Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Are you saying that when you will need your M/T's, you'll get out a wrench, unbolt the u-bolts, then have loose u-bolts to deal with?

Not to stick my nose in, but I wouldn't have too many steps between you and getting those where they need to be.
The last thing you want to do is rush during a recovery, but you also don't want to make it difficult to get those off and ready, and have a lot of loose parts floating around.

FWIW. Dan

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I'm thinking about you bolting a flat plate to the side of the Yakima loadwarrior rack period Then through bolting the maxtrac pins through the flat plate so the quick release is still available

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Big110

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I saw a piece of unistrut with two pins in it used before. I think that would work out pretty well for your placement. One at each end, with a larger hole in one pin and you could lock them so they don't walk away.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Look this up
ARB OS850 Awning Bracket U bolt it to the rack and hang the board off the side with pins. Make sure the length of the bracket will work with your rack. I have mine attached to the cross bars. They extended out a bit from the Load warrior I used.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Look this up
ARB OS850 Awning Bracket U bolt it to the rack and hang the board off the side with pins. Make sure the length of the bracket will work with your rack. I have mine attached to the cross bars. They extended out a bit from the Load warrior I used.
That's a great idea! Do you have another piece bolted on to the brackets? I was just looking at the brackets on my Foxwing awning and thinking I could probably at a piece on to a spare pair to make that work. You have any pics of your setup?

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

That's a great idea! Do you have another piece bolted on to the brackets? I was just looking at the brackets on my Foxwing awning and thinking I could probably at a piece on to a spare pair to make that work. You have any pics of your setup?
Hey Dana, here you go. I have several on order and already have longer Yakima Bars that I will mount these to for the Recovery Boards. I will likely have to attach an aluminum track bar between them to get the bolts to fit into the boards at the proper location. Such as this one.
48" Aluminum Mini-T-Track
Here are some photos of how I have used them.
The last image also shows how I have the awning secured with a eyelet bolt.

IMG_1206.JPG IMG_1208.JPG IMG_1210.JPG

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Rght on. Did you mount the MaxTrax to those somehow?

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Another option that could work for a lot of folks:

FourTreks

I talked to the owner on the phone this week, really friendly guy, and he says he has a specific mounting option for MaxTrax. He doesn't actually have them on the website but you can probably get an idea of how they work from the product in that link. Basically, he has multiple sizes of tube clamps with a bracket that attaches which has holes spaced at the proper distance for MaxTrax pins or bolts/wing nuts. He doesn't supply pins/bolts. I believe he said $120~ for a pair.

Other products he has for sale could be really useful for a lot of us w/tubular roof racks/baskets.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Dana, I am planning on doing just that this weekend, if I can find the T-Rail that I want. Once I get is put together I will post pictures.
OK here is the set up. I used a 2 1/4 inch multi track rail from Rockler and combinations of 3 1/2 T Bolts, and 1 1/2 T bolts. I mounted the ARB bracket using U bolts to the Yakima rack
IMG_1213.JPG
Once I had this worked out, I mounted the Multi Track to the ARB brackets using the smaller T bolts and easy grip knobs
IMG_1215.JPG IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1218.JPG
Now the Multi Track is mounted to my rack, I used the 3 1/2 inch T bolts and easy grip knobs to mount the Recovery Boards.
IMG_1226.JPG
Now just add the boards and the easy grip knobs and you are good to go.
IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1222.JPG
Door clears nicely. Also I have TREDS, but all this applies to MaxTracks. Since I used a Multi Track rail, everything is adjustable, by simply sliding the T bolts to where they need to be. This includes the rail. The rail is 3 feet long. I am going to order 4 1/2 T bolts to give me more length for the knobs. Not sure if you would need that for the MaxTracks. Let me know if you have any questions

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Another option that could work for a lot of folks:

FourTreks

I talked to the owner on the phone this week, really friendly guy, and he says he has a specific mounting option for MaxTrax. He doesn't actually have them on the website but you can probably get an idea of how they work from the product in that link. Basically, he has multiple sizes of tube clamps with a bracket that attaches which has holes spaced at the proper distance for MaxTrax pins or bolts/wing nuts. He doesn't supply pins/bolts. I believe he said $120~ for a pair.

Other products he has for sale could be really useful for a lot of us w/tubular roof racks/baskets.
Exactly.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Dana Ramos

jwhughes3

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

I had nuts welded to the underside of my rack bar so I could mount my traction mats with bolts through direct to the rack without taking rack space. They angle up against the rack side bars and are held tight to the tie down bars so there is no flap or play there. I can just run a combo cable thru the hand holes to the rack rail for security.

Attachments