Megacab Ram very slow build thread

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

This is more to log the trials and mistakes i make in my journey to take the road less traveled with my family

We are a family of 4 with 2 boys under 4 years of age and a 50 lb Pit. Right now we are just getting them accustomed to long road trips and overnight camping. Nothing more than that since the 2 year old can get a little fussy. I will most likely be documenting not just parts for the truck since that will be few and far in between updates. The updates will hopefully be about gear storage and camping gear as well as recovery gear.

The goal of the truck is to remain as stock engine was as possible while still being a capable trail rig and hopefully not damage the body

Truck as she sits right now after a wash

Suspension / Wheel
Zone offroad 6.5" Lift kit with longer radius arm
Fox 2.0 Shocks
Steering Box Brace (Can't remember brand, bought it about the same day i got the truck)
20x9 Method Race wheels +0 offset (+ full size matching spare)
37x12.5r20 Toyo RT

Interior
Seat to seat Quilted seat cover for the dog.
2 Recaro Child seats
Bergan Dog harness

Misc
Stubby Antennae (Apparently the stock antenna got bent in the wind)
Piaa Windshield wipers (Best wipers I had on all my cars, lasts 4-6 years even in Cali sun)
Line-X Bed
Amp Retractable Steps

Recovery / Emergency Gear
4 LB ABC Fire extinguisher (I get very paranoid and would rather have it and not need it rather than need it than not have it
3 Ton Aluminum floor jack
Tuff Stuff Xtreme 5.65 CFM air compressor
Bully Rail mounted tie down clamps
Quick Tire Deflators
Tire Repair Kit
Maxsa Traction Mat's
Trauma First aid Kit
Folding Shover

Current camping gear
2 Plano Lockers for all storage
Coleman White gas camp stove
Portable Weber Propane grill
Cheap Coleman Tent / Sleeping Bags
Cheap kitchenware set
Rtic 65 cooler

Shot of the seat cover still allowing access to the floor to store dirty stuff inside the cab as well

Planned mods
(Ever changed and ever growing)

Rock sliders
Quick disconnect front Sway bar Endlink
Front bumper / Wionch
Wraparound Rear bumper
More recovery gear
Shovel/Axe/Saw
Regear 4.10 or 4.56
Air Lockers
Rear Track bar
Front Track bar
Some sort of lights
Decked Drawers
Hydraulic Assist Steering
Black Pine Instant Tent
Cots or Air Mattresses or Self-Inflatable pads

Could you send a picture of how you have your air compressor? I have a 2015 crew cab and I am debating with myself of where to mount. possibly on frame or behind rear wheel well

kayak15

Rank 0

Contributor I

I am getting an 08 Mega Cab this week, and want to get sliders on it ASAP. Can you take a pic of how the sliders attach/wrap around the frame, and also if you don't mind provide an estimated price from the local fab shop? I have one local to me as well, just trying to get a ballpark on what that will cost.

Thanks,
Kevin