SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Does someone who's going have any Coleman lantern mantles? I need #51 size.

It seems that Yuba City and Bass Pro down in Sac are sold out! Cannot find them in stock anywhere. :expressionless:

If you can find a pack in your area for me let me know and I will buy them from you when we meet up on the 10th, or at the meeting on the 3rd.

Thanks!
I saw some at basspro when I was there today, so I grabbed 3 packs for ya

Jillsogw

Rank V

Explorer I

Sacramento, CA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Jillson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6GWJ
Where can I find a route description ?
I\'ve got to add the GPX file to the Rally Point, but Deb and I are currently out on the coast for our Anniversary and there is limited to intermittent signal out here. As soon as I get home, I will jump on that...

The trail is mostly a dirt logging road, with little bit more rocky sections here and there... A few steep grades but nothing your rig will have a problem with..
Congrats on your anniversary!!! Hope y’all had a fantastic time!

Jillsogw

Rank V

Explorer I

Sacramento, CA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Jillson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6GWJ
Where can I find a route description ?
I\'ve got to add the GPX file to the Rally Point, but Deb and I are currently out on the coast for our Anniversary and there is limited to intermittent signal out here. As soon as I get home, I will jump on that...

The trail is mostly a dirt logging road, with little bit more rocky sections here and there... A few steep grades but nothing your rig will have a problem with..
Congrats on your anniversary!!! Hope y’all had a fantastic time!

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
General question in camp fires. Are we going to have one? Will we all need permits? Or just one of us? Wood or propane?

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
General question in camp fires. Are we going to have one? Will we all need permits? Or just one of us? Wood or propane?
I pretty darn sure that since we are all together and it will only one camp fire, we will only need one permit.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Cummins_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

Looks like My wife and I will be at the meet up this Saturday and we will be joining in on the trip on the 10th, already RSVP'd for both. Currently don't have any coms as we've just been going on solo trips but seeing as how most will be running GMRS looks like I'll be picking up a set or a unit to mount in the truck.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
We are a family friendly group I believe. I will have my daughter with me. She's 18 but still my Kiddo. lol

Wingman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Anderson, CA, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I am not sure if I can make it but if you go to the cemetery say hello to my Dad. John Bart Hayes near the middle. I missed my annual trip this year so I hope to catch you all there or on the trail. My dad was a docent at the Empire mine so it could be you met him.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I'll come hang out for Saturday but I'd have to bring the whole crew. What's the stance on kids? Anyone else bringing the family for the day trip?
We're bringing out 8yr old!

yompjunky

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

lincoln,ca
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Yaeger
Member #

Awh man i wont be able to make this trip, looks like fun. Have fun everyone hope to meet you guys at the next meeting or the next trip.

Jeff Alsterlind

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Alsterlind
Member #

Any recommendations on a camp spot for Friday night? I'd rather not drive up from the bay area Saturday morning.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I may have missed the thread somewhere, but is the place where we will be setting up camp, will it be close to public restrooms? Will there be picnic tables? What is the ground like for tent camping? Muddy, dusty, rocky?

As far as food, for now I am just planning to bring enough for my family of 5. For camping, they have a certain expectation on their menu lol. I see in YouTube videos overlanders share food, we're not a sharing family when it comes to food. j/k. Our 6 year old has no filter and no patience. Just mentally planning out what to bring/not bring.

Reactions: rho