Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I was watching a video by OB 0000 and he had a bag for his maps. He said it was some kind of garment bag and worked good, but I figured I could make something myself.
I happen to have a roll of heavy reinforced vinyl I have had for many years. I got it while in the Air Force in the 90's-2000's. It is black and very strong.
Now, I am no tailor, my stitching sucks, my lines are not straight and my thread ends still need trimming, but it is close to done. I still need to add a velcro patch to keep it closed.
Just wanted to post this as a way of saying, if I can do it, so can you.
This will keep my maps and my Atlas' safe from dirt, mud and abrasion. It also keeps them all in one spot and I don't have them falling all over the place. The bag fits between my drivers seat and the console box in my Suburban.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Very nice! I may have to try something similar. My current map pouch is a file folder, but it’s too small for my atlas.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

DeLorme used to sell a zippered pouch for the Gazeteers (not sure if they still do) but they only held one, maybe 2 books but nothing else.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I've got some of that same material in a different color from when I was working as a Flight Equipment Tech in the Marine Corps. Uncle Sam learned me how to run a sewing machine somewhat well........didn't do nearly as good teaching me not to eat Crayons though. I may have to break some of that out now and break out my sewing machine and put together something for my maps now.

Reactions: systemdelete