Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
From Santa Barbara to Mid-San Fernando Valley, we are looking for people that would like to start a new meetup. I'm thinking of the 1st meet up to be somewhere outside with as picnic kind of set up, at least until restaurants open fully, again. Looking for ideas as to where to meet and when...:)

Reactions: Narwhal and rvrgrip

Craig702

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Husted
Member #

From Santa Barbara to Mid-San Fernando Valley, we are looking for people that would like to start a new meetup. I'm thinking of the 1st meet up to be somewhere outside with as picnic kind of set up, at least until restaurants open fully, again. Looking for ideas as to where to meet and when...:)
I currently live in Vegas but originally from Carpinteria/Ojai for many years. I work from home so I'm flexible. If you assemble a group for some trips I'd like to be part of it.

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I currently live in Vegas but originally from Carpinteria/Ojai for many years. I work from home so I'm flexible. If you assemble a group for some trips I'd like to be part of it.
Welcome :) We're still in the building stages of this group, but glad to have you :)

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
If you're kind of close to Thousand Oaks, then you might want to consider joining a few of us to make up this new group :) I'm investigating a good place for our first meet up and from there will want to hear from people what day works best...

LanderGoat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Glendale, CA, USA
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Arteaga
Member #

I’m out in Glendale and I wouldn’t mind joining a new group, but I’m currently working on my rig and I don’t believe I can be out not till early August...

Reactions: Narwhal

Traveler III

West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I live in the west San Fernando Valley [West Hills} and would be very interested in a local meet up. How about some place in Simi Valley or Thousand Oaks kind of half way from the valley to Santa Barbara? For first meet up what about a Mall parking lot since most are closed - like Thousand Oaks Mall perhaps? Let me know

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I’m out in Glendale and I wouldn’t mind joining a new group, but I’m currently working on my rig and I don’t believe I can be out not till early August...
Welcome, do you have a way to get to a meet up without your rig? You're welcome, regardless :)

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I live in the west San Fernando Valley [West Hills} and would be very interested in a local meet up. How about some place in Simi Valley or Thousand Oaks kind of half way from the valley to Santa Barbara? For first meet up what about a Mall parking lot since most are closed - like Thousand Oaks Mall perhaps? Let me know
Great idea about the parking lot of The Oaks...Red Robin and a few other places will be open for take out food if wanted. Now, I was thinking of the last Friday of the month, starting in July. This way we can gather a few more folks that might want to join us...:)

Reactions: Narwhal and Narbob

Traveler III

West Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Twomey
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Great idea about the parking lot of The Oaks...Red Robin and a few other places will be open for take out food if wanted. Now, I was thinking of the last Friday of the month, starting in July. This way we can gather a few more folks that might want to join us...:)
Last Friday in July would work for me. Keep me posted

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
DM sent

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
OK, I'm thinking that we should tentatively meet at the entrance of The Red Robin...That way we can either order out or go in and hang out inside. OH! At the Oaks in Thousand Oaks...lol

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

I'll try and make it. Parking at the small lot directly across from Red Robin / Lazy Dog might be tough to get rigs together if we want to do any show and tell.

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
I'll try and make it. Parking at the small lot directly across from Red Robin / Lazy Dog might be tough to get rigs together if we want to do any show and tell.
So far, we have about 7 of 8 ppl showing, it shouldn't be too crowded at about 6:30 pm

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Out here in Simi. We used to have a Simi valley meetup a couple of years ago. We used to meet at The Hat. Could also meet at a park.
If you're interested in joining us, we'd be glad to have you. We're Meeting at the Red Robin at The Oaks in Thousand Oaks. It's just off Lynn Rd on the 101 fwy. We plan on meeting by 7 pm at the entrance to the Red Robin...just look for the other rigs :)

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
HEADS UP!!!
Red Robin is closed, the place changed hands to Lazy Dog...same location, different place...The Lazy Dog is the restaurant!

Last edited:

LanderGoat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Glendale, CA, USA
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Arteaga
Member #

Copy that... I kind of wish this was on the last Thursday of the month.. just so i can leave on friday on long weekend.. ;) but all good... I don't have concrete plans yet but worth a mention.