Member 1521 Intro - Danny from North Jersey - Jeep JK + Gelandewagen

• HTML tutorial

ToplessSpyders

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Hey there, I signed up to OB a while back, but I didn't know a forum had been formed. My name is Danny S from North Jersey, member # 1521. I got into some off roading a while back in 2011 but didn't get serious about Overlanding until about 2014 through friends that had introduced me to the lifestyle. Soon after I found out about Vermont Overland Trophy that takes place in the summer in Vermont, and after setting up my truck for that adventure, I was hooked. I've completed four VOTs as of date and very happy to be able to say that I've been trained by Kyle Butcher of Off Road Consulting for years now. I recently realized a long term dream of mine which was to ship out my truck to the US Southwest where I spent a couple of weeks exploring Arizona and much of Utah including Moab. Trip of a lifetime and I'd love to go again or set up another extended trip such as that.

I currently have a 2014 Jeep JKU built by Mainline Overland which has rose up to every occasion and overcome every obstacle it has faced. That being said, I wanted a more traditional overland truck, so for the past year Mainline Overland has been building my 1989 300GD for me. While I expect it to be capable, I'm not looking for it to be as built up as the Jeep. I think together, the Jeep and the G compliment each other very well, and I'm looking to have both out on longer trips in the future.

Here are some pics of the Jeep and the G, unfortunately I dont have many of the Benz, as its been away for the project. Let me know what you guys think. Would love to meet some people in the community that are closer to my area or even plan some trips down the line. 20180409_171959.jpg 20180411_174156.jpg 20180414_125339.jpg IMG_6422.jpg IMG_6423.jpg