Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
I’d like to go up to a 31-33” tire. Kind of why I’m thinking of going the Timbren route, I can adjust the mounting point on the trailer, and I can get it with a 4” lift. Go wider on the spindle to get the needed clearances, replace/build the fenders according to size. I’ve got 33’s on my Jeep currently, and my Bronco is going to have 32” on 17” wheels (and I’ll have a set of stock BD steelies coming off of it almost immediately), so I want to make it somewhat interchangeable if absolutely needed while repurposing as much of the things I already own.

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
Something along the line of this.
(I’m no artist. The closest thing I could find to a ruler was an expired credit card )

This would be my goal. Eventually add a solar power system or quiet generator, awning, I’d like to turn the tailgate into a dual purpose table that can hang on the side rail (would work good for a prep/stove table), and tall enough I could mount my kayaks on the tent rails for transport as well.

Attachments

AdventureMule

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Wilmington, DE
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Hunter
Jumping all into this thread. I just convinced my wife of the practical purposes and number of problems this set-up would solve. We love tent camping, but being on the ground isn't always fun. An RTT directly on the vehicle limits mobility once we make camp... Also, we have a 2.5 Subie, so you know, basically no towing capacity.

A small trailer build like this would check a whole bunch of boxes.

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
Totally broke out the kids crayons and colored pencils and went to work. Not 100% perfect, but I’d say it gets the idea across on building a stout little trailer on a budget. Talked to my fab guy this morning and he’s stoked. Totally on board.13F72E21-21C2-4F82-9026-4FD47F849A7C.jpeg7D509C1C-B1AE-4E28-87F1-076C655661B2.jpeg