Influencer II

Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Newman
Member #

Hello!

I was wondering if there was any interest in coordinating a meet up in the Bay Area soon.

I am free this weekend, 9/14-15 and a couple week later 10/5-6 if anyone wants to get together!

I haven't attended one of these yet but would be interested in hearing some suggestions on where and when works for most of us.

Look forward to seeing some replies!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Looks like 10/5 gives more people to plan, according to poll results so far. :)

Adewynewy

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Newman
Member #

Hey Everyone!

So lets plan on 10/5/19 (or maybe 10/6/19). Looks like this gives people a lot more time to plan for it.

Next on the agenda..

Where do you guys want to do it? Like I said, I've never orchestrated one of these nor ever attended one.

Morning? Afternoon? Coffee? Beer?

Any suggestions would be helpful. I saw that @McGrizzly had hosted one out at Pescadero State Beach. I think somewhere like that would be cool. Any thought?

I really like Davenport. There is that large dirt lot across Highway 1 right in town. There is the whale city cafe too that sells coffee and breakfast too. Just a thought.

If people are not psyched on going to the coast, we can try to find somewhere in the bay area near or around San Jose as more of a central hub.

Reactions: Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey Everyone!

So lets plan on 10/5/19 (or maybe 10/6/19). Looks like this gives people a lot more time to plan for it.

Next on the agenda..

Where do you guys want to do it? Like I said, I've never orchestrated one of these nor ever attended one.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I saw that @McGrizzly had hosted one out at Pescadero State Beach. I think somewhere like that would be cool. Any thought?

I really like Davenport. There is that large dirt lot across Highway 1 right in town. There is the whale city cafe too that sells coffee and breakfast too. Just a thought.

If people are not psyched on going to the coast, we can try to find somewhere in the bay area near or around San Jose as more of a central hub.
Please check your DM for a message

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Hey Everyone!

Next on the agenda..

I am sorry we have not been on it because of my new job training and expecting a baby. I can help you out with some plans and yes whale cove would be a great spot to meet up. bring a ton of folks from all around. let me know what help you need!

MysticZT4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Do Overland meet up ever do trail meet up as a location? Other clubs I belong to usually meet up at Hollister or somewhere we can have a BBQ and have some fun on trails.

Reactions: Derbydude

Adewynewy

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Newman
Member #

Hello everyone!

I like the idea of meeting up that is just a meet and greet/rig walk around/check out gear. (At least for the first one.) If it goes well, I'd be happy to try to organize another one that could be at a trailhead, or somewhere like Holister or National Forest. After the rainy season we could also try to do a take over up on top of Nacemiento or Plasket Ridge.

Meet Up Location Idea/Time

Hopdogma: Saturday/12 (beer!)
Please list any other ideas in the thread!

Like I said, this is my first one. Help me with ideas!

Reactions: BCMoto

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Hello everyone!

I like the idea of meeting up that is just a meet and greet/rig walk around/check out gear. (At least for the first one.) If it goes well, I'd be happy to try to organize another one that could be at a trailhead, or somewhere like Holister or National Forest. After the rainy season we could also try to do a take over up on top of Nacemiento or Plasket Ridge.

Meet Up Location Idea/Time

Hopdogma: Saturday/12 (beer!)
Please list any other ideas in the thread!

Like I said, this is my first one. Help me with ideas!
You happen to have the address?

Also I like the idea of a trail meetup

MysticZT4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Bay Area, CA
Member #

I’m out this trip. Dang it. I’ll be on a trip leaving Thursday. We are hitting The Lassen Back Country Scenic Trail. 140 miles of off road fun! Sierra Rally was awesome this week end!!
You starting from Pillsbury Lake? From Clear Lake its 200+ miles.