Masshole Heading to VT for weekend camping trip. Looking for trails to travel.

• HTML tutorial

Dich Rixon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Salem, MA
Member #

Hey guys. I’m taking my first Overland trip as a family to Vermont. We are from Mass. we will be staying in Morissville. And day tripping in the Sherborne area one day and the Waterbury the next. I would like part of the travel to and from Mass to Morrisville to be off-road if possible.

I was thinking off logging roads, ancient roads, class vi roads etc. My rig is very mild. 2001 yukon xl with Side steps and lower valance removed for ground clearance, 32 inch all terrains, a working limited slip in the back and a winch ( panicked and bought it last minute in case we get stuck out on the trail alone).

In addition to part of the commute being off road, if you can recommend any trails in the Morrisville, sherborne, Waterbury areas that would be fantastic.

Someone in a Facebook group had recommended a trail called Reading pond rd that can be picked up in southern Vermont and driven up to approx route 4.

Any input would be great!

We are headed up August 3rd till the 6th I would be more thank appreciative and excited to meet up with another family friendly rig.

Thanks.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

Hey guys. I’m taking my first Overland trip as a family to Vermont. We are from Mass. we will be staying in Morissville. And day tripping in the Sherborne area one day and the Waterbury the next. I would like part of the travel to and from Mass to Morrisville to be off-road if possible.

I was thinking off logging roads, ancient roads, class vi roads etc. My rig is very mild. 2001 yukon xl with Side steps and lower valance removed for ground clearance, 32 inch all terrains, a working limited slip in the back and a winch ( panicked and bought it last minute in case we get stuck out on the trail alone).

In addition to part of the commute being off road, if you can recommend any trails in the Morrisville, sherborne, Waterbury areas that would be fantastic.

Someone in a Facebook group had recommended a trail called Reading pond rd that can be picked up in southern Vermont and driven up to approx route 4.

Any input would be great!

We are headed up August 3rd till the 6th I would be more thank appreciative and excited to meet up with another family friendly rig.

Thanks.

Rich

Rich here are few tips :
Get a Vermont Gazetteer and get familiar with town and roads in VT
Go out and explore on your own but stay out the class IV if you’re solo and with full size suv
Go to a few local events and meet some people

All the good spots to go off-roading, trail riding will most likely not be given online you don’t want that kind of information out in a public forum so dont be shocked when people dont jump out thier way to hand the maps/locations out.

VT is a beautiful place and I’m sure anywhere you go you’ll have a blast, make sure to hit all the breweries in area as well..
Have fun dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dich Rixon

Dich Rixon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Salem, MA
Member #

After watching some vt overland videos I was actually thinking that I may not journey too far into those roads. They are aggressive! Thanks.