EU Mid Europe Meetup at the 23rd International Lada Niva Meeting July 6-9, 2023.

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Actually, the NIVA interest group had planned again a big meeting on the well-known offroad site in Jänschwalde. For organizational reasons, the 23rd International Lada Niva Meeting will now take place on a somewhat smaller scale and, as last year, at the Mammutpark Stadtoldendorf. Last year we were there with some OB members and had a great time. So why not repeat something proven. I will be there the whole long weekend. Who is joining?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
@Moritz Jung and I will meet already on that Thursday, 6th near Frankfurt/ Main and then drive together north to the meetup. Maybe someone else would like to join us. Last year it was a great meetup of the Niva friends and we had a lot of fun there. Also, visiting an offroad park is always a great opportunity to train skills and try out some offroad stuff for those who like it.

Reactions: Moritz Jung

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
This time next week, we'll already be at the meetup. I'm looking forward to it. If anyone else wants to join, you are more than welcome. As I said, we will set off with two rigs from the Rhein-Main area sometime on Thursday.

Reactions: Moritz Jung

Moritz Jung

Rank VI

Explorer I

Kleinostheim, Bavaria, Germany
First Name
Moritz
Last Name
Jung
Member #

This time next week, we'll already be at the meetup. I'm looking forward to it. If anyone else wants to join, you are more than welcome. As I said, we will set off with two rigs from the Rhein-Main area sometime on Thursday.
I'm really looking forward to the meetup, too! Can't wait to meet you on Thursday!

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We had a blast at the meetup. Off-roading, good conversation with like-minded people, campfires and more. I'll go through all the photos the next days and post a few here.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It was a really nice meetup and we had a lot of fun. There were in total 84 attendees and already in the course of Thursday many Niva fans arrived at the camp of the Mammutpark. With @Moritz Jung and me, two Overland Bound members were present.

The Mammutpark is an offroad pay and play park in the middle of Germany. Many attendees also drove into the offroad course. The Mammutpark with its 130 hectares of off-road terrain is ideal for this. Minor damage such as broken shock absorbers and faulty alternators were immediately repaired together on site, recovery assistance was also naturally - a great community.

A total of 52 Niva and a few other off-road vehicles were present. Among them the visitors could spot real rarities like a Lada Niva pick-up or a Niva Baikal, an extended version which was not built ex works but by a Czech importer.

The organizers of the meeting had even come up with a few fun games. The disciplines were wheel changing for time and V-belt throwing. It was great fun and there were also great prizes to be won. While it was warm, even very warm, during the day, it cooled down noticeably in the evening and so many of the participants sat around the cracking campfire until deep into the night, exchanging travel stories and tech talking about the Niva technology.

I will certainly go to this meeting again, maybe next year and hopefully there will be a few more OB members.

And now some more photo impressions:

Niva IG Treffen 2023_BannerIG.JPG

Niva IG Treffen 2023_Aufkleber.JPG

Niva IG Treffen 2023_Gallerie.JPG

Niva IG Treffen 2023_Gallerie_16.JPG

Niva IG Treffen 2023_Gallerie_6.JPG