Maiden Voyage.

• HTML tutorial

Rblain82

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pampa, Texas
Member #

Some of you might have seen my post on IH8MUD, so pardon the repeat. It a great story so I wanted to share it with y'all too!

I took the cruiser on it's maiden voyage into the wilderness this weekend. There's a state park/off road area about an hour from me so Saturday morning my neighbor and me set off. Got to our destination, aired the tires down, and began exploring. It's mostly riverbed with the occasional rock trail to elevated overlooking areas. It was going great! We were cruising up and down the riverbed, climbing hills the rig was VERY impressive. I was feeling VERY confident and super excited about it's off road capabilities!!! Then....... quicksand. My rig sunk, my heart sunk, and it was touch and go for about two hours until we winched her out!!! It took my 11,000lb winch and another jeep who was anchored to s second jeep with his 12,000lb winch pulling also... whew!! I almost shed a tear I was so relieved. Enough with the story, here's the pics..

4_1.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 5_1.jpg 6_1.jpg

Reactions: stoney126

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Nice! Where were you in these pics? Looks a lot like the Canadian River up around Amarillo... same place a friend of mine found quicksand.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Wow, you were buried in pretty good. Glad you were able to rescue your vehicle. Looks like the rest of the trip was a lot of fun.