Louisiana

• HTML tutorial

Toepfer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Eunice, LA, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5BRS
Anyone still commenting on this? I just got back to Louisiana near Lafayette, been in Colorado for the last two years. My FJ Cruiser that I do most of my wheeling trips in when I'm gonna be camping with my wife. Wanted to see what it would do on the ramp at 4wheel parts while having the swaybar still on the front. Not too shabby. I've also got a 1992 pickup that is my work truck or slight more hardcore wheeler.94826

Attachments

Toepfer

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Eunice, LA, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5BRS
I'm about to fly out to see family in Japan. But I'll be back first week of June. If you still want to get together then we can.

Mark65

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kenner, LA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Willis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5FUG
Hi, I’m in Kenner. I’d be interested in meeting up too.

Reactions: rgk401

rgk401

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
First Name
King
Last Name
King
Member #

I’m in river ridge/New Orleans and I’m thinking about doing a camping trip on May 31 to June 2.
Not sure on exactly where I’m going but I’d love to check out the de Soto national Forest.

Reactions: Leeaekdb

rgk401

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

First Name
King
Last Name
King
Member #

I'm currently in Japan and I'll be back on the 5th. Down to get together sometime after that probably.
Yes sir we will set something up soon. Iv been going out to Sicily Island Louisiana. There is a off road park out there. Very nice but trails are tight. But the camping is nice and $50 for all weekend fun isn’t bad. I’m waiting to venture out to Mississippi and check out some national Forest. Keep in touch and have a safe trip

Nimrod

Rank 0

Traveler I

We will definitely be putting something together soon. I don’t know much about Mississippi but I believe we could find something to explore
I’m down for Mississippi. I’m pretty familiar with the homochitto forest since my family has a hunting camp there. I’ve seen some people go out to camp Shelby in the desoto forest. Kisatchie also seems like a place worth exploring.

Reactions: rgk401

rgk401

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

First Name
King
Last Name
King
Member #

I’m down for Mississippi. I’m pretty familiar with the homochitto forest since my family has a hunting camp there. I’ve seen some people go out to camp Shelby in the desoto forest. Kisatchie also seems like a place worth exploring.
When would you wanna go?
I’m free next weekend 31st /2nd. I’m not doing Jeep beach. I don’t like the big crowds.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Lafayette here...

Hope to make more Arkansas trips really like it up there
My oldest is at LaTech in Ruston, so we're dropping off some stuff there next week and then heading up to Arkansas for our first trip there. I guess hit the Hot Springs area? Looks like some camping in that area. Where do you recommend? I have a small teardrop type camper so we can camp anywhere. If its really hot I'd prob just as soon hit a small campground so we can have electric for the ac.

Reactions: Leeaekdb and rgk401

mnormand

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lafayette, LA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Normand
Member #

When I had my teardrop a few years ago I stayed one night at Lake Catherine State Park. Pretty nice area. Called ahead and they had some spots avail for drop ins.

I’m no expert but do enjoy running the forest roads and sightseeing. Usually I use 2-3 diff gps apps along with Yelp to locate good eats and stops.