Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

It is an old design. The Wildernest company was based out of Boulder, CO but went out of business in the 90’s as I understand it. As soon as the doctors tell me I can get back to my life, it will be getting a full build out to include axle with electric brakes and matching pattern to my XJ. Here is a pic of the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ambitious project, starting with a good solid foundation on which to build. Hope your back improves and that the Docs give you the green light soon!

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

Ambitious project, starting with a good solid foundation on which to build. Hope your back improves and that the Docs give you the green light soon!
Wife won’t give me the green light until they do. Chomping at the bit. We used it once in its current configuration with an air mattress in the bed. Kids love sleeping up top. It will be a slow build up. Build of the lower bed area first. My back doesn’t like air mattresses anymore.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Wife won’t give me the green light until they do. Chomping at the bit. We used it once in its current configuration with an air mattress in the bed. Kids love sleeping up top. It will be a slow build up. Build of the lower bed area first. My back doesn’t like air mattresses anymore.

I have a galley setup similar to the one you have in the drawing. Here's a pic of mine without awning or tent yet:

roaddude_xv2-galley_bigbend-0802.jpg

roaddude_van-xv2-sondors-readylights_bigbend-0804-900.jpg

And from the opposite side with everything set up and attached. You can just see the end of the galley table with faucet:
roaddude-cadescove_3506-900.jpg

Makes for a really pleasant basecamp set up. Not a M101a1 trailer, but damned similar. In fact made by the same folks who make military trailers for govts around the world.

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

I have a galley setup similar to the one you have in the drawing. Here's a pic of mine without awning or tent yet:

View attachment 54970

View attachment 54971

And from the opposite side with everything set up and attached. You can just see the end of the galley table with faucet:
View attachment 54972

Makes for a really pleasant basecamp set up. Not a M101a1 trailer, but damned similar. In fact made by the same folks who make military trailers for govts around the world.
Excellent setup. I love the XV2. My galley plan is based off that setup.

B Keith Mcadams

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Manchester, Coffee County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Keith
Last Name
McAdams
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I have 2 M101A1’s. First is my primary build and they one I use all the time. Aluminum split top with a truss support for a Smittybuilt RTT. Have 210 aH of battery with 100 watt solar panel set up as primary power and ability to run a 900w gene if necessary. I put in a 46 gal water tank with a 12v on-demand 3gpm water pump. And at request of my significant other, a 3gpm on-demand propane water heater for a shower. I carry an extra 24gal of water in 6gal containers for a total of 70gal. Longest trip was 11 days, totally off grid. Pic 1&2

The second one is a project trailer for my son and I. We have a raised aluminum truck cover. Have a single bunk with under bed storage. Have 90aH batter with 100w solar charging. There is a 8 gal solar water tank on top with faucet for shower hook up. Pic 3&4

Attachments