit and wanted to have a more comfortable setup and not so many hiking miles. My dogs name is Iggy . New to all of this and just getting started.
Welcome to Overland Bound Lyn.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
There is a new meet-up that started in Sonoma County you might be interested in, keep an eye on the meet-up page for up to date information.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Jmisslyn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

Lex here, new to Overland scene but really excited to get out there & explore. My current rig in an Merc 2016 G wagon daily + Overland vehicle, currently getting her ready for future overland trips. I still have some old equipment that Im going to use when I used to go camping . But I know I’m going to need recovery gears too. All thanks to the Overland Bound YouTube videos . Hope to meet & see you guys out there.
View attachment 160938
Welcome to Overland Bound Lex
If you could narrow down your location a little bit we can help you with local information.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is
SoCal @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy y'all! Just joined and wanted to say hi!

Looking forward to getting to know my fellow travelers better.

This is me and my 2016 Tacoma on the top of Duchesne Ridge in the Uintah Mountains last year!

View attachment 160923
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Reactions: LoneStar

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overlander for 10ish years Ive gone from the 2 seater tj to a 2018 yodarunner named "loafer". Joining the crew is like an incentive package for us to get out and explore. I have yet to convince the wife that the 1989 American Outbacker trailer is still worthy of the loafer tow behind status. the only Mod so far is my GPS system which is a Dual XGPS Receiver mated to an iPad dash mounted with Wiz magnetic clips.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Roam Wild Overland
FYI, All Overland Expo shows in the US have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad I found Overland Bound. really excited to be here as well as learn and get to share and read up on some adventures.
I drive a 2nd Gen Taco and am currently working on adding to my baby. I stay in the Los Angeles area. although I grew up in the city I have always been very active outdoors. love going camping, fishing, snowboarding, rafting and hiking to name a few. it is my twin brother who motivated me to try an overlanding trip and now I'm hooked. I'm just starting out and any advice would help. thanks in advance!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jesse
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Reactions: Jesse Cruz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy!!!

Proud new member! 25101

Home Base: Spring, TX

2018 Outback ADF 2” lift, 245/60R18 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails

Basically a novice in this space! I just love getting out and seeing new places.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All! New here and new-ish to California. Previously I was big into the rock crawling scene but always had more fun with destination trips and camping. I am currently using my 1998 Silverado as my overlanding rig until I finish building my more dedicated 1974 Plymouth Trailduster with new tech. I live just minutes from the Sierra Nevada mountains and love the idea of being to explore the trails and dispersed camping.

Look forward to getting started with the new hobby!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Some local meet-ups you might be interested in:
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone my name is Rick. I am located in Los Angeles CA. I am very new to over landing just purchased my rig in December.

Rig is a 1996 LA cruiser tripple locked. 3 inch lift on 35's. Really excited to start modding it and taking it out on some adventures.View attachment 160890
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

My name is Rich and I’m located about 15 miles north of Denver, CO

Rig is a Colorado ZR2. I’m new to the overland community and 4wheeling. I spent a lot of my years before on water cooled VW’s. The exact opposite of any sort of lift.

Stoked to start new adventures. Looking forward to interacting with the community and meeting cool new people.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rich
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi!
I'm really excited to start this new hobby in my life. I look forward to all the fun and adventure I can have with my family.

Rig: 2007 F-150
Experience: Novice. No experience with overlanding but a lot of experience being outside and being self sufficient outdoors.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee & @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for your warm welcome. I drive a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with plans to upgrade to a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon when the diesel is available. I also drive a Ram 3500 to tow my horse trailer. I overland/camp with both vehicles then take my horse(s) and pack mules to where vehicles can not go... Original 4-leg travel. No better way to see the back country in the Northwest...
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I live in the Broomfield area which is between Boulder and Denver and have a 2013 Commando Green Jeep Sahara JKU lifted on 35s. I was camping alone in Telluride a couple weeks ago and the next morning ran across a group of people that introduced me to Overland Bound and invited me along for the day.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @the_runn4r

Powellcoring

Rank I

Member I

Pacifica
First Name
kevin
Last Name
powell
Member #

New member here, just picked up this pretty much done 94 Toyota fzj80 , 4x4 labs bumpers, Slee springs , air compressor plumbed, triple lock diffs with 4:88 gears, 37” with race line bead locks , lights all around, ham radio, rock sliders, inti roof rack, seems ready to go explore. High mileage motor, but runs good so far.

Attachments