Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey everyone!

We are having a member meet in Ocala National Forest coming up on May 6th and 7th!

No particular agenda other than camping a night and getting to know our neighboring members!

If you are an active OB member with a member number in the Southeast region and you haven't already joined the Facebook group, please do as we've also got this event on there. The link to the FB group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundEast/

Time: May 6th & 7th all day
Coordinates: 29° 7' 21.87" N, 81° 38' 19.05 W

Details:
@pezpon , a couple other members, myself and whoever else wants to will arrive Friday to establish our campsite so. You can come out and camp the night(s), or you can just come out one day.

What to bring:
Bring bug spray (there are ticks)
Bring anything else you think you'll need/want.
Kayaks
Maybe a ⛺
Perhaps some food

There are NO facilities on site. This will be off the grid. However, there are several Campgrounds with facilities in the park.

This is a family friendly meet. Bring your kids, dogs, cats, rabbits and gerbils!

Camp etiquette:
Unfortunately there are no campfires allowed :(
Let's ensure we leave the space better than we find it.
Overland Bound morals/rules/principles apply to all OB meets.

Last edited:

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Dananc - any word about a location yet for the 6 & 7 in Ocala? I'm looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Dananc - any word about a location yet for the 6 & 7 in Ocala? I'm looking forward to it
I don't have a specific location yet!

I've been trying to get a hold of @pezpon for since last weekend because he scouted it. If I cannot get a hold of him, I'll do some scouting this weekend and lock down a location. But one way or another we will be doing the Meetup and I'll try to have it as organized as I can!

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

No worries on my end. If we have 2 rigs or if we have 10 it will be great. Regardless, I'll be there. There will be two of us in my rig. Let me know if I can help out in anyway.

Reactions: Chubby121

SwimWill

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Orlando, fl
Member #

Wish I could make it. Been out there before. Good camping experience minus the locals blowing it up at night. I still remember the night I felt like John Rambo (first blood).

But good times seriously would join and show y'all my spot.

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

AdvNerd

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Austin, TX
Hey everyone, I just saw this and just joined OB last week. Talk about timing. I'm about an hour from Ocala, I'll try to get out there and say hi!

Reactions: ClarkT

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I just saw this and just joined OB last week.
Wha!!! I thought you were already on here or I'd have mentioned it. Lots of Subarus here in various states of modification.

Steve (aka Rex Wagon from the Facebook groups and smorris from subaruoutbacks.org)

Reactions: AdvNerd

AdvNerd

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Austin, TX
Hey everyone! I had a great time meeting everyone in yesterday. Here are the photos I got. I uploaded them to my Flickr so if you want a higher resolution of any image you should be able to click them and download them from there. Next time I'm going to have to plan a bit more and camp with you all! It was a great introduction to the OB community!

I didn't see a photo limit posted anywhere so here's all the ones I got that turned out!

-Curt

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarkT and Steve

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Hey everyone! I had a great time meeting everyone in yesterday. Here are the photos I got. I uploaded them to my Flickr so if you want a higher resolution of any image you should be able to click them and download them from there. Next time I'm going to have to plan a bit more and camp with you all! It was a great introduction to the OB community!

I didn't see a photo limit posted anywhere so here's all the ones I got that turned out!

-Curt

Curt, it was great to have you join us, even if it was just for a little bit. And...WOW! The pictures that you got in that short time are great!!

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Whoops, didn't mean to copy all those great photos in the response. I'm still learning this stuff... [emoji854]

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Also, my shout out to everyone that was there. It was so nice to have some time with all of you. Danan, thanks for making it all happen!