Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orem, UT
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Bergesen
Member #

Looks awesome! I wish I could have gone, but family was in town from out of country. Next time I will make sure to clear the calendar! Great pictures btw!

Reactions: UtahOverlander

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

You're welcome and it was definitely a blast. I'm already looking at dates on the calendar for the next adventure. We also need to start throwing trail ideas on the table. I will look at the members map and see if we can locate a "centralized" area and hopefully pull rigs from all over the state. Please let me know if anyone has some ideas for a trail. I will start making a list. This one was close, but I'm willing to drive anywhere in the state. Also, as the weather gets really nice, we may want to think about an overnight adventure. Not everyone will be able to do the overnight, but those that can should make a plan.

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

Based on the members map it appears that the majority of members are located in the I-15 corridor from Spanish Fork to Ogden. There is a group West of Huntington and a group near St. George and few scattered throughout the state. Just my observation. Maybe we can hit each of these areas at least once this year. Open to ideas.

coreyinfo

Rank 0

Traveler I

@UtahOverlander, thanks for uploading the photos of last weekend's trail run! Looks like a great group of overlanders. Keep us posted on the next one, because I think you have got us all excited for summer now. Also, did anyone get a GPX of the trail? That's an area I'm not too familiar with, but would like to try it.

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

I didn't get a GPX of the trail. So excited to have 6 rigs show up and a beautiful day, that was something I forgot. Need to put it on the list of things to do for next time. I had Gaia on the cell phone, a Suunto GPS Watch on , and a Garmin in the Jeep and no GPX. I think someone posted the route in a previous post. I believe that @fpdavis3 was following that route. Maybe one of the other guys can comments.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Looks like a great day of wheeling in beautiful Utah. Good variety of vehicles, too. Thank you for posting up the pictures for us all to see.

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

I think an overnighter would be great especially with the weather finally getting better. Maybe sooner before it's too hot. I too could travel anywhere in the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

fpdavis3

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Based on the members map it appears that the majority of members are located in the I-15 corridor from Spanish Fork to Ogden. There is a group West of Huntington and a group near St. George and few scattered throughout the state. Just my observation. Maybe we can hit each of these areas at least once this year. Open to ideas.
As far as the route, I just looked on google maps and pinned the locations for the turns.
Going up Spanish Canyon (Hwy. 6) we took a left turn at 40.028940, -111.505493 on to Diamond Fork Rd.
Right Turn at 40.154918, -111.331296 onto FR051
Left Turn at 40.147545, -111.314908 onto FR715
to the top of the ridge then left turn at 40.144503, -111.225943 onto FR652 down to the paved road.
straight at 40.163295, -111.191624 across the paved road to Strawberry on FR574

You should be able to copy and paste the coordinates into Google maps and see the turns.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
One area I would like to explore is the Gold Hill area in west Utah, south of Wendover.

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

As you guys are planning these routes, how capable of a rig are you guys looking at? I currently have a stock '16 Tacoma-Off Road, but I'd love to go. I'm hoping to get bigger tires and a lift soon.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

UtahOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Heber City, UT
Member #

I have a stock 16 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock. She's capable but I'm not a skilled 4x4 guy and I can't afford to fix broken parts. Me personally, I'm not looking for any major obstacles. It's more about spending the day off the beaten path enjoying the scenery. Those that want a high level of difficulty would be disappointed. That why I joined Overland Bound and not some other 4x4 group.

Sent from my SM-N920V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

Perfect! I love a little challenger here and there, but I agree; it's all about good people and unique camping spots.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk