Map Pouch/Bag

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

oldmopars

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
I was watching a video by OB 0000 and he had a bag for his maps. He said it was some kind of garment bag and worked good, but I figured I could make something myself.
I happen to have a roll of heavy reinforced vinyl I have had for many years. I got it while in the Air Force in the 90's-2000's. It is black and very strong.
Now, I am no tailor, my stitching sucks, my lines are not straight and my thread ends still need trimming, but it is close to done. I still need to add a velcro patch to keep it closed.
Just wanted to post this as a way of saying, if I can do it, so can you.
This will keep my maps and my Atlas' safe from dirt, mud and abrasion. It also keeps them all in one spot and I don't have them falling all over the place. The bag fits between my drivers seat and the console box in my Suburban.

Downs

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
I've got some of that same material in a different color from when I was working as a Flight Equipment Tech in the Marine Corps. Uncle Sam learned me how to run a sewing machine somewhat well........didn't do nearly as good teaching me not to eat Crayons though. I may have to break some of that out now and break out my sewing machine and put together something for my maps now.

Reactions: systemdelete