Launch Member

Member I

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

I RSVP'd last week but when I looked this morning, it didn't show that I'm going. Well, I just RSVP'd again. Hopefully that's ok, because I'm rolling out in 35 minutes.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

yompjunky

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

lincoln,ca
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Yaeger
Member #

You could look NW towards Bullards Bar, there are some campgrounds around there. You could also look further east around Lake Spaulding, I know there are some good spots at Rucker Lake, but they are first come, first serve. Fuller Lake is mostly RV stuff.

Both of those would be closer to Grass Valley, but you'll be backtracking a little bit.
Lindsay lake area has some camping spots

NDizzle

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Good meeting everyone. We made it out going across the Bowman Road washed out bridge. That will be closed for a few weeks starting this week - they are going to repair it. There are a lot of boulders and heavy equipment on site right now. Looking forward to the next trip.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Awesome trip! it was super fun to meet y'all out there. We had a tiny bit of carnage on the way out after we too off from front of the group... Alix sounds like she's going to be going the group here shortly.

shockCarnage1.jpg

ShockCarnage2.jpg

After we left the group on the ridge, Alix took off down the front and that was pretty much the last time I saw her until we got to the pavement. Found the busted shock when we got home... I suspect the top bushing failed, then the top cap washer failed and the nut pulled through and the stem of the shock got stuck inside the coil bucket... on the bottom one of the bolts was broken and the other half out. Whoops. Limit straps are in the very near future for this truck.

For this only being the fourth trip she's had this truck out on, well, shes getting into it. haha!
And attached is the little bonus loop I did this morning from camp.
GPX viewer

Attachments

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Awesome trip! it was super fun to meet y'all out there. We had a tiny bit of carnage on the way out after we too off from front of the group... Alix sounds like she's going to be going the group here shortly.

View attachment 112188

View attachment 112189

After we left the group on the ridge, Alix took off down the front and that was pretty much the last time I saw her until we got to the pavement. Found the busted shock when we got home... I suspect the top bushing failed, then the top cap washer failed and the nut pulled through and the stem of the shock got stuck inside the coil bucket... on the bottom one of the bolts was broken and the other half out. Whoops. Limit straps are in the very near future for this truck.

For this only being the fourth trip she's had this truck out on, well, shes getting into it. haha!
And attached is the little bonus loop I did this morning from camp.
GPX viewer
Hey Rho, it was great to have you guys on the trip! Sorry to see the trail damage but she drove that thing like she was at King of the Hammers. Looking forward to seeing you guys again...

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Good meeting everyone. We made it out going across the Bowman Road washed out bridge. That will be closed for a few weeks starting this week - they are going to repair it. There are a lot of boulders and heavy equipment on site right now. Looking forward to the next trip.
Nice, great meeting you as well. Can't wait for the next one.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Hey Rho, it was great to have you guys on the trip! Sorry to see the trail damage but she drove that thing like she was at King of the Hammers. Looking forward to seeing you guys again...
Totally! When we got home and noticed it I got to welcome her into the "you broke stuff off road club!" We can either stay stock and slow down or spend more money to keep going fast... She picked the later option, hehehe.

I have a lot of stuff to get sorted out for her truck in the near future... too easy to go fast on those roads with 33's and a fairly softly sprung truck.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
My pics. I’d add some comments to the pics but feeling down and out. Our 15 year dog recently passed away.

Attachments