Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oirschot, Netherlands
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dolton
Member #

Seems there are a few meets planned that don’t suit everyone, I thought we could plan a meet up in late August/ early September for a night or 2 of camping and a day doing some tracks.

Let’s start with a date that most can attend and then we work from there.

I can arrange a route around Noord Brabant if that’s what people want to do, I don’t know many other areas

I think it will be difficult to have a central location since we are spread out but let’s be open to suggestions here

Anyone who wants to attend got weekend dates they cannot attend?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Should be possible. Problem is a trip with more as 5 Rigs at that time of year.
So, If we have more, I can do a seperate tour from yours.
I have enough tours for at least 3 groups of 5.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

That's good Mark! watching your thread. Actually i can not predict how summer will be organized for us.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Mark, sounds good. I like the area - about a 4 hour drive for me. The weekend of August 10 and 24 don’t work. There is a new festival this year „1st international travelers day“ the weekend of 21/22 September. Might check it out since I’m missing out on BK this year.

Reactions: PeterC

MarkD

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oirschot, Netherlands
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dolton
Member #

Should be possible. Problem is a trip with more as 5 Rigs at that time of year.
So, If we have more, I can do a seperate tour from yours.
I have enough tours for at least 3 groups of 5.
Yeah i also considered we might have to split up into smaller groups, i wanted to gauge interest in it first and go from there

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Sure, Iam interested, and as I do organise lots of things, I like to help out and at least guide one group. And we can discuss which route we do, so maybe we can meet up in the middle somewhere.

Reactions: PeterC and MazeVX

WouterP

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West-flanders (Belgium)
First Name
Wouter
Last Name
Parmentier
Member #

Would like to come also.
Would be Nice if we could drive in convoi to the meeting Point.
I'm from west-flanders near the frensh border

Tomaz

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Europe
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Haex
Member #

As this is going to be my first OB meeting, is there anything that I need to think of? Apart from the vehicle and camping gear ofcourse. :)

MarkD

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oirschot, Netherlands
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dolton
Member #

As this is going to be my first OB meeting, is there anything that I need to think of? Apart from the vehicle and camping gear ofcourse. :)
its also my first with OB - i would consider beer and food somewhere near the top of that list though :grinning:

If everyone agrees and we get some volunteers to assist in cooking, maybe we can make a meal as a group on Saturday night - not normally something for me but if other like this we can do it, i'm sure it would be nice.

I will meet with the camping place this weekend and answer questions a couple of you have.

I will try finalize the plan over the next week, including the drive and then i will ask you to confirm you attendance.

Tomaz

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Europe
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Haex
Member #

Beer seems manageable given the proximity to Belgium. :) As for dinner, a large BBQ or a few smaller bbq's could work.

I'm happy to help with some route planning as I live in the area. Please send me a msg for contact details.