Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
UPDATE: CAMPSITE HAS MOVED. New coordinates below.

This is an opportunity for those participating in the Buena Vista 14erfest to meet, camp and perhaps ride the trails together.
Neither OB nor myself have any affiliation with this event. I know that a few of us are signed up to participate in the 14erfest. The last minute idea to create a Rally Point came up at the recent OB Rally Point in Twin Lakes. (click MORE below)

4x4 trails are only one venue of the event. There is a vehicle show&shine on Friday evening and multiple trail rides planned for Sat & Sun. The entry cost is $25 and they have pay camping at the event. However, I'm hoping you'll come camp with myself and hopefully others. The trail rides vary from easy to hard. You choose! I believe I'm signed up for Mt Antero on Sat and Aspen Ridge on Sun.

The Rally Point location is the group camp site. We might also consider a meetup in town (perhaps during show & shine for anyone not wanting to come out to the Rally Point campsite). This will be decided upon and updated soon.

https://14erfest.org

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Bummer I didn't know about this sooner. We're going up to Independence Pass and Maroon Bells this weekend to catch the changing colors. Have fun!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Bummer I didn't know about this sooner. We're going up to Independence Pass and Maroon Bells this weekend to catch the changing colors. Have fun!
We were just at the OB event at Twin Lakes ourselves. Independence Pass was quite crowded as you might imagine.

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

We were just at the OB event at Twin Lakes ourselves. Independence Pass was quite crowded as you might imagine.
Yeah, and I imagine that it's going to be pretty busy this weekend also.

How are you hearing about the OB events? I obviously got notice of this event, but hadn't heard of anything going on at Twin Lakes

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Yeah, and I imagine that it's going to be pretty busy this weekend also.

How are you hearing about the OB events? I obviously got notice of this event, but hadn't heard of anything going on at Twin Lakes
I think it was because I'm subscribed to the Rocky Mountain section of the forum. It was either that or through the OB Rocky Mountain Facebook page. There were no invites sent as I did with this event.

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

I think it was because I'm subscribed to the Rocky Mountain section of the forum. It was either that or through the OB Rocky Mountain Facebook page. There were no invites sent as I did with this event.
Ah okay. I just got back on Facebook so I'll make sure I follow the group on there. Definitely want to get out to a local event in the near future!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hope to meet you soon!
Turns out we aren’t going to make it Neal. We need to be back in Golden early on Sunday morning so Brittany doesn’t want to camp for just Saturday night and I don’t want to drive up just to turn around and drive back. But have fun and take photos for the rest of us. I’m sure it will be a great time!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Turns out we aren’t going to make it Neal. We need to be back in Golden early on Sunday morning so Brittany doesn’t want to camp for just Saturday night and I don’t want to drive up just to turn around and drive back. But have fun and take photos for the rest of us. I’m sure it will be a great time!
No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully there will be more on vendor display tomorrow. So far, not so much.

See you next year in Ouray!

-neal

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
We would love to hook up with you guys to run some trails. We will be in area for aspen color change.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We would love to hook up with you guys to run some trails. We will be in area for aspen color change.

Sounds great! This is the thread for last year's event that I threw together at the last minute.

This is the Rally Point for this year's (2019) event: 14erFest in Buena Vista, CO

It can be found in the Rally Point - Rocky Mountain section or from the initial post in the other thread: