macgyver fixes

• HTML tutorial

jammy

Rank 0

Traveler I

So I personally have never really had to fix much while out on the track but I was just wondering what some of you guys have had to do to get your rig back to the blacktop to be towed.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

Once sat on the edge of a trail for hours while my brother spliced a Broken throttle cable together by braiding the ends to one another. Gave him just enough to throttle to limp back to the road.

Reactions: John D. and jammy

jammy

Rank 0

Traveler I

The worst I can think of that I have been involved in was using a branch to bend out a dented in quarter panel. Other wise it was rubbing on the tyre. So not really that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Nullifier

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

15211 MerlinPark Pl Lithia, Fl
Member #

My worst was in baja. My buddy had just installed a prototype suspension on his new fullsize chevy. About 6000 miles into this trip the vertical bolt on the upper control arm broke off as well as part of the bearing flange. Anyway. We had the head of the bolt and we were lucky enough to scrounge another bolt and nut off an abandoned car. However it was to short. So out with the grinder and the welder. Welded the 2 bolts together to make one long enough. It got us back to FL from Baja. We promptly did a solid axle swap with coilovers to that truck once home lol. The suspension company redesigned that kit after that shake down.

Reactions: dblack