North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hey Everyone!

So lets try and get some idea's for locations where we can organise some Meet's

We appreciate that we are all fairly well scattered around and not everyone is able to travel a huge distance to attend, but if we can come up with some locations we can work from that

Nickburt created a regular Rally point which is set for the first Friday every month since Feb which is great! which is up in the NW

Any locations you guys know of which are large enough for either a little get together for a few hours or even for a slightly larger weekend thing (perhaps any campsite recommendations which would accept a group of vehicles)

Reactions: Tim

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
Rather at the extreme of things I have several locations here in the South East that we could use or, similarly out of the way, I have a friend in Stranraer who owns a camp site that would be more than welcoming.
They are rather both at Two extreme ends of the spectrum, although Stranraer may serve as a start location for an explore that way sometime perhaps?

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Rather at the extreme of things I have several locations here in the South East that we could use or, similarly out of the way, I have a friend in Stranraer who owns a camp site that would be more than welcoming.
They are rather both at Two extreme ends of the spectrum, although Stranraer may serve as a start location for an explore that way sometime perhaps?
Any locations that we come up with is a win win, gives everyone a good idea of places which are available for future plans

Yeah creating a starting location like Stranraer to then travel from is a great idea, something of a long weekend or something could be planned for that in the future if people may be up for it

Certainly see what other locations also come to mind - all of these places can / could be used at one point or another, also gives others an idea if they decide to create a rally point too :grinning:

What places in the SE you thinking?

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
If we need something in the South East then I'm sure I can sort something in Sussex especially but Kent / Surrey area too without too much hassle, all of the 4x4 Response groups around here have access to some areas which are suitable for vehicle gatherings, camping, and possibly some light off road practice as well in case anyone hasn't had chance to do much or wants to brush up.
I know they aren't ideal locations for anything centrally UK based, and pretty awful for any Laning but if there were people coming over from the continent then there's Dover/Folkestone/Newhaven all as good links to the other side of the channel.

Reactions: Kevigizmo

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

If we need something in the South East then I'm sure I can sort something in Sussex especially but Kent / Surrey area too without too much hassle, all of the 4x4 Response groups around here have access to some areas which are suitable for vehicle gatherings, camping, and possibly some light off road practice as well in case anyone hasn't had chance to do much or wants to brush up.
I know they aren't ideal locations for anything centrally UK based, and pretty awful for any Laning but if there were people coming over from the continent then there's Dover/Folkestone/Newhaven all as good links to the other side of the channel.
Sounds to me like a fairly ideal place if you have access and contacts for it

Perhaps we can explore that a bit more and maybe get some plans in the pipeline
as you say its fairly close for anyone who wishes to pop over from the continent as its "central" to the region as such lol

guitarman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Paignton, Devon, England
Member #

would love some kind of meet up down here in Devon or southwest, its not easy for me to do a saturday as thats the day i have my daughter, im sure i could sort out cheap campsite for any overnights or i know a few locations on Dartmoor for a small group of vehicles

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

Has there been any meet ups arranged in UK as of yet? I'm currently based in essex so can meet for the South East gathering, however hoping to move to cumbria early thus year so if a meet up is being arranged for the north west may also be ideal