Erin Tetro

Rank I

Contributor III

Cedar Hills, UT
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Tetro
I just picked up a M101A1 trailer- It's being sandblasted and painted as we speak- Anybody have one? Let's start seeing mods, pics? Etc What have you guys done thats cool to these bad boys?

E

expeditionnorth

I thought there were at least 2 in the trailer build area

nice score, but thats a wide & huge trailer for a JK as depicted in your avatar

Erin Tetro

Rank I

Contributor III

Cedar Hills, UT
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Tetro
I thought there were at least 2 in the trailer build area

nice score, but thats a wide & huge trailer for a JK as depicted in your avatar
Thanks- you might be thinking the 1101- This one sits perfect behind the JK and pulls awesome- The heavy axle and military tires will be replaced so it will be lighter and drop an inch or so in height- I'll start my thread with the rebuld as soon as its back from sandblaster.

Reactions: expeditionnorth
E

expeditionnorth

Thanks- you might be thinking the 1101- This one sits perfect behind the JK and pulls awesome- The heavy axle and military tires will be replaced so it will be lighter and drop an inch or so in height- I'll start my thread with the rebuld as soon as its back from sandblaster.
Oh my bad, cant wait to follow this build

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
I've got a m116a2 mine is 74" wide like the m101a1 here are some pics of mine I've only had it a couple weeks I've converted to 12v built tent rack added tool box mounted spare to the tounge and highlift jack on the sideimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Reactions: SAR-MEDIC

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

Reactions: Ingle939

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU

Erin Tetro

Rank I

Contributor III

Cedar Hills, UT
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Tetro

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
How did you do the 12v conversion? Thats my next mod.
Your bulb numbers will be 1156 and 97 you will need two of each

On the tongue of the trailer at the junction box for the wireing you are looking for three tags 22-461, 22-460, and 21

22-461 is left stop/signal yellow
22-460 is right stop/signal green
21 is running/taillight brown
Screw white wire to frame for ground

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Last edited:

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Coming late to the game, here is the link to my M101A1, had an M1101 for a short period of time, way too big.

First pic is my 03 LC, 3 in OME lift, Nitto ridge grapplers, super quiet.

Have a few more things to do, looking at an axle and tires to match with brakes?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z8ezWP6Wggu9aMx33
Looks good! While some you say you don't need them, I am really glad I went with electric brakes on my new axle. It's a big load off my Jeep and to be able to modulate the trailer brakes separately over obstacles which is a great advantage.

I'm finally making some progress on my trailer build, M101A2 with a Tuff Stuff Overland RTT. Had a local fab guy weld me up an aluminum rack (I haven't ventured out from steel in my welding yet), and I have just about completed a homemade tonneau cover. 1" aluminum square tubing and 1" blue foam board sandwiched in between two FRP panels. Already converted it to 12v, changed out the hitch for a 2" ball, and replaced all the lights with LED bulbs.

Attachments

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

He is my M101A3 with a Wildernest cap. The project stalled when my back went out. I’m between surgeries right now, but hope to get back to it very very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty interesting, how the tent snaps to the truck cap. You gain access to the tent from inside the trailer, goes straight up and in? I don't see any other way to get in from outside. Interesting set up!

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

That's pretty interesting, how the tent snaps to the truck cap. You gain access to the tent from inside the trailer, goes straight up and in? I don't see any other way to get in from outside. Interesting set up!
The top of the cap flips open. More than 8’ head room at the peak.

Reactions: Road

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

First one I've seen like that, though looks like the style has been around awhile. Thanks for the add'l image!
It is an old design. The Wildernest company was based out of Boulder, CO but went out of business in the 90’s as I understand it. As soon as the doctors tell me I can get back to my life, it will be getting a full build out to include axle with electric brakes and matching pattern to my XJ. Here is a pic of the plan.

Reactions: Road