Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Heather
Last Name
R.
Member #

Hey there! I'm Heather, a new member here and also new to the world of overlanding. My boyfriend and I just brought home our dream adventure vehicle in January 2020 and are looking forward to expanding our outdoor activities with our two dogs.

Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Experience: None! We've just started figuring out off-roading and overlanding since bring home the Jeep. We've been on a few beginner runs the last few months.

Here's the Jeep!
_HRR6601.jpg

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good morning! Just joined yesterday!
I'm from Santa Clara, CA.
I've got an 06 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. Got some experience off road, but always looking for more. Love camping and offroading with the dog. I've done some mods to the truck, bigger tires, small lift, better shocks. I'm currently welding up a rack for the bed to serve as mount points and an awning.
Glad you are here! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey there! I'm Heather, a new member here and also new to the world of overlanding. My boyfriend and I just brought home our dream adventure vehicle in January 2020 and are looking forward to expanding our outdoor activities with our two dogs.

Experience: None! We've just started figuring out off-roading and overlanding since bring home the Jeep. We've been on a few beginner runs the last few months.

Here's the Jeep!
View attachment 159149
Welcome Heather and Boyfriend ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Check out the Rally Point for events going on in your area.

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

B. Marsh

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Squire
Member #

Good evening everyone. I just joined today! I'm excited to join this community. Hopefully it will force me to get out more. I'm from Central California. I have a 73 CJ5, 99 Grand Cherokee, and a 97 F250. Depending on how many of the kids are going determines which vehicle goes.

Attachments

Wanderswild

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Heather
Last Name
R.
Member #

Welcome Heather and Boyfriend ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Check out the Rally Point for events going on in your area.

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks Mike! I've connected with the local "meet-up" group, looks like its hosted by @Greg Eigsti ! We're looking forward to getting involved with the local community. Thanks for the extra resources to start! :)

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening everyone. I just joined today! I'm excited to join this community. Hopefully it will force me to get out more. I'm from Central California. I have a 73 CJ5, 99 Grand Cherokee, and a 97 F250. Depending on how many of the kids are going determines which vehicle goes.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative closest to you is; Central Valley @TOMB
Here is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Visalia/Fresno CA
US West - Visalia Meet up
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Here's the Jeep!
View attachment 159149
Welcome to Overland Bound Heather.
Looks like you have a good start on the vehicle.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I may not have driven far (this wa taken on our farm) but I’m quickly getting comfortable with the Overlanding lifestyle!
View attachment 159148
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @rrjones2u & @NC-Trooper. @Hank Outdoors is a local member in Nashville that is very experienced and loves to help new members.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, 2016 Rubicon Unlimited. I started out backpacking but my wife and I had our first kid backpacking became less practical. We started overlanding and have enjoyed every second of it.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. So, no good pics of my truck. I'm down in the Southeastern corner of California. My rig will be my daily driver, a 2019 Chevy TrailBoss crewcab. No mods or anything yet. I've got some to moderate camping and off road driving experience.
Been interested for awhile in Overland Bound so I decided to pull the trigger and join up. Looking to get out and adventure.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody!
After a long time enjoying the Overland Bound’s YouTube channel, I got in to the community. Glad I did!

1) I don’t have a nice picture yet to show you all my rig, but sure I will get one in the months to come.
2) I’m at San Ramon Valley, SF Bay Area.
3) My rig is a 2010 Chevy Suburban.
4) For several years I went to small off road day trips with a Land Cruiser which I sadly left behind when I moved from Spain to California 4 years ago.
Now, back to the adventure!!!
Longer & further!!!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative closest to you is; Bay Area @PapaDave,
Here is a very active local meet-up you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, my names Thomas, I got my overland badge the other week and I’m an avid off-roader/overlander. I live in NC and I’ve taken my truck to uwharrie and Hurricane creek. Happy to be here.
Welcome To Overland Bound Thomas.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Thesummersummer

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maryland
First Name
James
Last Name
Albright
Member #

Hey everyone, new member. Jimmy here, based out of Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay but currently on my way out west for this trip:

Hey! Check out this trip on Roadtrippers and let me know what you think:

Driving my 2007 Tacoma that I built a camper setup into the bed. Cant wait to explore the west and see the Pacific ocean for the first time!

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everybody!
After a long time enjoying the Overland Bound’s YouTube channel, I got in to the community. Glad I did!

1) I don’t have a nice picture yet to show you all my rig, but sure I will get one in the months to come.
2) I’m at San Ramon Valley, SF Bay Area.
3) My rig is a 2010 Chevy Suburban.
4) For several years I went to small off road day trips with a Land Cruiser which I sadly left behind when I moved from Spain to California 4 years ago.
Now, back to the adventure!!!
Longer & further!!!
Hi guys!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

mmssierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mims
Member #

Hi Everyone,

My name is Charles, and i'm new to Overland Bound. I was fortunate to buy a 2014 4Runner trail, with a couple of mods to get me started. I look forward to being part of the community, exploring more of the outdoors and getting to meet you all. Pic below is from my 20hr drive back home from picking her up. Long drive, but i found what i wanted. I live in Loveland, CO so let me know if any of you are in the near area.View attachment 158989
Welcome to Overland Bound! That is a great picture! Sharp looking 4Runner. I like the front bumper, what is it?

Contributor I

knoxville TN
First Name
cory
Last Name
KNOXVILLE
Good afternoon everyone! Just joined the forums to learn about new territories to explore and learn life hacks with everything out doors! I’ve browsed the forums for a while now but finally decided to join! I have a custom built 5x8 trailer I built to use camping and setup my “base” for when we’re out and about. I’ve attached a couple pictures just to show off my home made setup.BD3D8BD1-9AEA-4AF8-96A9-ED54A4CB8DB8.jpeg
619E7C48-A640-465E-878B-04F4C200EA9F.jpeg

Peace_Love_FJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Elkhorn, NE, USA
First Name
Danielle
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey there! So happy to be here and can't wait to meet some of you. We are just starting out with adventures.
Rig: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Experience: Very little :)

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

tacoman

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Louisville, KY
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Hey everyone,
I'm finally getting setup on here. Looking forward to my annual trip out West coming up in about a month!

Current Vehicle: '15 Tacoma
Experience: I've been wheeling, overlanding, backpacking and camping for about 5 years now.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,
I'm finally getting setup on here. Looking forward to my annual trip out West coming up in about a month!

Current Vehicle: '15 Tacoma
Experience: I've been wheeling, overlanding, backpacking and camping for about 5 years now.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region but as you go across the country you can access local resources, information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there! So happy to be here and can't wait to meet some of you. We are just starting out with adventures.
Rig: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Experience: Very little :)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 & @igtyr6

Reactions: Iwata77