Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

Al
I've got to add the GPX file to the Rally Point, but Deb and I are currently out on the coast for our Anniversary and there is limited to intermittent signal out here. As soon as I get home, I will jump on that...

The trail is mostly a dirt logging road, with little bit more rocky sections here and there... A few steep grades but nothing your rig will have a problem with..
So for another Newbie. Just to confirm rally point meetup at 8:00 am

Reactions: Magic Mike

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Just posted we are in. Going to be bare bones for us, but excited to meet you and the others.
You wont be the only "Bare Bones Adventurer" on this trip! I havn't been camping in, ohhh, about 20 years?

And to confirm for you, I plan to be in the parking lot of the Raley's in Grass Valley by 0800 on that Saturday. So you won't be alone! :)

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
You wont be the only "Bare Bones Adventurer" on this trip! I havn't been camping in, ohhh, about 20 years?

And to confirm for you, I plan to be in the parking lot of the Raley's in Grass Valley by 0800 on that Saturday. So you won't be alone! :)
Yes sir

Reactions: blackiestone

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

Yea,yea, me again.. just trying to make plans for that day.. curious, how many of you are just doing the one day? I’m trying to figure my exit strategy if I don’t do the overnight option ,then I’ll shut up..

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Yea,yea, me again.. just trying to make plans for that day.. curious, how many of you are just doing the one day? I’m trying to figure my exit strategy if I don’t do the overnight option ,then I’ll shut up..
We'll make sure you get out ok buddy

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rally Point mentions nothing of where this trail is. Do we start by going past Bowman Lake and out by Jackson meadow and camp somewhere in between? Sorry, I come in peace!... just need to know where we’re going.
We Start in Nevada City and End off of Henness Pass. Still working on where we are going to camp.. Didn't anticipate this many campers, but I super stoked about it!!!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

So when do we get to talk food? Is there a forum/tread on Food Faux pas aka snacks that don't do well in the dirt or versa visa? I plan to bring easy cooking for the overnight, but are there any food allergies in the group? Just in case I get a wild hair and decide to make something to share.

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Hi Mike - Requested Saturday off. I'll keep you posted if I can make it. Haven't seen you since DV.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
I am bringing Smores makings. There will be plenty gram crackers and marshmallows. Bring your Chocolate Bars!

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I'm not sure what we're bringing yet, but we'll have extra most likely. We end up doing burritos and fixings for dinner a lot, and pre-made sandwiches or having sandwhich stuff on hand for trail lunches. And pancakes for the morning...

So when do we get to talk food? Is there a forum/tread on Food Faux pas aka snacks that don't do well in the dirt or versa visa? I plan to bring easy cooking for the overnight, but are there any food allergies in the group? Just in case I get a wild hair and decide to make something to share.
That'll really depend on what works for you and what you like, We have an 8yr old so snacks are a must for any kind of major trip. I don't eat a whole ton so I'm usally good with a few smallish meals through the day and i'll bring food with its own wrapper, like fresh fruit and stuff.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Just RSVP, i am new to OB but not to overland, I did Bowman Lake to Faucherie Lake last weekend, excited to meet with all of you guys! I am planning on both days.
Welcome to OB. Looking forward to meet you as well. Nice rig.

Last edited: